Profile for Silver > Reviews

Casio MS8S Desk Top Calculator
Casio MS8S Desk Top Calculator
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Feb 2014
This calculator is simple to use and works well. The readout is also large enough for an old baby boomer like me to be able to read it easily. For the price it's a really good buy.

Yamaha MCRB142 Micro Component System - Black (Wireless Bluetooth, Digital Docking, USB Intelli Alarm)
Price: 286.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but...., 24 Feb 2014
I received one of these for Christmas and was originally very happy with it. The sound is fabulous and the Dab radio reception excellent. Only recently, two months after Christmas, have problems arisen. That is it sometimes refuses to eject disks! Until last week I found that repeatedly pushing the eject button did eventually result in the disk coming out. But last week I had a disk which simply wouldn't. Luckily I've got a friend who's an electrician and he took the machine apart and managed to get the disk out. But this has spoiled my enjoyment as I always wonder whether the machine may eat another disk! No fault was found with the disk or player, but I'm sure this is a weakness in what is otherwise a great mini hi fi.

Westland Earth Matters Ready to Use Natural Insecticide 1 Litre
Westland Earth Matters Ready to Use Natural Insecticide 1 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 17 Feb 2014
This product worked OK but its only worth buying if you've not got too many plants to treat. It works well but we used it on our allotment and it didn't last long or go very far, which made it quite expensive to use. If you've a large number of plants to treat you'd do better to buy a sprayer and a bottle of something to mix with water.

Helly Hansen Men's HH Warm Ice Crew Thermal Baselayer Top - Espresso, X-Large
Helly Hansen Men's HH Warm Ice Crew Thermal Baselayer Top - Espresso, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Feb 2014
I bought this last summer ready for use this winter and I've found it to be brilliant. Even though we've not had much freezing weather this winter, its kept me warm and cosy during the day, even outside. You can also wear them for a couple of weeks without stinking. If you buy two, as I did, you'll be able to stay toasty warm all winter.

Silver plate torque necklace choker hammered 6mm fairtrade hand made in Mexico
Silver plate torque necklace choker hammered 6mm fairtrade hand made in Mexico

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice necklace, 17 Feb 2014
I bought this for my wife as a small stocking filler last Christmas. She likes it but says its not something you can wear every day with every outfit as its quite wide and not too discreet. Great if you want something others will notice.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working, 17 Feb 2014
I gave this product four stars because I don't really know how to rate it. We put strips round the apple trees on our allotment last October. I'm not exactly sure whether we'll know if it's worked or not. But it's cheap enough so it's worth getting just in case, we used it on four trees and there's enough left to do them all again next spring.

Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 Black (Retail Packaging)
Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 Black (Retail Packaging)
Price: 9.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Good keyboard, 17 Feb 2014
I bought this keyboard to replace the one I got with my new HP Envy, which was cordless and seemed as fragile as an eggshell. This is great as it's simple to use, sturdily made and plugs into any USB port, has all the features you could want and doesn't require batteries. The HP computer is great but Microsoft makes the better keyboard. Can recommend.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 3000 Three-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Price: 40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 17 Feb 2014
As a family we've tried other types of electric tooth brush but Braun Oral-B has always been the best. This model replaces an Oral-B we've had for about 5 years and which was refusing to hold a charge anymore. We had no intention of buying another brand as these brushes are great value. The replacement brushes can be a bit pricey but if you put generic Oral-B replacement brush into Amazon, I can guarantee they work just as well at a fraction of the price. So great brushes and cheap brush replacements available too!

Samsung Slim Retail External DVD Writer - Red
Samsung Slim Retail External DVD Writer - Red
Offered by Comtronics
Price: 21.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 3 Jan 2014
I was pretty pi**ed off when I saw this on Amazon because I recently bought one in PC World and paid 34 for it! But it works well and has done all I've asked of it. I can recommend it but NOT from PC World.

Yamaha MCRB142 Micro Component System - Dark Grey (Wireless Bluetooth, Digital Docking, USB Intelli Alarm)
Price: 307.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 27 Dec 2013
I was fortunate enough to receive a Yamaha MCRB 142 as a Christmas present and I'm over the moon with it. I work in my home office regularly and always have music playing in the background. Over the years I've put hundreds of albums onto CD's in MP3 format and have needed a player to play them. The last machine I had was a Sony which was as fragile as an egg shell and the sound weak and insipid. I always hated it but couldn't justify throwing it out until it failed.
Now I don't have to worry because this wonderful little player makes my music sound as if its coming from massive speakers and the tone is beautiful. I also love Jazz FM on the radio and this digital station sounds better than I've ever heard it.
I could go on for ages singing the praises of this player. I don't have an iplayer so I can't say whether the docking station works as well as the CD and radio, but I can't imagine it won't. In fact, although I'm old, I may now get an iplayer just to try it out.
Great player, great sound, fits on a bookshelf, looks smart and is solidly built. Better than the Bose we've got in our dining room. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18