Profile for lucica_r > Reviews

lucica_r (London)

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating SF book, 25 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
First sentence made me wonder about the book, but as pages went by it became a page turner, just couldn't let it go. The main character became more and more fascinating, the story really enveloped me and I almost felt like I was leaving his struggle. Very entertaining and fun reading.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange, funny and engaging, 25 Feb. 2013
I had no idea what to expect from the book, but good reviews and good price convinced me to give it a try. It was excellent reading, a page turner really, full of unexpected and hilarious turns of events.

Intex Khaki Queen Airbed 2-in-1 - 66754
Intex Khaki Queen Airbed 2-in-1 - 66754

5.0 out of 5 stars great value for money, 13 April 2012
This is very confortable and easily accomodate 4 people by splitting it in 2. However you need to buy a separate pump to inflate it. Also it doesn't occupy too much space when folded.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars great for occasional use, 13 April 2012
I bought these for one time use, since they looked really good and were so cheap. I have to say I was impressed with the looks and confort once I had them on. I don't know how they would hold for longer use, but for occassional use I think they are gorgeous and very confortable to walk in and dance.

Philips Lumea SC2001/00 IPL Hair Removal
Philips Lumea SC2001/00 IPL Hair Removal
Offered by Hot Deals 4 Less

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 13 April 2012
I have been using this product for 6 months and I am 99% hair free underarms and on my arms and 90% on legs. This is much better than I expected having read some of the other reviews. I have light skin and dark hair (had plenty of it) so this may have helped. I have used it every 2-3 weeks, but lately I reduced it to 4 weeks for legs and it holds well. Indeed 90% is less than ideal, but for the price and confort of use, I consider this excellent outcome. And I suspect that most of the hair left is due to lack of full coverage during application, as it can be challenging to keep track of areas covered. It takes only a few minutes for underarms and about 15 minutes for each half-leg, with charging required in between. I don't find this extremely bothering, as I can easily keep myself busy with other things while charging. I sometimes do this over 2 evenings while listening to the evening news. This process is painless and clean, so infinetely superior to all other means of hair removal (leaving the expensive permanent laser aside), and the great thing is you avoid all the disconfort that comes with regrowth after shaving or waxing. For me this was money well spent and a great stress relief. And now I see it is even cheaper than 6 months ago. If you have the right type of skin and hair, go for it!

Teach Yourself Complete Norwegian (TY Complete Courses) [Including double CD]
Teach Yourself Complete Norwegian (TY Complete Courses) [Including double CD]
by Margaretha Danbolt-Simons
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to get you started in Norsk, 13 April 2012
This book is very well structured for a beginner and quite pleasant to work with (follows a story all along). The grammar lessons and vocabulary are perfect for getting you started, building confidence and raising an interest in learning more. Excellent book for self learning, it makes Norwegian seem so easy (at least for English speakers)! The CD is a really valuable addition and explains well the pronunciation.