Profile for bearsome > Reviews

Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Age-Defying Moisturiser 50 ml
Olay Regenerist 3 Point Super Age-Defying Moisturiser 50 ml
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

3.0 out of 5 stars Yet to be convinced, 16 April 2015
I wasn't expecting for a miracle, but I was hoping for something. This cream does make my skin feel wonderfully smooth just after I've applied it, but I'm not sure it's doing anything else. It seems very highly perfumed to, as I was used to using an unperfumed face cream. Would I buy it again? I'm not at all sure.

Of Marriageable Age
Of Marriageable Age

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense and intriguing, 16 April 2015
This book was MUCH longer than I was expecting, but I'm so pleased I persisted. I got a bit confused to start with, as the characters were featured in different chapters at first, set in different generations, and it took me a while to start piecing together the connections. In a printed book, you can just flick back and check on what was written earlier in the book, and that's not so easy to do on a Kindle! The story was very atmospheric, giving a glimpse into the lives of Indian people living in India and Britain pre and after independence. Some of it doesn't make very comfortable reading, and is emotional and shocking at the same time. However, there is a happy ending, although it's a long time a-coming. Well worth the effort.

Bedding Heaven 15 tog KING SIZE DUVET s/s Made by FOGARTY and direct from their factory.
Offered by Bedding Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasantly surprised, 16 April 2015
I had originally planned, after asking for other buyers' opinions, in buying another and more expensive duvet, then decided to 'risk' the well-known but unlabelled Fogarty at a lower price. I'm so pleased I did! It has a lovely firm cotton cover, unlike other cheaper-quality duvets (like the one we were replacing), and the filling is warm and cosy. It's simply a VERY comfortable duvet, at an excellent price. Definitely a 'risk' I'm glad I took.

The Final Salute
The Final Salute

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly thought-provoking, 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Final Salute (Kindle Edition)
I thought that I might find this hardgoing, given that I knew nothing about the US airforce, on which the story is based. In fact, the story majors on some personalities on an airforce base, rather than the force itself, and that includes families. In the background, though, is always the reality of being part of that airforce, that of the inherent dangers of the work. The story was good, surprisingly enjoyable, with the occasional light moments, and some very sad events. It was the latter that gave me food for thought - no bad thing.

Finding Mother (The Guernsey Novels Book 2)
Finding Mother (The Guernsey Novels Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 20 Mar. 2015
It was great to come across a book based in an area I knew i.e. Guernsey. A gentle story, maybe rather predictable, and the fact that it was based on the Channel Islands rather than mainland UK, made the story of tracing a birth mother sound easier than it often is elsewhere. Good bedtime reading, though, and it was great to picture the areas mentioned.

Braun Oral-B Vitality Precision Rechargeable Clean Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Vitality Precision Rechargeable Clean Toothbrush
Offered by Lloydspharmacy

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent replacement, 20 Mar. 2015
Bought as a replacement for another Oral-B Vitality, which had become decidedly tatty, this updated model is great. One on/off switch instead of the two on the previous model, and just as efficient. Great stuff.

Olay Regenerist Moisturiser Eye Lifting Serum Treatment
Olay Regenerist Moisturiser Eye Lifting Serum Treatment

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy again, 20 Mar. 2015
I have to be realistic, in that I wasn't expecting miracles, especially in just a month, but I've been a bit disappointed in this product. Whilst MAYBE I can see that the area around my eyes is a little lighter, the serum isn't particularly pleasant when applied, especially during the daytime. No matter how little I apply above my eyes and on my lids, the serum is SO greasy, that it makes my eyes feel as if I've just woken up. I've now gone back to using my previous make during the day, and keep this one for overnight - when I remember.

Womens Thermal Socks Ladies Winter Sock zig Zag Pattern Assorted Colours Size 4-8 Pack of 6 Pairs
Offered by Mount Cherry Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cosy, 19 Feb. 2015
Wonderfully snug and warm socks, wash well, although maybe too much pink to my taste. Still, as I only wanted them for wearing under wellies at the livery yard, colour wasn't really an issue. The socks were marked 4-8, but I'm very doubtful about that. My shoe size is between five and a half and 6, and the socks fit perfectly, but they don't have a lot of stretch in them. Anyone with larger than a size 6, be wary. Certainly, I doubt they'd fit anyone who takes a size 7 or 8 AND has wide feet.

Christmas with the McRaes: Books 1, 2 & 3, plus a new novella, Welcome Lizzie (The McRaes Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment, 12 Feb. 2015
With the overall title of this set of books, I was expecting something quite cheering for the Christmas season. Certainly, the endings were happy enough, but what I found, was text describing very intense personalities, with a lot of detailed sex. Now, I don't object to either, but the second was definitely unnecessarily overdone, and just made the second story far too long. It added nothing to the stories about the seemingly endlessly troubled individuals in the family, either. I read the first two stories, but couldn't face the third. The set's still on my Kindle, but I don't know if I'll get round to reading the third. Not sure if I can face it.

Coming Up For Air
Coming Up For Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, lads!, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Coming Up For Air (Audio CD)
I loved the first album 'In a Perfect World', which I bought after seeing the band at the 2013 Isle of Wight Festival, but I was a little worried that this second album would be in much the same vein. The first track is a little too much like Coldplay for my liking (a band I can't abide), but it's growing on me. However, the rest of the album is definitely different from the first - with some tracks that are really sad, and others that just make me smile - but, at the same time, so distinctive of their style. They really are a very gifted band, and I can see some of the songs again becoming singalongs in this year's festivals!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6