Profile for Revelation > Reviews

Sanitary Bin Grey Compact 15 Litre Pedal Operated
Offered by easy HYGIENE
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value basic bin, 20 May 2013
Narrow - fits nicely in the space next to the loo. Simple and easy to clean. Good value for sanitary bin.

We Bow Down
We Bow Down

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version, 20 May 2013
This review is from: We Bow Down (MP3 Download)
So many versions are overcooked - far from bowing down they seem intent on lifting themselves up above the Lord of whom they sing. This version is beautiful - gentle and powerful - perfect for quiet times of meditation.

The Prayer
The Prayer
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfully sung, 20 May 2013
This review is from: The Prayer (MP3 Download)
Great for meditation. He has a powerful but gentle voice on this one. Lets the words speak rather than taking over the song.

Amazing Grace
Amazing Grace
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The old ones are still the best, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Amazing Grace (MP3 Download)
Listened to loads of versions - most with much too much emphasis on the singer's warbling abilities and not enough on the sincerity and power of the words. Went to listen to this with not a great deal of hope and found the simplicity of it absolutely perfect. Beautiful song and able to be sung along with too.

Power Evangelism
Power Evangelism
by Wimber John

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 18 April 2011
This review is from: Power Evangelism (Paperback)
I was not sure what to expect from this book, but it was very informative - not just principles or even the authors experience of miracles which I expected and much appreciated, but an excellent summary of recorded miracles throughout history. Had always thought Wesley was of the Calvinistic school when it came to miracles (should have listened more closely in school). Fascinating and a really good read.

Receive Power
Receive Power
by David Petts

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful little booklet., 29 Jan 2011
This review is from: Receive Power (Paperback)
Excellent summary book on the Holy Spirit. Good explanations of why different opinions exist, and soundly based in scripture. Easy to read, and worth having a number of copies in every church.

Wonderful Spirit-Filled Life TP
Wonderful Spirit-Filled Life TP
by CHARLES STANLEY
Price: 10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for every Christian struggling with living in victory, 29 Jan 2011
I only chose this book because of the title, but was impressed by the simplicity of the message. As a minister myself I am aware of the damage done by those who have been taught that the Holy Spirit ceased miracles and signs after Pentecost, but also realise how few new christians really understand His role today. At many times I was brought to tears and praise in thanks for sending His Holy Spirit to us.

Stanley explains simply and thoroughly. He uses the scriptures as the basis for his conclusions at all times. For new christians this book is a must, so they are in no doubt as to the importance of the role of the Holy Spirit in their own lives. I have ordered several copies more and will make sure that all our members have a chance to read it to underpin our teaching. I know it is not a new book, but have not come across a better.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Book of Revelation (Complete Idiot's Guides (Lifestyle Paperback))
by James S. Bell Jr.
Price: 11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Idiots guide but everything in one place, 2 Dec 2010
I hadn't really got high hopes of this as I have very detailed commentaries and had searched the net and done my own research on different theories, but it was concise and easy to follow and the summaries at the end of each chapter made the sequencing understandable.

Perhaps a bit more on the most prevalent theory about the EU being the antichrist would have helped (how and why they get to this). But overall an excellent book for anyone finding Revelations hard going (not just complete idiots).

I believe in Jesus
I believe in Jesus
Price: 0.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice sing along, 4 Aug 2010
This review is from: I believe in Jesus (MP3 Download)
Nice sing a long version for the car. Chorus sits oddly so makes it more a christian song but not a worship song.