Profile for Fozmeister > Reviews

Content by Fozmeister

Fozmeister "fozzy" (Geordieland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Juppa® Apple Iphone 6 4.7 Inch Smartphone Strong TPU Gel Rubber Case Cover with Screen Protector, Micro Fibre Cleaning Cloth and Application Card (Blue)
Offered by Invero

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star item and 5 star service from 5 star sellers!, 12 Feb. 2015
Bought this and other items from INVERO. This case is very good. The fit on the phone is "snug" and wont come off unless forced off. The feel of it is very good also and because of the firm gel, its grippy and doesn't slide out of your hand. The holes / cut outs for the switches etc are spot on. The colour (on a silver/white) iPhone 6 looks VERY good and bright. ( I have 3 of these now red, yellow and blue) and the colours are striking. The only thing there isn't (which may detract this item away from some people) is that there is no cut out in the back to show the "apple" logo - But then you can see it through the gel! Very good value - some people may say you're putting a 99p case on a £600 phone...... so what! I run a business the depends on striking colours and being noticed and black leather isn't going to get me noticed (on my phone!) Worth Buying!
Nothing but 5 stars for the sellers who were fast and responded VERY well to a request for a returned item I had also ordered from them.

Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - Complete Collection (20 disc set) [DVD]
Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - Complete Collection (20 disc set) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Phil Silvers

3.0 out of 5 stars WAIT until they're released before rating !!, 10 Aug. 2014
Am a MASSIVE fan of Bilko......But cannot believe that people are posting a 5star review of this set of DVDs BEFORE they're even released!!!!!
I give BILKO/Phil Silvers 5 stars but lets see what the quality of these discs are like first before we give them a rating folks!
Comment Comments (34) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2015 11:28 PM BST

Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD (PC)
Dazzle Video Creator Platinum HD (PC)
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful for Video and Sky footage, 13 Feb. 2014
I think most people have video they want to transfer to PC / DVD or that SKY program they want to keep but not on the planner........
This is a very simple and straightforward method of doing it. Have used it with composite out on a Video player and old Sky HD box that has these outputs, very successfully.
Have used studio editing for years so for me its been quite easy.
Output quality is very good and appears to be very little loss of quality when transcoded and retains the aspect ratio.
Have tried other hardware that does this sort of operation, as you may see from my other reviews.
Feel free to endorse this if you find my review helpful and will attempt to answer any questions promptly !

EZCAP.TV 116 EzGAMER USB 2.0 Game Capture Device. Capture gaming footage live. Supports Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, any console with AV composite output. Play in Standard Definition on your TV (not HD) record on your pc in Standard Definition at the same time. 24K gold spltters/leads included. Render footage on the fly to 720p HD. Upload to youtube or convert for iphone, android, etc. Stream your gaming live to Skype, MSN, Justin tv, etc. For Windows XP/Vista/7/8 32/64 bit, Mac OS X 10.5.8 onwards
Offered by EzCAP-TV

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, 10 Feb. 2014
I have used several incarnations of the Pinnacle / Dazzle video capture devices and needed a new one for a relative that may have been easy to use.
After reading reviews and feedback, I trialled this one.
Packed and despached very well and professionally presented, I had high hopes for the device.
Forum registration was easy and communication with the distributor and other users very helpful.
Unfortunately, when the push came to the shove, the device only captured in 4:3 screen ration, meaning another encode into my "Studio" video editing program.
Not only this but due to several transcodes meant loss of quality and a noticeable difference for me from a capture with my analogue "Dazzle" device to this EzGamer device.
Admittedly I only tried with TV programmes and a little game footage, but putting the saved, edited and recorded video onto the big screen (59") having used this device, there was a difference in quality.
Great service and commuications from Amazon, and the distributor Ez Cap.Tv that was very attentive with the setting up procedure, it was just the product did not live upto my expectations for my needs.
3 stars as its "okay" and the product will be benficial for those on a budget !

ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D
ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D
Offered by U9LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I purchased it for !, 10 Feb. 2014
Which was to bypass the HDCP from a sky+HD box.
Used in conjunction with an "Elgato" game capture HD device ( not the cheapest but uses HDMI ) I can now stream HD content from my SKY HD box and store it for personal use.
Have read elsewhere that these splitters may have a shelf life as far as bypassing the HDCP goes and will update the review if this should happen ( fingers crossed it wont )
Just to add as well that despite ordering on a Friday afternoon here in the UK and being sent from the west coast of America, it arrived the following Friday with no VAT or customs to pay.
Great service from the seller "U9LTD" and was postage tracked whilst in the US.
Additional purchase was a US visitor to UK adaptor £1.52.

