Profile for Tillie > Reviews

Content by Tillie

Tillie "catlover" (uk)

The Ghost House (The Annie Graham series - Book 1)
The Ghost House (The Annie Graham series - Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 8 April 2015
Rarely have I found a writer who can match Mary Higgins Clark for leaving me wanting to read more of their books, but Helen Phifer has done that! I found it hard to put this book down and was sorry when I finished it. But shall now buy her next one.

Hiding the Past (The Forensic Genealogist series Book 1)
Hiding the Past (The Forensic Genealogist series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 30 Mar. 2014
Enjoyed this book. An easy read but one which held my attention throughout. A clever plot with twists and turns.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 9:20 PM BST

TuneIn Radio
TuneIn Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars TuneIn Radio, 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: TuneIn Radio (App)
This free app is absolutely fantastic! I cannot believe the number of radio stations that I now have free access to - even though I am not in their catchment area.

I cannot recommend this app highly enough.

Disappear
Disappear

5.0 out of 5 stars Disappear, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Disappear (Kindle Edition)
A gripping read! I found it hard to put this book down. The author has cleverly woven several plots into an excellent novel.

Murder Behind the Scenes: A Victorian Mystery
Murder Behind the Scenes: A Victorian Mystery

3.0 out of 5 stars Murder behind the scenes, 20 Jun. 2013
I almost gave up on this book as I found the first half unexciting. But I hate not finishing books so I persevered and quite enjoyed the rest

of it. Can't complain for 77p.

The Whitechapel Murder Mystery
The Whitechapel Murder Mystery

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable, 15 Jun. 2013
Like so.many others, I have always been fascinated by theories about the Jack The Ripper murders. So I couldn't resist this book. I wasn't disappointed. The plot the author has created is intriguing and makes for a very enjoyable read.

A Dreadful Murder: The Mysterious Death of Caroline Luard (Quick Reads 2013)
A Dreadful Murder: The Mysterious Death of Caroline Luard (Quick Reads 2013)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 7 Jun. 2013
My first Minette Walters book and it won't be my last. I enjoyed this book. An easy read. Can recommend it.

Poisoned by His Love: A Psycological Thriller
Poisoned by His Love: A Psycological Thriller

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 7 Jun. 2013
Two stars for effort. Never have I read a book with such bad grammar! It spoiled any enjoyment I might have had from this book.

The Musical Milkman Murder - In the idyllic country village used to film Midsomer Murders, it was the real-life murder story that shocked 1920 Britain

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy read, 6 Jun. 2013
Had high hopes for this book but was disappointed. But it is an easy read and a good book if you don't want to concentrate too hard on the plot.

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 6 Jun. 2013
I can't remember when I was so engrossed in a book! It is a fascinating story. Well written. And with a happy ending. And I have no hesitation in recommending this book. I shall be buying the paperback edition for a friend who was herself adopted.