Profile for D. Smith > Reviews

Content by D. Smith

D. Smith "Marsupial Mama" (UK)

Learning Resources Mini Motors® Counters, set 0f 72
Learning Resources Mini Motors® Counters, set 0f 72
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, 22 Feb. 2011
Wow, what a great product!! This is a toy my son loves and my daughter covets! (Unfortunately she's only 6 months old and not allowed to play with it yet! Much to my son's relief!) This toy is good for counting, language practice, colour practice. There are any number of games to play with this set. There's a leaflet with ideas on how to use these toys for counting and basic arithmetic practice, but there's just so much more to be done with this! My son was really struggling with his speech and these just brought everything alive for him. There was no struggle to get him to sit down and play with me and months later having mastered all the different vehicle types, colours and numbers, this is still one of his favorite toys. He asks to play with them every day.

Melissa & Doug 13784 Basic Skills Board
Melissa & Doug 13784 Basic Skills Board
Offered by Hello Baby

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish my son liked it more!, 22 Feb. 2011
I think this toy is great, the pieces are for the most part easy to manipulate and it does indeed do what it says on the tin: provide basic life skills practice!! My son, unfortunately, loves it mainly for the puzzle (each basic skill is on it's own board that fits into the larger bear picture). I'm hoping he'll soon start to take notice of the different activities on the board and start playing with it properly. Seems to be a good quality product.

Melissa & Doug 13770 Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle
Melissa & Doug 13770 Wooden Bear Family Dress-Up Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing.., 22 Feb. 2011
The reason I'm disappointed in this product is because the clothes aren't clearly defined. Sometimes it can be an overall top with a t-shirt, sometimes a dress top, a t-shirt, a sweater, often you will have more than one item of clothing in the same puzzle piece. The legs will always be whatever bottom (skirt, trousers, shorts) with whatever footwear (socks, shoes etc). That's fine if you just want to play, but I bought it as an educational thing to help my son with his speech delay. He's never wanted to play with it, it hasn't really caught his attention and I think part of the reason is that. The faces are all great, you have many different expressions with lots to talk about, but despite that we haven't really played with it at all. Quality-wise it's great. The pieces are sturdy and if you arrange them correctly you can fit them all in the provided box without having loose bits on top.

Tippitoes Mini Bath (Blue)
Tippitoes Mini Bath (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bath!, 22 Feb. 2011
Finally!! After 3 baths and 2 children I've discovered possibly the most perfect bath!! My daughter loved bathing in it and it's a breeze to use, clean and empty. I never actually needed the plughole option, but it's there for those that would like it. It's really sturdy and the padded headrest is really practical and helpful as well. This product made bath time the fun it should be and not the struggle it could be! Great buy.

Bruder Pasture Fence for Horses
Bruder Pasture Fence for Horses

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fence!, 22 Feb. 2011
I was looking for a fence for my son to play with. His speech therapist used something similar and we played the game of naming some plastic animals and putting them in the fence. I wanted to repeat this game and so I found this fence. It comes also with a small sign to hang on the fence, a hay rack and a trough, it also has a gate to the fence. My son loves it and frequently asks to play the fence game. He knows the names to all the bits and pieces and it even helped him learn the concept of open and close thanks to the gate! We're now working on the in and out concepts and having great fun doing so. It's also good for fine motor skills as we build the fence. Great buy, has lasted ages and looks set to last a lot longer!!