Profile for Sood > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Corsair CMYAF Dominator Airflow Cooling Fan
Corsair CMYAF Dominator Airflow Cooling Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fans and looks great after installtion. Just make sure you have space for them, 20 July 2016
Excellent fan - can be used over Dominator or generic RAM (I was using over Corsair Vengeance RAM). The only caveat is you need to make sure you have space around your ram banks.

For some, a large cpu air fan might get in the way, for others the vga card might get in the way (dependent on the layout of your mobo). Fan is removable, in case you want to swap it for another 6cm fan of choice, and you get three colour inserts that cover the fan, red, blue or silver. Also the unit comes as a single unit - i.e if you have a separate set of memory banks, you will need two of these.

Can't stress enough though, you really need to make sure you really have space/clearance. I have a Asus Sabretooth X99 mobo. I bought two of these fans and they fit just perfectly, although there was very little clearance between the fan and the top vga card. I later added a metal backplate for the vga card - even though the backplate is mm in width, it was a tight squeeze between the fan legs and the vga card - and a tiny part of the plastic legs touch the metal vga backplate. I also found in my set up the fan is very close to my exhaust. Depending on your set up you may need to swap the orientation of the fans to fit in with your air flow.

Couple months down the road and so far no problems, would definitely recommend, pictures attached.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle
Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kettle for filtered (or unfiltered) water, 28 Jun. 2016
Review for Russell Hobbs 18554 Brita Filter Kettle
========================================

Pro : quick to boil, filter and its holder can easily be removed, (good capacity kettle once the filter and holder is removed), filtered water (using the filter), nice lightweight, see through kettle, with blue led..

Cons: filter adds time to filling kettle, because of the filter the capacity of the kettle is diminished

Bottom Line: Excellent kettle, much better than our previous kettles.

We initially thought 1 litre was a lot, but using it we immediately noticed it wasn’t enough for us (it’s about three cups of tea, even less for coffee as we like our coffee in very large coffee mugs). Also depending on how patient you are, some may find using the filter a bit annoying as it takes a bit for the water to go through the filter.

We found out rather by mistake that the filter *and* the filter holder is easily removable. This is very handy even if you use the filter to say boil a large amount of water, like for a hot water bottle.

It’s possible you could overfill it without the filter in it and leave the filter holder in, but we weren't sure if the filter holder was made to withstand direct heat so initially we would take the filter holder out when boiling a large amount of water.

Now a couple years down the road, it’s got to the stage where we now don’t use the filter that often (and we drink far too much tea and coffee!) so we just use the kettle without the filter and filter holder and surprisingly there hasn't been a build up of limescale like in our previous kettles(?!) I guess over time without a filter, it eventually will.

MASTER Professional Carrom Striker
MASTER Professional Carrom Striker
Offered by Make In India

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice weighted striker, but on the expensive side, 23 May 2016
This review is from: MASTER Professional Carrom Striker
Although the listing pic shows 5 strikers, you only actually get one. The striker itself is well made, and comes in a small case - with an engraved design on one side and polished plain side. It is slightly heavier than the usual free see through striker you get with Carrom peices. I actually prefer the free one over this, although my young daughter likes it, as it is a little heavier, so easier for her to control.

At the time of I bought this, it was priced at £9.24, I felt for what you are getting this is a bit on the expensive side. I would not get again at this price.

Pack of 15 Multicolor Plastic Toss Rings For Speed And Agility Training Games (3.94")
Offered by ujoy

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for ring toss, 23 May 2016
Pastic rings - perfect for ring toss games. One star knocked off for misleading listing - at the time of this writing, the listing shows a small black post with some of the hoops thrown over it. You do not get this with the hoops, it should state this in the listing or in the picture.

Traditional Garden Games Garden Quoits
Traditional Garden Games Garden Quoits

5.0 out of 5 stars Good family fun, 23 May 2016
sturdy boards and pegs. pegs screw in just fine. Have played this indoors and outdoors. The bag in the picture looks bigger than it actually is - it fits the boards and rope, but not much else. Having played with it though, it would be nice to have more than just four rope hoops, we supplemented this game with some cheap plastic small throwing hoops. Daughter loves it.

XtremeAuto® Universal CELSIUS Hi-Back Car Seat Covers in RED & Black Complete with Keyfob
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars so so . . ., 20 May 2016
The pictures on the listing give the product far too much justice - got these to replace a similar one bought at around the same price range couple years back, however the material is nowhere near as nice. Whilst the material is not so good (feels a little cheap), it's okay. Postage was a little slow, but at free p&p can't really complain. The back seats dont have any slots for seatbelts, so unfortunately you will have to cut your own holes, otherwise size was good for nissan micra it was going in.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel 20cm Magic Whisk
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel 20cm Magic Whisk

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gadget - buy two!!, 2 May 2016
excellent little gadget from coffee, gravy to eggs, does it all well, and at a couple of quid you can't go wrong

KFD Portable 12V 2.58A Magnetic UK Plug Power Supply AC Adapter Cord for Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Power Supply Cord
Offered by KFD POWER(Delivery in 3-5 days)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 2 May 2016
Review for the one labelled 'Adapter 1' - the bigger plugged version.

Excellent replacement/spare for the surface pro 3, coming up to third month of use. Main annoyance is the charge light is permanently on, regardless of whether its charging or not, and it doesn't not stick as well as the original charger, so you might find it falls out when moving. Otherwise good bang for buck.

I would be cautious regarding the one marked 'Adapter 3', the more compact plugged version - few bad experiences reported by others on that one?

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent lightweight, rugged hoover, 2 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Review for Philips FC8578/69 Performer Active Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, Pet and Anti-Allergen

Pros: Lightweight, long mains cable, long extendable hose, many attachments included.Rugged build and very maneuverable. Worked well on long cat hair. Cat doesn't seem too bothered with the noise, whereas the Dyson will elicit a quick getaway.

Cons: Requires replacement dust bags. Not as powerful as my old Dyson. Worked better on tile/hard floor than the carpet.

Bottom line: An excellent lightweight, rugged hoover. Whilst it didn't feel as powerful as my Dyson, it was much easier to drag around.

Timex Kids Girl's Quartz Watch with Multi-Colour Dial Time Teacher Display and Pink Textile Strap T7B1514E

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent robust watch, 18 Mar. 2016
I was initially inclined to 4 out of five stars - the watch itself is very small. To get a comparison you can cover the head of a watch with a 50 pence coin. This meant both my wife and myself strained to read the actual 'Past' and 'To' ring (I dont wear glasses to read and consider my vision okay. However my daughter, 8years at time of this review, swears the size is fine and has no problems reading the watch face (we must be getting old!). The To and Past dial means my daughter now loves reading the time - I wish I got this much earlier; since we got this we cant stop her bursting into our room every so often for her to proudly anounce the time. Design of the watch is good, and shatterproof watch lens and 30m water resistance makes for a much hardy watch suitable for kids - ours seems to be able to break anything that is breakable! Our previous digital watches I got my daughter didnt last long, this one looks like it will last longer. Our daughter loves this watch.
Comment Comment | Permalink