Profile for Smiles > Reviews

Smiles

Page: 1 | 2
A Pocket Dictionary, Welsh-English
A Pocket Dictionary, Welsh-English

1.0 out of 5 stars Only 77p but I wish I'd listened to the reviews!, 2 Jun. 2014
Simply put, don't buy this.

Don't buy this for your Kindle thinking you'll be able to fox the ridiculous layout by using the search function to search for words! I downloaded a sample and was able to use the search to search for a word so I thought I'd overlook the layout and buy it anyway but our dear author has been canny and indexed the sample but not the whole book, taking this dictionary from practically useless to utterly useless... neu hollol anobeithiol ;)

Dewch ymlaen Amazon, rydyn ni eisiau geiriadur Cymraeg Kindle!!!!

Wool (Wool Trilogy)
Wool (Wool Trilogy)
by Hugh Howey

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked by the 2nd Page, 16 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Wool (Wool Trilogy) (Paperback)
I loved this book, I was hooked by the 2nd page and I read my way through the entire trilogy in record breaking speed, only to be disappointed that it had to come to an end.

I guess you could call it Science Fiction, but every part of this story feels not only feasible, but frighteningly possible, so definitely readable even if you don't like the SciFi genre.

I have recommended it to several people who have all been equally hooked. So in a word - Brilliant.

Mesh Cutlery Tray-Large-Silver
Mesh Cutlery Tray-Large-Silver
Offered by homeArama

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a cutlery tray!, 16 Dec. 2013
Big, shiny, lots of compartments - what can I say? It does a great job at being a Large Silver Mesh Cutlery Tray, which is exactly what I wanted when I bought it!

A bit of anti-slip matting on the base and this would be a 5 star product, because without it it does tend to slide around in the draw a bit - not the end of the world I know, but a tiny inconvenience all the same!

GAMAGO Fingerstache
GAMAGO Fingerstache

2.0 out of 5 stars Good fun but wears off very quickly, 16 Dec. 2013
I bought these for myself and some friends who were doing the MoRun in Cardiff - back up in case our mo's fell off with all the exertion (which mine did!).

On the plus side, they're fun, easy to apply and there's some great mo's to choose from.

On the downside, I put mine on before the 1hr drive to Cardiff, and by the time I got there it had already worn off quite a bit. Either I've got a wrinklier index finger than most or these are better in concept than they are in practice.

So if you are going to go for these either put them on your face (there's committment!) or don't bend your finger until the joke's over.

Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3) (Wool Trilogy Series)
Dust: (Wool Trilogy 3) (Wool Trilogy Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 25 Oct. 2013
I was hooked from the very first page, and it kept on delivering right up until the last page of the last book.

If you're not a fan of science fiction don't let that put you off. The 'science' in this work of fiction is minimal and incredibly realistic - I found it uncomfortably easy to imagine that this, or something like it, could actually happen in our world.

The Wool Trilogy manages to be moving and thought provoking but a good, easy read at the same time. I loved it.

Fisher-Price Learning Piggy Bank
Fisher-Price Learning Piggy Bank
Offered by Swift Stock

5.0 out of 5 stars Every now and then you strike gold and get a toy they actually play with - this is one of them!, 1 April 2013
Every now and then as a parent you strike gold and buy a present for your little ones that they actually love playing with! The Fisher-Price Learning Piggy Bank is one of them. This is a lovely little toy with 10 big bright discs that young ones post into the top of the piggy. The piggy either plays a tune or counts when a 'coin' is inserted, depending on the setting (no really annoying sound effects, and nothing too loud either). There's a door on the side of the piggy so they can get the coins out again.

I bought this for my 1 year old and with a few days practice (and plently of help from my 2 1/2 yr old and my 5 1/2 year old sons, who also love this toy!) he mastered getting the coins into the slot. Now he will happily sit playing with it for 20 or 30 minutes at a time which is amazing - he really engages with it.

I wanted to write this review because I think this toy looks fairly basic in the box, so the price makes it seem fairly expensive. But from my experience, the amount of play-time this toy gets from all my children compared to so many other toys we have bought in the past, makes this toy exceptionally good value. Buy it!

LeapFrog My Discovery House
LeapFrog My Discovery House
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, lovely baby toy, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Discovery House (Toy)
This is a lovely toy with loads going on. There's different sound effects and activities on each sound, which change dependent upon whether you've selected 'day or night'. My baby spends ages playing with this toy, and my elder sons really love it too. And it's got British voices - yay!!!

Moshi Monsters Ultimate Sticker Collection (Ultimate Stickers)
Moshi Monsters Ultimate Sticker Collection (Ultimate Stickers)
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 4 Mar. 2013
This is a really great sticker book. Loads and loads of stickers, and plenty of extra ones for your little ones to put on their bed (or windows, wood floor, walls, in their hair etc. etc. if they're anything like mine!!!)

The stickers are reusable to an extent, and there are a couple of scene pages where children can make their own scenes with the spare stickers. There's duplicates of most of the main stickers, and the actual sticker pages are laid out really nicely, with funny blurb about each sticker and a colourful outline to give the child a clue as to what sticker goes where. My boys got this for Christmas this year, and they do a little almost every day and it's still going strong with several more pages left to be done.

Good value and lasting entertainment for Moshi fans.

Melissa & Doug 13784 Basic Skills Board
Melissa & Doug 13784 Basic Skills Board

5.0 out of 5 stars Another lovely Melissa & Doug toy, 4 Mar. 2013
I love, love, love Melissa & Doug!

This basic skills board is absolutely brilliant. It is beautifully made with a bright painted hardwearing surface and a good thick board. Each of the 6 'skills' pieces comes out so that the whole thing is like a puzzle. There is a large button and buttonhole - very durable stitching on the button and excellent quality thick cord fabric, there is a popper, laces, zip, belt buckle and a plastic clasp/buckle like a car seat buckle. It's a lovely toy and all my boys love it, from age 1 to 5 1/2.

We have quite a few Melissa & Doug toys and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Whitakers Foiled Rose and Violet Cremes 200 g (Pack of 3)
Whitakers Foiled Rose and Violet Cremes 200 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, 4 Mar. 2013
These remind me of mint fondant lozenges, not of the lovely rose and violet creams that I had in mind. They were nice enough, and plenty of them, but I wouldn't buy them again.

Page: 1 | 2