Profile for Mike Irving > Reviews

Content by Mike Irving

Mike Irving (Carlisle UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Roll
Roll

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had hoped for, 13 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Roll (Audio CD)
Some time ago Bob Harris played a couple of tracks from this CD. As it was available at a reasonable price I thought I'd take a chance and give it a try. Turns out he'd played the best two tracks. OK, there were a couple of others I liked but 4 out 13 isn't good enough

The Last Jihad: A Novel
The Last Jihad: A Novel
by Joel C. Rosenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 13 Aug. 2013
Only discovered this author about six months ago.....what a find ! A recent visit to the Holy land reinforced my interest in the region and it's politics [and it's many problems] so....to read about the sort of things that "could be" really took hold of my imagination ! Thank goodness it's fiction. If you like "a gripping read" I highly recommend it. In another review I commented on "The Last Days" and said that I intended to get hold of his other Middle East novels, well, I've ordered them [thro Amazon, of course].

The Last Days
The Last Days
by Joel C. Rosenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Wot a great read, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Last Days (Hardcover)
This guy's knowledge, imagination, especially of Middle East politics and his brilliant writing skills make for one of the best "reads" for a long time. I got thro it within 24 hours.[for me thats FAST]. Very highly recommended. Now to get hold of his other books.

Live At The Aladdin
Live At The Aladdin
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Live - at his best, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Live At The Aladdin (Audio CD)
I'm filling up my collection [of the stuff i like] by Rick. His best period, in my opinion, was when he had the Stone Canyon Band as his backing outfit...I especially approved of Tom Brumley [on steel] so this comes highly recommended by me. Good songs...good singer...good band...good buy.

Nelson Rick - Country Music
Nelson Rick - Country Music

4.0 out of 5 stars Two for one, 12 Aug. 2013
I owned these two on L.Ps [remember them?] some years ago but sold them. Recently, finding both on one I thought I'd put them back into my collection...good decision especially as there is a good selection of "Country and Western" material well performed and sung. I only ever had one critisism....that being the lack of "fiddle and steel" in the backing band, an electric dobro doesn't quite provide full authenticity.

Their Greatest Hits [1971-1975] [International Release]
Their Greatest Hits [1971-1975] [International Release]

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it says on the label, 12 Aug. 2013
Some time ago I sold most of my Eagles albums so, recently, felt that I should, at least, have some representation of their best stuff. This CD fits the bill AND at a bargain price ! Highly recommended especialy if you don't have anything by one of the world's best bands.

The Long Road Home: The Ultimate John Fogerty [Creedence Collection]
The Long Road Home: The Ultimate John Fogerty [Creedence Collection]

5.0 out of 5 stars Building up my John Fogerty collection., 12 Aug. 2013
I only "rediscovered" John about a year ago [always liked CCR] so have been adding anything I could lay my hands on [at a reasonable price] and have been quite fortunate in gathering some really good stuff. It doesn't put me off that there is a lot of duplication, sometimes it's different recordings. This collection is excellent [25 tracks] as is the DVD of the same name.

In Concert Chicago
In Concert Chicago
Offered by giraffebooksandmusic

4.0 out of 5 stars Filling my Rick Nelson collection, 12 Aug. 2013
This review is from: In Concert Chicago (Audio CD)
Whilst I already have this recording on reel tape I figured "at this price I may as well have the real thing, at least for the better quality". Worthwhile purchase. Good selection of his best stuff, well performed..

Ragged But Right
Ragged But Right

5.0 out of 5 stars Wot a bargain!, 19 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Ragged But Right (Audio CD)
Always liked George, even tho he lost his way a bit once of twice thro the years. I have most of his early stuff on original Starday and Mercury LP's in my LP collection also tracks "borrowed" from friends on tape. Despite this I just could not resist investing in this triple set. I'm playing it now and enjoying it immensely. For anyone who's country music taste goes back to the fifties it is a MUST. It's real fiddle and steel stuff. Highly recommended. ALSO: the service thro Amazon was VERY quick.

Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC
Bosch Replacement Blade for Rotak 34/34GC

5.0 out of 5 stars A cut above !, 26 Jun. 2011
Bought on price [and brand] so I had to have one or, maybe, eventually, a sythe ! No choice. Very good service.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4