ARRAY(0x9db051b0)

XLS Medical Fat Binder Tablets Pack of 180
XLS Medical Fat Binder Tablets Pack of 180
Price: 40.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Snake Oil, 18 May 2013
I gave these a go for 2 months and they made no difference whatsoever. Snake Oil is what they are.

CPR All-in-One Call Blocker
CPR All-in-One Call Blocker
Price: 38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Satisfying, 20 Dec 2012
I've had one of these for a few months now and since I've installed it I hardly get any nuisance calls.

But by far the best feature is when someone does get though is to start talking to them and then press the button that cuts them off and blocks their number at the same time. I love doing this because I know if they then try and ring back all they will get is cut off after 1 ring and my phone want make a sound ! It's very satisfying indeed !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2012 4:16 PM GMT

Max Payne 3 (PC DVD)
Max Payne 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Technical Masterpiece - but..., 1 Jun 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Max Payne 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Technically, Max Payne 3 is a Masterpiece. The graphics are the best I've ever seen. It flows seamlessly from cut scene to game play and back again - you don't even notice when it's changed. And it runs like a dream, not a stutter, not a dropped frame, it just works.

The movement of characters and the attention to detail have to be seen to be believed, the graphics are stunning. It's like a film where you keep taking control of the central character.

But...

Is it a good game ? Do I want to keep playing it ? Can I turn my PC off ? Like a book, is it a page-turner ?

No, I don't think it is. Something is missing somehow - there's no real game play. It's like you think you are in control, but in reality, just like a film, you are just following the script and nothing you do makes any odds at all.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2012 7:27 PM BST

Serious Sam 3 (PC DVD)
Serious Sam 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Run Around And Shoot Things, 15 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Serious Sam 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Recently I've played Rage, FEAR3, Duke Nukem Forever and Alice:Madness Returns; Serious Sam 3 easily wins the day.

This is what a First Person Shooter should be all about, just running around and shooting things with absolutely no thought required at all.

Graphics are as good as I've seen (I'm running a HD6870, 9950 Quad Core with 8GB, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate) and at 1680x1050 it's super smooth, with zero lag, and 50-60fps pretty much all of the time (contrast with Alice:MR, where it drops to less than 10 and becomes unplayable).

The music is top drawer and adds a lot to the game, especially when you are losing off at endless nasty one-eyed monsters.

Another plus (which some recent games have omitted, hence forcing you to reply the same bit over and over again) is quicksave. So none of the Checkpoint save nonsense that has reared its ugly head in stuff like DNF or FEAR3.

I've only been playing for about 2 hours and so far I've only stopped to write this.

This game is for me the best FPS of the year.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2012 12:18 PM BST

F.E.A.R. 3 (PC DVD)
F.E.A.R. 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Lindot
Price: 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Game - Ruined, 18 Nov 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F.E.A.R. 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
When I first started playing FEAR 3 I thought it was fantastic. Nothing too complicated, amazingly smooth and detailed graphics, excellent sound as well.
But it has two things wrong with it. One is a minor thing, the other a huge annoyance. So annoying in fact that my PC is lucky it's not found itself being heaved out of the window.

The minor point is that FEAR 3 does not know what type of game it wants to be; one minute you are running round, shooting solders, and the next minute it's all horror scenes and screams of who knows what.

The horrors parts are the best; very spooky and it even makes you jump at times.

But the most annoying thing ? The thing that makes we want to launch my PC in to the air ? You can't save your progress. What a really fantastic idea that is. So, if you're maybe not that good at it (like me, it would appear) then you can find yourself having to reply a hard section maybe 20 or more times, each time you are killed (which is often in my case), back you go the last check point, having no choice but to start it all over again.

Which cretin thought that was a good idea ? Cus I can tell them now; it's not.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2013 4:25 PM GMT

RAGE (PC DVD)
RAGE (PC DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Shocking Graphic Rendering, 7 Oct 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: RAGE (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This game has got to have to worse graphics rendering I have ever seen. I've only been playing it for about 10 minutes and it's almost unplayable;

- As you look around you, the graphics tear.

- The displayed screen size changes and flickers.

- As textured surfaces come into view they are drawn before your eyes. e.g, turn round and face a rock, the rock shape appears and then the texture appears maybe half a second afterwards.

- Scenery appears and disappears. For example, one second you're looking at a door, then you can see thought it, and then it's back again.

- Areas of screen turn white, then back to what they should be.

Basically, have they actually tested the graphics ? I'm running on an ATI/AMD HD4890 okay, it's a couple of years old ),
a 9950 CPU, 8GB of DDR2 Ram i.e. My PC is about 4 years old, but it's not a bad spec ).

I'm tempted to put it back in the box and ask for my money back, at least until such times as it's been fixed. It is, truly shockingly poor.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2011 1:26 AM BST

TrueCall - The Nuisance Call Blocker
TrueCall - The Nuisance Call Blocker
Offered by DST (UK) LTD Established 1999
Price: 98.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed to Work, 30 Nov 2009
The TrueCall sounds like a fantastic idea but it appears that it's not compatible with some phone lines, but I've no idea why, as after all, it's just an answer phone ( but a clever one ).

I ordered mine from Amazon and after plugging it in and setting it up I tried to call it from my mobile to make sure it worked. To start with it seemed okay but the problem was that when I hung up the TrueCall did not spot the end of the call and kept recording ( so I had to stop it manually). So I contacted TrueCall directly and they were very helpful, saying that either it's not compatible with my phone line or it could be faulty. Anyway, they sent me another one but it had the same problem, so I ended up returning their's and returning mine to Amazon ( a full refund was received in just a few days ). Another thing I found annoying is that it hums quite loudly all the time. TrueCall said to make sure it was at least 18 inches from a router or phone base station, but even I had put it in the middle of my living room the noise was still noticeable, and the same was true with the replacement unit.

It's a great pity it did not work as it's a fantastic idea, but buyers should bear in mind that it may not work with your phone line.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 5:41 PM BST

Fountains Of Wayne
Fountains Of Wayne
Price: 6.07

5.0 out of 5 stars A really top drawer album, 19 Mar 2004
This review is from: Fountains Of Wayne (Audio CD)
A week after buying their latest album ( Welcome Interstate Managers ) I got this album. It's another great set of songs, just as good as WIM. The best tracks are Leave The Biker and Please Don't Rock Me Tonight, but there's not one poor track on the album. Fountains of Wayne seem to produce albums where every track is different and I feel that is a big plus for a group. All I can say is go and buy it, in todays world of manufactered music is great to find a band with talent.

Welcome Interstate Managers
Welcome Interstate Managers
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just Stacey's Mum....., 19 Mar 2004
I heard Stacey's Mum on the radio and bought this album a few days later. The rest of the album is nothing like this track, well, not after the first 3 anyway. Mexican Wine and Bright Future In Sales are sort of rock(ish) but the rest are totally differnt, but equally excellant. After listening to the album several dozen times I've come to the conclusion that every track is first rate. But, as I say, dont expect an album full of rock tracks that sound like Stacey's Mum, cus they don't, some are slow, some fast, one is even a red-neck blues song. It makes such a change to find a group with some talent these days and I've not stopped playing it since I bought it.