Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Sketchbook Challenge, The
Sketchbook Challenge, The
by Sue Bleiweiss

3.0 out of 5 stars Allright, 26 Dec. 2013
I always say that I will start a sketcbook journal. I need motivation, inspiration etc etc. Who wanted to start a journal but never did, will know exactly what I am about. If you expect this book to give you the push you need, you'd be dissapointed. It didn't. But it's a good source of inspiration, especially if you're into mixed media stuff (which I am not)

Marking Time (The Immortal Descendants, Book 1)
Marking Time (The Immortal Descendants, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend it, 26 Dec. 2013
This is one of the rare books (I am talking based only of I have on my Kindle, of course) that actually feels like a proper novel. At times, I was surprised to see I am only at the half of it! April White definetely took her time getting to know the main character and the ones surrounding her, which makes us to love her throughout the book. It's a well written plot, with some foggy parts (for example, the murdering of the Council - pretty flimsy and too close to the Games of Thrones (which I don't watch so forgive me if I am mistaken) with a shaky motivation) but it will keep you hooked up to the very end.
Many years ago, a teacher told me that a book is as good as its ending. Maybe that's why so many of these self published book (I honestly don't know in which category this one falls) fail exactly at the end. This one does not exactly fails, but leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I believe in letting the reader guessing, but not when it comes to the plot.
Nevertheless, this book in now in my top 5 of Kindle

Moshi Monsters Originals Ultimate Collection
Moshi Monsters Originals Ultimate Collection
Offered by BASE1_Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Apparently, rare items, 26 Dec. 2013
As you can imagine, I know nothing about moshi monsters - well, nothing else than the fact that my kid is obsessed with them. So I was really pleased when she told me she has in her box more rare figurines than in any box she ever had. 1-0 for me.

Moshi Monsters: The Movie: The Great Moshling Egg
Moshi Monsters: The Movie: The Great Moshling Egg

3.0 out of 5 stars My bad, 26 Dec. 2013
I was expecting a DVD, not a book, but I realized it was my mistake. I was dissapointed nevertheless. But the kid loved it so I guess it served its purpose

Three Girls and a Baby
Three Girls and a Baby

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 26 Dec. 2013
A classic chick-lit with a previsible ending which makes it even more lovable. But was it just me that found it a bit on the short side?

Pentel XGFKP/FP10-A Brush Pen and Two Refills, Black Ink
Pentel XGFKP/FP10-A Brush Pen and Two Refills, Black Ink

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous find, 26 Dec. 2013
They are versatile, I actually made my Christmas cards with them - from drawing to caligraphy. The best part is that it holds like a pen, but it draws like a brush, incredibly smooth and pitch black, continuous flow of ink. The worse part is it doesn't do to try to erase the pencil underneath - it smudges the ink (when dry) and discoloured it. But I would recommend it to anyone dabbing with art

Derwent Pencil Extenders Blister Pack for use with 7mm and 8mm Diameter Pencils, Screw Fitting and Soft Touch Coating (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Dec. 2013
Derwent is yet to dissapoint me. These extenders are a must have for anyone who uses pencils on daily basis - no matter if for accounts or art. I have mine on a less than half an inch pencils and my only problem is that I can't sharpen them anymore with my mechanical sharpener.

Time Split
Time Split

3.0 out of 5 stars More a novella than novel, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Time Split (Kindle Edition)
I digest more time travel books than the regular Jane. Initially, I would eat up anything, just tyhe story of time travel was enough to keep me satiated up to the next one. Now I am getting picky. I want a good story too. This one was good, but not much dwelling on from the author, if you know what I mean. All the characters, the story were just 'fluffed' over a bit to get you started, but not dug into it. It's a good story, but the fact she didn't bother to talk to us a bit more about the environment, characters, motivations etc made it just about enough for a novella. I would read the novel ;)

Women's Winter Knit Crochet Leg Warmers Legging 5 Colors (Light Grey)
Women's Winter Knit Crochet Leg Warmers Legging 5 Colors (Light Grey)
Offered by Sanwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 26 Dec. 2013
They are exactly what I wanted - chunky patterns with soft feel, trully trendy leg warmers - highly recommended. And for just under 4 pounds? A dream

Colour Shaper Soft Ivory Tip Pastel Blending Set - Wallet of 4 (Size 2)
Colour Shaper Soft Ivory Tip Pastel Blending Set - Wallet of 4 (Size 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars For pastel only, 26 Dec. 2013
I read (somewhere else on the net) before buying it, that it works ok for coloured pencils too. It does not. If you're not using a really chalky pencils that leave a ton of dust when drawing, these are useless. For pastels, they are indeed a good choice, they blend the colours beautifully, ' as it says on the box'. Unfortunatelly, I don't use pastels more than 1% in my artwork - hence just 3 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5