Profile for bearsome > Reviews

Content by bearsome

bearsome

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Womens Thermal Socks Ladies Winter Sock zig Zag Pattern Assorted Colours Size 4-8 Pack of 6 Pairs
Offered by Mount Cherry Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cosy, 19 Feb. 2015
Wonderfully snug and warm socks, wash well, although maybe too much pink to my taste. Still, as I only wanted them for wearing under wellies at the livery yard, colour wasn't really an issue. The socks were marked 4-8, but I'm very doubtful about that. My shoe size is between five and a half and 6, and the socks fit perfectly, but they don't have a lot of stretch in them. Anyone with larger than a size 6, be wary. Certainly, I doubt they'd fit anyone who takes a size 7 or 8 AND has wide feet.

Christmas with the McRaes: Books 1, 2 & 3, plus a new novella, Welcome Lizzie (The McRaes Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a disappointment, 12 Feb. 2015
With the overall title of this set of books, I was expecting something quite cheering for the Christmas season. Certainly, the endings were happy enough, but what I found, was text describing very intense personalities, with a lot of detailed sex. Now, I don't object to either, but the second was definitely unnecessarily overdone, and just made the second story far too long. It added nothing to the stories about the seemingly endlessly troubled individuals in the family, either. I read the first two stories, but couldn't face the third. The set's still on my Kindle, but I don't know if I'll get round to reading the third. Not sure if I can face it.

Coming Up For Air
Coming Up For Air
Offered by MediaMine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, lads!, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Coming Up For Air (Audio CD)
I loved the first album 'In a Perfect World', which I bought after seeing the band at the 2013 Isle of Wight Festival, but I was a little worried that this second album would be in much the same vein. The first track is a little too much like Coldplay for my liking (a band I can't abide), but it's growing on me. However, the rest of the album is definitely different from the first - with some tracks that are really sad, and others that just make me smile - but, at the same time, so distinctive of their style. They really are a very gifted band, and I can see some of the songs again becoming singalongs in this year's festivals!

The Endless River
The Endless River

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone., 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Endless River (Audio CD)
This album is, as has been made clear by Dave Gilmour, comprised of pieces of music that members of Pink Floyd wrote that never got onto previous albums. As such, some of the music is very reminiscent of well-known tracks and, with all but one track being instrumental, some might say, pretty boring. However, it's lovely to hear some previously unheard material played by Rick Wright, with Gilmour and Mason adding to it. None of the music is exactly exciting, but I find it very relaxing and calming and, sometimes, that's just what I need. It won't be to every Floyd fan's taste, though.

TowelsRus Spa Days Luxury Hair Turban, White, Absorbent Towel and Lightweight Cotton
Offered by towelsrus

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 2 Jan. 2015
I've had two turban towels for years, and they've just started falling to pieces. So, I bought two of these TowelsRus turban towels to replace the others. I've only used the one so far, and it's very thick, excellent quality towelling, and very absorbant. Very pleased with it.

Coming Home: for Christmas
Coming Home: for Christmas

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 21 Dec. 2014
Gentle and totally predictable, this story is for you if you want something warm and easy to read, with absolutely no exercise for the brain. The only thing that wasn't predictable was the ending - the outcome was obvious, the abruptness wasn't. It was as if the writer had suddenly got bored with the whole thing. Very odd.

Sonic Highways
Sonic Highways

5.0 out of 5 stars Go, Foos!, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Sonic Highways (Audio CD)
Unusually for me, I liked this album immediately - it usually takes me a while to get into new albums. For anyone expecting, and hoping, for the Foos to be rocking through the whole thing, they're likely to be a bit disappointed. However, for me, after two loud and solid rock tracks, the songs are mostly a lot quieter. Fine by me, as they show off Dave Grohl's great voice all the more. Love it!

Town & Country Boot Jack - Teal
Town & Country Boot Jack - Teal
Offered by Simple DIY

5.0 out of 5 stars it's easily washed. Good stuff, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Town & Country Boot Jack - Teal
We were having problems finding an all-plastic boot jack. Country stores and riding equipment suppliers all seem to have stopped stocking plastic boot jacks, and gone for expensive wooden ones. When we keep our equipment in a damp stable block, a wooden jack isn't going to last long. So, thankfully, I found these boot jacks (available in a couple of colours), whioch are exactly what we needed. The colour is irrelvant, really, as it was soon covered in mud but, then again, being plastic, it's easily washed. Good stuff.

Open: An Autobiography
Open: An Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars Very mixed feelings, 2 Nov. 2014
I loved Andre Agassi - his looks, his apparent shyness, his cracking tennis playing. I looked forward to seeing him and watching him. and openly admit his attraction wasn't just his tennis! Back to the present, and this book had me alternately feeling sorry for him because of his very hard childhood at the hands of his, quite frankly, bullying father, who was unable to show his youngest child any love. I could quite understand why Agassi soon learned to hate tennis, but it was all he knew. Before I'd got halfway through the book, though, I was starting to get a little irritated at the constant 'poor little me' attitude he adopted, and wondered WHY, being in the US where seeking therapy is almost a way of life, he didn't do the same. Then I got irritated with myself for not siding with him, and was relieved that he had people beside him all the way through his career, people who really cared for him. It's a sad story in many ways, that this was a very gifted man who spent so much of his young life doing something that gave him so much physical and mental pain. However, through this hard life, he was able to help many and was, in the end, able to achieve a lot in the tennis world, and was content with his lot. I really hope he still is, as he still comes over as a genuinely lovely person, someone who's not afraid to show his true feelings. The photo on the cover says it all, really.

Everybody Wants
Everybody Wants

5.0 out of 5 stars A great discovery, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Everybody Wants (Audio CD)
Saw this band at the Isle of Wight Festival and then at the Victorious Festival in Southsea, and was very impressed. They are rock, but fairly light, and just plain fun. The singer, Luke Spiller has a cracking voice, a voice capable of singing a variety of styles, as proved by both this album and the one he did with and for Mike Oldfield. Luke seems to take on a number of guises, and there's a track on this album where the band sounds like Queen (Mr Spiller takes some of his on-stage poses from Freddie Mercury), and another where they sound somewhat like T-Rex. No matter, though, as The Struts have some fine songs, none of them with bland lyrics and, with their current tour, they should be very well-known by next year. If you buy the album, play it LOUD!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5