Profile for maykidd > Reviews

The Swallow, the Owl and the Sandpiper: Words of Courage, Wisdom and Spirit
The Swallow, the Owl and the Sandpiper: Words of Courage, Wisdom and Spirit
by Rodger McPhail

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely qualities of the birds., 6 Jan. 2016
I belong to poetry reading group when each week we consider a different topic and bring relevant poems. this book is a great source of poems covering many topics. i keep it at my bedside and when wakeful ,instead of reading my current book which can keep me awake, I dip into this book.

The Professor of Truth
The Professor of Truth

5.0 out of 5 stars what is truth?, 6 Jan. 2016
James Robertson is an excellent author and I thought this book was superb. I am going to recommend it to my chuch book club as I think it gives great opportunities to discuss grief, justice. political chicanery and forgiveness.

The Dandelion Years
The Dandelion Years

5.0 out of 5 stars more than a 'Romance', 6 Jan. 2016
I had not read books by Erica James. Although considered a romance it was very informative and well written. most interesting about Bletchley Park.enjoyed it so much added two other books by her onto my kindle

Offshore: a short story collection
Offshore: a short story collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Meeting old friends, 27 Aug. 2015
Not normally a lover of short stories but as a great lover of Ann Cleeves decided to try it. Very good. Interesting twists. Jimmy Perez, Vera and Willow are favourite literary characters of mine. I am looking forward to hearing Ann Cleeves at a 'Meet the Author' evening in Largs, part of Tidelines.

The Eagle of Spinalonga
The Eagle of Spinalonga

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever contrast of sadness lightened by some happiness, 23 Feb. 2015
I had visited Spinalonga and read The Island by Victoria Hislop so interested to read The Eagle of Spinalonga. Less factual than The Island but an interesting story - more like a romance despite the tragic circumstances portrayed.

The Peacock Emporium
The Peacock Emporium

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 25 Jan. 2015
This book did not arrive on my kindle. Can you find out why please ?

Who In Hell Is Wanda Fuca? (A Leo Waterman Mystery)
Who In Hell Is Wanda Fuca? (A Leo Waterman Mystery)

2.0 out of 5 stars My wrong choice, 25 April 2014
Using facility of Kindle to try different authors. This was not to my taste but I know he has a faithful following

Cast In Stone (A Leo Waterman Mystery)
Cast In Stone (A Leo Waterman Mystery)

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong choice, 25 April 2014
Trying a different crime author but did not find this to my liking. Prefer Peter May, Ann Cleeves. etc. Beauty of |Kindle one can try different authors

Daily Office
Daily Office

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful thoughts, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Daily Office (Kindle Edition)
I was going on holiday and wanted to travel light so put this onto my Kindle thus reducing weight in my luggage. So much to think about. Liked the format of silence, scripture reading, thoughts, prayer then silence again.

Stations of the Cross: A Devotion Using the "Revelations of Devine Love" of Julian of Norwich
by Sheila Upjohn

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Special, 25 April 2014
I had been to my local church during Lent when different versions of the Stations of the Cross were used and found this one especially wonderful. Julian of Norwich was a remarkable woman and Sheila Upjohn enhanced her thoughts so well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6