Profile for Bookworm > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Horrid Henry and the Abominable Snowman: Bk. 14
Horrid Henry and the Abominable Snowman: Bk. 14
by Francesca Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrid Henry - Everyone's favourite horrible child., 29 Mar. 2008
We all love Horrid Henry in our house. My 7 year old son has got all the books in the series now including this one and we can totally relate to all of the scrapes that Henry gets himself into! We also have to watch that he doesn't behave like Henry. The books are well-written and Francesca Simon has created a marvellous character who is naughty, but you can't help liking him at the same time. The stories are packed full of humour and keep both boys and girls interested with real life scenarios, sibling rivalry and jealousy. We eagerly await each new Horrid Henry story in our house as we know we will always be in for a treat. Thoroughly recommended!

Shaun the Sheep - Saturday Night Shaun [DVD]
Shaun the Sheep - Saturday Night Shaun [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Goleszowski
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all the family!, 29 Mar. 2008
The Shaun the Sheep programmes are the best children's programmes I have seen in a long time. They appeal to all the family, adults included! My husband was sat with tears of laughter pouring down his face! This DVD is the funniest so far, especially in the episode when the sheep hold a disco. My children think all the characters are hilarious and they love the sheep trying to outwit the farmer. We can't wait for more Shaun the Sheep DVDs to be released, they're brilliantly entertaining.

Secret Diary of a Demented Housewife
Secret Diary of a Demented Housewife
by Niamh Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I have ever read!, 29 Mar. 2008
As my title suggests, I could not stop laughing from start to finish. If you are reading these reviews, please ignore the negative ones, those reviewers need to get a life and a sense of humour. Can't they understand it isn't that kind of book, we all need a good laugh and some escapism in life!I can't wait for the follow up to be published! Although I am not as scatty as Susie, I can totally relate to her experiences. One only happened last week when I ordered some craft items from the Internet (well within the timescale too!) only for them to turn up the day after I needed them! Lots of other experiences in the book make this the best read I have had in years. Lots more please, Niamh Greene.

Mr Bean - Live Action [DVD] [1990]
Mr Bean - Live Action [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Rowan Atkinson
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr Bean- a star!, 15 Nov. 2005
This is the first DVD I have rented from Amazon and what a brilliant choice! I loved the original TV series, as it was on TV when I was at university. Mr Bean reminded me of one of my tutors! I'm sure everyone knows a Mr Bean out there! I think Rowan Atkinson plays Mr Bean so well, that he doesn't even have to speak much, it is all in the facial expressions and the mannerisms. My two children aged 8 and 5 love the Mr Bean film so I was itching to borrow this to let them see even more of Mr Bean's antics. The only downside was that there were only 3 episodes on the DVD, can't wait to find the one when Mr Bean goes to the swimming pool!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5