Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Nathan > Reviews

Content by Nathan

Nathan

Call Me Dave: The Unauthorised Biography of David Cameron
Call Me Dave: The Unauthorised Biography of David Cameron
by Michael Ashcroft

5.0 out of 5 stars Well researched & balanced account of Cameron, 18 Nov. 2015
I was eager to buy this after its serialisation in the Daily Mail but was unsure whether it would be a good account as it struck me as a bit of a revenge job or just some kind playful project with Lord Ashcroft holding a bit of a grudge against the Prine Minister. However I really enjoyed it & found it to be a very balanced, informative read. It was fascinating to read about the Prime Minister's time in office & how the coalition worked. Well researched, fascinating read.

Following Farage: On the Trail of the People's Army
Following Farage: On the Trail of the People's Army
by Owen Bennett

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, fun and enjoyable read, 6 Aug. 2015
What a great read.

I love the anecdotes, talks with some of the party's most prominent figures and the diary-style element to it. The author's journey as a journalist perfectly intertwines with the story of UKIP. You get an insight into how politics functions for those that do the politics and those that report on it. It challenges the perception that politics isn't fun! Overall - funny, insightful and very genuine (great that the author gives it a personal touch with his own life on the road).

ALEX FERGUSON My Autobiography
ALEX FERGUSON My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Oct. 2013
I'm not a Man Utd fan but I still thoroughly enjoyed reading this.
I can't understand the moaning and groaning on his words on Beckham and Keane. Personally, I think it was important for those to be explained rather than him just stating successes.
Particularly I enjoyed what he had to say on transfers and his detail on his failures in the past couple of Champions League finals.
However I would have liked to have read a chapter on his thoughts on the state of the current game, i.e. the FA, academy football.
I have always admired him and this doesn't tarnish his legacy. To me from the book, he comes across as a loyal man (particularly to his staff) and a very meticulous footballing man.
Regardless of your team, I would recommend it.
Hats off to him for his achievements, I wonder if they'll ever be replicated.

Court Confidential: Inside The World Of Tennis
Court Confidential: Inside The World Of Tennis
by Neil Harman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Insight, 30 Jun. 2013
This really is a fantastic insight into the past twelve months of tennis, from a man who follows the sport all year round. The respect he has from the players is brilliant too. I'd fully recommend it to any tennis fan. A great account of the sport, along with what goes on as the Tour travels around the world.