Profile for Virginia Plain > Reviews

Content by Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain "Virginia Plain" (Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT - 10.1" FUSION5 XTRA POWER4 TABLET PC - QUAD-CORE CPU - POWERFUL GPU - 16GB STORAGE - SLEEK DESIGN - BLUETOOTH - FLAT 50% OFF - LIMITED TIME OFFER
Offered by F5CS LTD
Price: 149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item - and great value for money., 11 April 2014
If - like me - you're on a tight budget, but REALLY want a tablet, this is the one for you. It does exactly what it's designed to do and doesn't break the bank.

I have looked - with envy - at Samsung tablets and iPads but, as I can't afford eitherof them, I looked around for a less expensive option.

I was really surprised at how good this tablet is. The screen/picture quality is much better than I was expecting. Sound quality is also very good. There are a lot of useful pre-installed apps - which I am looking forward to getting the hang of!

I am not tech-minded and the lack of an instruction manual was a slight drawback. I emailed Fusion5 and they replied - very quickly - with a link to the user manual. I am up and running.

Overall, this tablet is great value - it does the job - and does it well.

If you have problems contacting Fusion5, go to : [...]

Scroll down the first page, you will see the "Contact Us" button, near the bottom left-hand side of the page.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 12:34 PM BST

A Guide to Moth Traps and Their Use (Amateur Entomologist Pamphlets)
A Guide to Moth Traps and Their Use (Amateur Entomologist Pamphlets)
by Reg Fry

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 April 2014
Fair enough - the book gives a good deal of information on the various typre of traps - and lures available - but didn't contain the one piece of information I really needed - i.e. - how to arrange the egg boxes/egg trays, with the traps, to give the best cover for the moths.

I obtained far more information/tips on traps from Butterfly Conservation (Moths Count).

Wild Things To Do With Woodlice: And 364 Other Amazing Nature Activities
Wild Things To Do With Woodlice: And 364 Other Amazing Nature Activities
by Michael Cox
Price: 7.63

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a WONDERFUL book, 9 April 2014
I really cannot praise this book highly enough. It contains LOADS of tips/ideas on having fun, while learning about nature and wildlife. I bought the book for my 7-year-old great-nephew (who has 2 "tame adults" (Mum & Dad)) who will help him read the bits he might not understand. As soon as I started reading through the book (just to check that it was good enough for said great-nephew), I was hooked.The book is very well written - in plain english - and Mr. Cox's sense of humour appeals to me greatly.

I have now bought a second copy for myself. I am 58 years old. I would LOVE to have had this book when I was a child.
I believe that "one is never too old to have a happy childhood" and I am going to rediscover my childhood with the help of this book. It is a book for children of ALL ages.

Rolson 9-in-1 Precision Screwdriver
Rolson 9-in-1 Precision Screwdriver
Price: 2.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok - but only just, 9 April 2014
I was very disappointed with this screwdriver. I wasn't expecting much - for the price - but I was hoping for a screwdriver that would fit very small screws (e.g. on pairs of spectacles - or my MP3 player). No good - all the bits are too large, so I had to revert to the "mini" screwdriver set purchased in my local 1 Shop.

Mcoplus - Camera Tripod Ball Head Ballhead KS-0 + Quick Release Plate LF23 - Max Load 8kg
Offered by Mcoplus
Price: 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally good item., 9 April 2014
This Ball Head is exceptionally good value for money. Operates very smoothly. All 3 knobs have a rubberised trim, making them very easy to turn - even with wet hands - and, when you have locked the ball head in the desired position, it WILL NOT MOVE! The Quick Release plate is very easy to remove.

My camera is a fairly light, bridge camera ( a Lumix FX150), but I would have no doubt that this ball head will hold much heavier cameras (including lenses) than mine. It really is an excellent piece of gear and I would expect it to last a long time.

My thanks to all other buyers who gave this ball head such high recommendations. I made my purchase based on the comments of others and I'm VERY glad I did.

Collins Bird Guide
Collins Bird Guide
by Lars Svensson
Price: 13.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Collins Bird Guide (Paperback)
I have always wanted a book that would give me lots of information on all Irish and British birds. This is THE book!

Very well written, loads of information, and the illustations are beautiful.

Worth every penny. :-)

George Foreman 14525 Family Removable Plates Grill and Melt - 4-Portion - Brushed Steel
Price: 53.00

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 29 Mar 2014
Does the job it's designed for but would really only be suitable for cooking food for 2 people. how this can be called a "Family" grill, is beyond me. And, yes, the plates are removable, but they're still a pain in the neck to clean.

It's certainly easier to keep clean than those grill where the plates are not removable. A slightly better design - and slightly larger cooking surface - and I would have given it 5 stars.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Compact Camera with Full HD Video Recording - Black (12.1 MP, 24x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item., 29 Mar 2014
For people like me - who want to be able to photograph wildlife - but don't have the funds to buy expensive equipment - this camera is a little gem. It takes really good pictures and it's very easy to use. I haven't a clue about photography, but this camera has allowed - even me - to take some great shots.

I wanted to concentrate on macro photography (butterflies - moths - insects, etc), so I purchased a "Raynox DCR-150 MacroScan Conversion Lens" (VERY reasonably priced), to add on to this camera. Some of the shots I have taken to date, have been surprisingly good.

I'm VERY happy with this camera.

Raynox DCR-150 MacroScan Conversion Lens
Raynox DCR-150 MacroScan Conversion Lens
Offered by HD Sales Inc
Price: 38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item., 29 Mar 2014
This is a fabulous lens for the money. For people like me - who want to concentrate on macro-photography - and who cannot afford expensive equipment, this lens, added to my Panasonic Lumix FZ150 camera, is allowing me to take some really good pictures. Highly recommended.

atFoliX FX-Antireflex screen-protector for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 (3 pack) - Anti-reflective screen protection!
Offered by @FoliX GmbH
Price: 5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 29 Mar 2014
Does the job it's designed for - and does it well. I would recommend these screen-protectors. What else can I say.............

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5