Profile for Jonah > Reviews

Jonah

Bodies (Big Ideas)
Bodies (Big Ideas)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodies (Big Ideas), 8 Nov. 2012
This is a very well written book and an excellent introduction to body studies. Although written from a feminist perspective this is very accessible for anybody who has an interest in corporeality. An issue with the Kindle edition is that there is a clipping limit which means that I didn't get a load of my highlights in My Clippings file. This has been done for copyright reasons but the Kindle does not tell you that it's stopped copying to the clippings file so I did not find out until after I had finished reading the whole book.

Samsung N145 Plus 10.1 inch Netbook - Black (Intel Atom N455 1.66GHz, RAM 1GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, WLAN, Webcam,  Windows 7 Starter)
Samsung N145 Plus 10.1 inch Netbook - Black (Intel Atom N455 1.66GHz, RAM 1GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter)

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung N145, 3 May 2012

Bought this netbook as a replacement for my Samsung N110 after I spilt a cup of coffee on it and was initially disappointed. Despite being newer and running Win 7 (or maybe because of Win 7) it ran slower than the previous netbook that I had. However, after reading some other reviews they suggested putting the 2GB memory stick in it to improve performance and I couldn't agree more. After I had done this and changed the power settings so that the CPU always ran at optimal performance (again, I would really suggest doing this) I was much happier with it. It's a netbook so it's never going to set the world alight but I bought it mainly for word processing, web browsing, and occasional watching of videos, and it does all these tasks perfectly fine. The long battery life is a definite plus and it is very good value for money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 13, 2012 12:11 PM BST