Profile for bearsome > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Endless River
The Endless River

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone., 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Endless River (Audio CD)
This album is, as has been made clear by Dave Gilmour, comprised of pieces of music that members of Pink Floyd wrote that never got onto previous albums. As such, some of the music is very reminiscent of well-known tracks and, with all but one track being instrumental, some might say, pretty boring. However, it's lovely to hear some previously unheard material played by Rick Wright, with Gilmour and Mason adding to it. None of the music is exactly exciting, but I find it very relaxing and calming and, sometimes, that's just what I need. It won't be to every Floyd fan's taste, though.

TowelsRus Spa Days Luxury Hair Turban, White, Absorbent Towel and Lightweight Cotton
Offered by towelsrus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 2 Jan. 2015
I've had two turban towels for years, and they've just started falling to pieces. So, I bought two of these TowelsRus turban towels to replace the others. I've only used the one so far, and it's very thick, excellent quality towelling, and very absorbant. Very pleased with it.

Coming Home: for Christmas
Coming Home: for Christmas

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 21 Dec. 2014
Gentle and totally predictable, this story is for you if you want something warm and easy to read, with absolutely no exercise for the brain. The only thing that wasn't predictable was the ending - the outcome was obvious, the abruptness wasn't. It was as if the writer had suddenly got bored with the whole thing. Very odd.

Sonic Highways
Sonic Highways

5.0 out of 5 stars Go, Foos!, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sonic Highways (Audio CD)
Unusually for me, I liked this album immediately - it usually takes me a while to get into new albums. For anyone expecting, and hoping, for the Foos to be rocking through the whole thing, they're likely to be a bit disappointed. However, for me, after two loud and solid rock tracks, the songs are mostly a lot quieter. Fine by me, as they show off Dave Grohl's great voice all the more. Love it!

Town & Country Boot Jack - Teal
Town & Country Boot Jack - Teal

5.0 out of 5 stars it's easily washed. Good stuff, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Town & Country Boot Jack - Teal
We were having problems finding an all-plastic boot jack. Country stores and riding equipment suppliers all seem to have stopped stocking plastic boot jacks, and gone for expensive wooden ones. When we keep our equipment in a damp stable block, a wooden jack isn't going to last long. So, thankfully, I found these boot jacks (available in a couple of colours), whioch are exactly what we needed. The colour is irrelvant, really, as it was soon covered in mud but, then again, being plastic, it's easily washed. Good stuff.

Open: An Autobiography
Open: An Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars Very mixed feelings, 2 Nov. 2014
I loved Andre Agassi - his looks, his apparent shyness, his cracking tennis playing. I looked forward to seeing him and watching him. and openly admit his attraction wasn't just his tennis! Back to the present, and this book had me alternately feeling sorry for him because of his very hard childhood at the hands of his, quite frankly, bullying father, who was unable to show his youngest child any love. I could quite understand why Agassi soon learned to hate tennis, but it was all he knew. Before I'd got halfway through the book, though, I was starting to get a little irritated at the constant 'poor little me' attitude he adopted, and wondered WHY, being in the US where seeking therapy is almost a way of life, he didn't do the same. Then I got irritated with myself for not siding with him, and was relieved that he had people beside him all the way through his career, people who really cared for him. It's a sad story in many ways, that this was a very gifted man who spent so much of his young life doing something that gave him so much physical and mental pain. However, through this hard life, he was able to help many and was, in the end, able to achieve a lot in the tennis world, and was content with his lot. I really hope he still is, as he still comes over as a genuinely lovely person, someone who's not afraid to show his true feelings. The photo on the cover says it all, really.

Everybody Wants
Everybody Wants

5.0 out of 5 stars A great discovery, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Everybody Wants (Audio CD)
Saw this band at the Isle of Wight Festival and then at the Victorious Festival in Southsea, and was very impressed. They are rock, but fairly light, and just plain fun. The singer, Luke Spiller has a cracking voice, a voice capable of singing a variety of styles, as proved by both this album and the one he did with and for Mike Oldfield. Luke seems to take on a number of guises, and there's a track on this album where the band sounds like Queen (Mr Spiller takes some of his on-stage poses from Freddie Mercury), and another where they sound somewhat like T-Rex. No matter, though, as The Struts have some fine songs, none of them with bland lyrics and, with their current tour, they should be very well-known by next year. If you buy the album, play it LOUD!

Great Western Valkyrie
Great Western Valkyrie

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Great Western Valkyrie (Audio CD)
Despite all the reviews that rated this album highly, having seen the band live this summer, I was a bit disappointed. I was expecting great things, but this album doesn't have nearly as much atmosphere as their album 'Heads Down', which gave so much more of a true impression of what they do live. Yes, it's a 'good' album, with some good songs, but, for me, it just isn't 'great', which is what I was expecting. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Woodluv Med. Brown Wicker With White Linning Storage Basket Trunk Chest Hamper With Lid(E01-345M)
Offered by SelectiveGoods

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful!, 16 Aug. 2014
Good-looking, well made basket. Fits well on top on my wardrobe, to take bits an pieces that have been 'floating around' in the bottom and on top of said wardrobe. Very useful item.

Classical Voices
Classical Voices
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Classical Voices (Audio CD)
Bought as a gift for someone else - can't comment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5