Profile for Redshark > Reviews

Darlac DP110 1.5 metre Cut-n-Hold Snapper
Darlac DP110 1.5 metre Cut-n-Hold Snapper
Offered by Bescol

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't know I needed this., 24 Aug 2012
I've been struggling with deadheading my underplanted roses for years, no, decades LOL! So when I read about this product at Fred-in-the-shed I was intrigued.

Unfortunately it's admittedly a niche product and the single review on here did not give any further helpful details about it. However, I was convinced it was something I needed. Although a luxury item at £40.65 from Bescol I gave it a shot (I had just saved myself a few hundred by repairing my own car).

The item was surprisingly delivered only 48 hours later, nicely packaged and is a quality item. It is very effective and useful for my needs and is made of lightweight but high grade materials that make it worth the money.

I ordered the 1.5m version as I measured my reach and found it is the most useful size for my garden. Cutting and bringing the deadheads to the bucket is easy as the tool grips what has just been cut.

I no longer need to trample plants nor scratch myself on thorns. I have also made a hanger in my shed so that it does not get damaged in storage as I expect to be using this handy tool for the rest of my life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2013 1:20 PM BST

Buster Max Spirit Of Salts 500ml
Buster Max Spirit Of Salts 500ml
Offered by Red House Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the stuff., 21 Aug 2012
We started having problems with limescale when our children were leaving the loo unflushed at night. It quickly built up and became very unsightly and smelly.

Other supermarket products barely worked at all and we had the problem for several years, but once I discovered this it was gone.

First I maximise ventilation by opening the windows to allow fumes to dissipate. I flush and then empty the bowl of clean water with a sponge and washing up bowl. I then put on eye protection and my long above-elbow gloves (oasis pond gloves £7.50 eBay). Next I then carefully add only a few drops of the product and quickly clean the bowl with a common green scouring pad, taking care not to breath in any fumes. I then plunge my pad and glove into a bucket of water immediately to dilute the product and make it safe. After this I flush the loo straight away and it is spotless. I do this weekly.

I bought this 500ml bottle and I still have half of it left a year later. I found out this very product is on sale at my local old fashioned hardware store for under three pounds.

I'm not sure what chemicals other descalers use but this is strong hydrochloric acid. I see there are other products on amazon which are highly rated but require the use of much more of the product. I wonder if these are less concentrated forms. If so they may be safer, if more expensive to use.

Finally, I would warn that fumes are produced and it is very important not to breath these in. It is also most important to ensure that no drips are allowed to fall on skin or any other surfaces. It really needs treating with respect so safety first.

Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle
Raleigh Folding Workstand for Bicycle

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money., 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: Raleigh Folding Workstand (Sports)
OK, so lets get the single negative out of the way first. The weak link of cheaper cycle stands is the main clamp and the plastic jaws which hold your bike on this model, while well designed, will not impress you with a rock solid hold.

However, the quality of the rest of the item is most impressive with a sturdy and resilient construction, easy to use quick releases, simplicity of design and impressive set up and storability.

How much you would have to spend to get a workstand with a significantly better main clamp I shudder to think. Perhaps £200? At that price point it is fair to demand more of your bikestand.

This workstand is useful for working on and cleaning your bike up to a point where you are using some force. You may therefore, like me, think that this item is worth a punt as a fifty pound bargain.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 3:46 AM GMT

Snug fit Padded Camera Case with Pouches for PANASONIC LUMIX DMC-TZ55 TZ40 TZ35 SZ3 SZ8,CANON PowerShot SX600 SX280 SX270 S120 IXUS 265 255 150 145 132 125 A3500,Nikon,L27 L29 L30,SONY RX100 HX20 HX50 H60, Samsung ST150 WB30,WB250 & More compact cameras.
Offered by BV-electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job., 14 Feb 2012
Luckily, although there could be improvements, the amazon site allows you to compare and choose from a lot of products, giving dimensions and other details. This case has proven to be just what I needed and has an extra pouch for my battery.

Bosch 10 Piece Screwdriver Set
Bosch 10 Piece Screwdriver Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Screw the others buy this great little set., 14 Feb 2012
I really like compact little sets of tools that have all the pieces you are likely to use 99% of the time with no unnecessary add-ons and this set really fits the bill.

I hope the packaging lasts as it is a big part of the convenience and usefulness of the bit set.

Gillette Sensor Excel Razor With 2 Replacement Sensor Excel Cartridges and 1 Replacement Sensor3 Cartridge

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shave this man has got., 14 Feb 2012
I bought this after reading the reviews and agree that the 2 blade cartridge is the one to have. 3 blades do not improve things for me either.

The Sensor Excel Razor handle is pleasant to use.

I have ordered the larger packs of genuine Gillette blades after dipping my toe in the water with this product.

I have been much happier shaving with this razor and with the addition of olive oil massaged into the beard and then shaving foam on top.

No more razor burn and a close uncomplicated shave with cuts a rarity now.

King Of Shaves K-Series AlphaOil Shaving Oil for Sensitive Skin - 15 ml
King Of Shaves K-Series AlphaOil Shaving Oil for Sensitive Skin - 15 ml
Offered by Green 2 you

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but unnecessary oil., 14 Feb 2012
The oil works perfectly and smells nice but I get the same excellent shaving results from using olive oil from a cooking spray and I don't need to be as stingy with the olive oil as I do with this (this bottle is tiny!).

Toner Cartridge Set for Dell 1320 1320c Yield 2,000 Pages
Toner Cartridge Set for Dell 1320 1320c Yield 2,000 Pages

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toner to go with a great printer., 14 Feb 2012
The toner works great with the dell printer, making the printer an outstandingly inexpensive quality purchase.

I looked into this aspect of the printer ownership as toner prices can make printers very expensive to run.

Also, my previous printer was an inkjet and purchasing cheap ink gave me problems that prevented the printer from working properly.

With this toner there have been no such problems and my admittedly undemanding use has not brought any downsides to light.

Comfortnights Absorbent Chair Pad 50 x 40cms
Comfortnights Absorbent Chair Pad 50 x 40cms
Offered by Coastal Linen Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for piglet purposes, 14 Feb 2012
I took a risk six months ago and gambled that this product might help me with my Guinea Pigs.

My large cage has the floor completely covered with a large mat of the excellent vetbed bedding. I have two of these so I can wash the one not in use. The vetbed lets the piggy wee through and keeps the animals dry.

However, you still need to soak up and remove the wee and I was generating quite a lot of waste by using newspapers underneath the vetbed.

With four of these pads I am able to put one pad at each end of the cage and have two spare ready to replace them.

The pads are reasonably but not amazingly absorbent so I do replace the one on the side of the cage with the water bottles every day, the other lasting two days.

This works well as part of our little 20 minute daily routine. Firstly, I give the piggies a cuddle and put them into the room with a plate of veggies. They come to be picked up as they know they are getting a treat.

While they are eating and exploring the room I replace the absorbent pads, brush out their droppings, fill their water and add new hay (their staple diet at £5 per bale). They then jump back in themselves and I vacuum any hay bits on the floor up.

I then wash the used pads with a bit of washing-up liquid, rinse and put them to dry.

Rushbrookes Cool Cats Pvc Apron, Adult Size
Rushbrookes Cool Cats Pvc Apron, Adult Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality apron., 14 Feb 2012
If you definitely need a good quality waterproof apron and like the design I can recommend this product. It is what was hoped for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7