GadgetPod - 3 in 1 Universal Multi USB Charger Cable For iPhone 3gs 4 4s 5 5S 5C - Micro USB - Works With ios 7 And Most Smartphones. 1 Cable For all

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges 3 items at once !, 9 Feb. 2014
Yep it does - Wife has Iphone 5 and ipad 2, I have a Note 3 and all charge at once !
Don't expect them to charge rapidly and the ip5 did come up with the message "component not recognised" etc but did still charge.
I found the Samsung wall charger the best to use, push out slightly more amps and will take overnight to charge them all.
Great for us as now its one cable and plug on holiday instead of 3.
1 gripe - leads slightly too short but manageable !
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2014 2:15 PM GMT

Elgato Game Capture HD, Xbox and PlayStation High Definition Game Recorder for Mac and PC, Full HD 1080p

5.0 out of 5 stars SKY HD capture confirmed ! But with additional hardware., 9 Feb. 2014
I have to admit that I was lucky enough to be in a position to be able to afford this to get some recorded HD footage from my SKY HD box onto my PC. The hardware is basic - HDMI in and out and a USB out..........and thats it ! No additional power supply required as power is taken from the USB.
BUT........ to record over HDMI from a sky box, I had to do a bit of reading up, scouring the internet to find a suitable HDMI splitter made by ViewHD ( mine came from the states in 7 days ! ) and have been lucky enough to get one that bypasses the HDCP that Sky HD boxes use.
For what the elgato does - its very good, but I must admit that whats inside it is indeed very basic and theres only a couple of pounds worth of components in there - but most of the other firms producing these kinds of items use basically the same components and charge the same price - and there is R&D to pay for!
A worthy addition to my media business equipment and will continue to use it in the future.
The item still gets 5 stars and is a worthy buy.

Synology DS211+ 2-bay - No HDD - NAS Enclosure (No HDD Installed)
Synology DS211+ 2-bay - No HDD - NAS Enclosure (No HDD Installed)

5.0 out of 5 stars Synology NAS 211+ Your own sever and Cloud storage, 23 Jan. 2013
I won't keep you long with this review - I totally agree with everything the previous reviewers have said
I have owned this for 2 years in total and have 2 x 2TB Samsung HDD in Raid ( mirrored ) in case of failure.
I have EVERYTHING stored on this.( Movies, music, home video )
I have gone totally digital and I no longer own any CD's, DVD's or Blu-Ray's ( well, Not true, I still have Toy Story 3 on BR !)
But this machine does everything I need it for -
Streaming movies to my TV (via WD Live media player - flawless)
Full music library.
Full DVD back ups ( some ISO's and some just movie files )
Cloud station on 2 Pc's and ipad.
The download station is fantastic !
IP camera attached also, monitoring the rear of my house ( surveillance station )
Its not too keen on streaming mkv's over 3g or wifi to my iphone but small mp4 files are fine.
A good level of security and it tells you when 5 or more failed attempts have been made to log in and from where !
Using it is NOT for the faint hearted or for the non technically savvy, which, upon first use is what I was !!
But perseverance and looking on help forums has assisted a great deal.
I'm so impressed that I now have no space left and am in the process of upgrading to a 413 or 412+ and 6TB of mirrored storage.
Despite it being frustrating at times and things have to be persevered with, it is a very welcome addition to my digital world and a lot better than having 350+ CD's and over 100 DVD's which I have now sold.
Its hidden away in a cupboard, runs cool and quiet.
My only gripe is the very slow upload via usb.
And if you want to move a file from one location to another within the DS, as I found out, its best to do it from the DS interface rather than windows explorer !

5 stars from me !

Foz

3.5mm Audio and USB Interface Cable. 115cm 3-in-1 Apple Dock Connector to 3.5mm Audio AUX and USB Cable for iPhone 3G S, 4, 4S, All iPod Models and iPad 1 and 2. Enables Charging and High Quality Line Out Sound (and steering wheel control on Ford cars with USB and Aux.)
Offered by PC Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Iphone charger & Aux out - Perfect., 10 July 2011
I bought this lead to go with an Iphone4 cradle and mount for my car. That firm insisted that the only type of Apple connector it would take would be an original apple one or a "Griffin" powerjolt cable ( due to the dimensions of the Apple end - it had to be exact ) This cable by Alphasonix is the only one I have found to be an exact fit for the phone cradle I have. The cable connects perfectly everytime (so far) and is sold I believe in black and white. Handsfree car kit and music from my iphone4 through the car stereo, all with 1 easy to fit lead !5 stars from me !

iMP Gaming Maracas for Samba de Amigo (Wii)
iMP Gaming Maracas for Samba de Amigo (Wii)
Offered by Gizmo Gaming

1.0 out of 5 stars Maracas for Samba De Amigo on Wii, 7 Dec. 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
The game itself is GREAT FUN. Even for a 40 something bloke ! However the Maracas doo interrupt the wii remote pick up but do add a little bit to the game. Sorry to say this but just after buying these from here in late 2008 I think, I saw them on sale for a whole ONE POUND from a shop that has a name with POUND in it ! Sorry Amazon but even they are making a profit at that price !!
** 5 stars for the game, 1 star for the maracas ** ( Amazon has asked me to rate the game NOT the maracas !!! but I have rated the maracas as thats whats been reviewed ! )

Page: 1 | 2