Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Buche Wurm" (Southampton, UK)

Stolen Voices
Stolen Voices

5.0 out of 5 stars The Survivor's Guide., 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Stolen Voices (Kindle Edition)
Being a victim, along with my three brothers and my sister, of physical and mental abuse, I found this a very hard read. Even so, once into the first few chapters, the awful story became addictive. I needed to get to the end to find out what happened. The authors' resilience is a wonder and heartening to see. I found myself asking if the modern approach of listening to the child would have been more productive given reluctance all round to take action on disclosure.

Komputerbay 2GB 2X 1GB DDR2 667MHz PC2-5300 PC2-5400 DDR2 667 (200 PIN) SODIMM Laptop-Speicher
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars SDRAM, 1 Oct. 2013
Thank you for your rapid response and delivery. I had to double check that the item was the right one and was very relieved that it was correct and worked straight away!

ONX3® Samsung Galaxy S5 Brown PU Leather Pull Tab Protective Pouch Case
ONX3® Samsung Galaxy S5 Brown PU Leather Pull Tab Protective Pouch Case
Offered by ONX3

3.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy case, 24 Aug. 2013
Its a bit misleading to describe the item as leather as well as PU. I only saw leather so was surprised to receive a plastic one. Even so, it does the job and was delivered quickly at a bargain price.

Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism: A Bishop Rethinks the Meaning of Scripture
by John Shelby Spong

5.0 out of 5 stars Shelby Spong, 28 May 2013
This book and its author will be hated and scorned by evangelicals and catholics alike. However it is very much needed to balance the one-sided debate on "inerrancy". Christians really shouldn't stay wilfully ignorant about the formation of the bible. If you feel the need to break out of the claustrophobic limitations of reformed doctrine, this is a good start.

Das Kapital - Capital: Best Online Edition
Das Kapital - Capital: Best Online Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars phone trouble, 22 Mar. 2013
Recently updated Android. Big mistake! It virtually disabled my phone. Consequently, when I tried to download Das Kapital it indicated that it had but I couldn't get it to come up in the Kindle app. Now I'm stuck.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2013 1:07 AM BST

Servicing the Cocks of Strangers (Daddy's Tails, Los Lobos Tails Book 2)
Servicing the Cocks of Strangers (Daddy's Tails, Los Lobos Tails Book 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars putrid, 20 July 2012
This story is astonishingly badly written. It panders to all the sorry old stereotypes about females. Don't waste your time.

The Book On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are (Abacus Books)
The Book On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are (Abacus Books)
by Alan Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosmic Comedy, 2 April 2007
I first came across this book when my sister-in-law handed it to me with the strict injunction to be sure to give it back. That was about 15 years ago. I just can't bear the thought of parting with it! I live in hope that she will not remember that I have it. However, as it is still available from Amazon, I might be persuaded to return it when I've replaced it.....

Alan Watts has written a classic on"being" from the Hindu point of view, but with an added twist of Western science. Although it was first published in 1969 the message is still as relevant now as it was back in the heady days of Haight-Ashbury. In fact, more so, as we have moved so far down the road to a kind of pathological individualism.

Never was there a time when materialists have needed to break down the barriers between their carefully insulated selves and the rest of the universe. Buy it if you can - its pure joy.