Profile for Dizza > Reviews

Content by Dizza

Dizza

Gender, Branding, and the Modern Music Industry: The Social Construction of Female Popular Music Stars
by Kristin Lieb
Price: 22.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Well informed and constructed. A truly great read., 27 April 2013
I am stunned by this book. What an amazingly honest account of todays marketing of female pop stars. As a music industry professional myself, I can relate to what Lieb is saying and she offers amazing further insight into the branding processes that female pop stars go through. I borrowed this from the library and now I am going to buy it because I know that I will need to refer to this title again, as it is a real mine of information.

iRig Mic Handheld Microphone for Audio and Vocal Recordings Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad - Black / Silver
Price: 40.64

1.0 out of 5 stars Input is broken, 19 April 2013
Very disappointed to be honest, as when it arrived I unpacked it and tried it out, and straight away could notice that the mini jack input is defective and makes a crackling sounds and doesn't work unless help at a very awkward angle - on both my iPad and iPhone (I checked, just to make sure that it wasn't my iPad headphone socket). I am going to have to send it back and asked for a replacement. hopefully the second one will work! Does anyone know a better brand or design in case the replacement is also broken? Thanks

Ladies Navy Suede Moccasin Slippers Fur Lining & Collar,Hardwearing Sole.size 6
Ladies Navy Suede Moccasin Slippers Fur Lining & Collar,Hardwearing Sole.size 6
Offered by The Slippers Shop
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hehe... I feel like a grandma, 15 May 2012
I love these slippers. Everyone has taken the mickey out of me for my fluffy old-school slippers, but they really are great! The hard plastic sole is great and they are so warm and solid! I caught sight of myself wearing them the other day, and burst out laughing, just because of the fluff coming out like an older man's hair-do.... but I don't care. They are warm and snuggly, practical and such a great price!

Buff Wool Buff Multifunctional Headwear Navy 23 cm
Buff Wool Buff Multifunctional Headwear Navy 23 cm
Price: 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars My boyfriend loves this..., 15 May 2012
I bought this for my boyfriend, who has just really got into merino wool for all his cycling needs. He loves it so much, and wears it all the time, even now that it's getting warmer! Merino is great for sports as it is warming but also dries very fast so doesn't leave you cold with sweat. As well as that, because it is natural fibre rather than synthetic, it doesn't smell! A really great gift for yourself or for yourself! I would even recommend it to non-sporty people.

26" x 26" inch Hollow fibre Cushion Pad Insert Fillers (65 x 65 cm)
26" x 26" inch Hollow fibre Cushion Pad Insert Fillers (65 x 65 cm)
Offered by E 4 Emporium Limited
Price: 5.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 15 May 2012
These were the cheapest 26" cushions I could find, and they are a good price! The only problem I have with them is that the stuffing doesn't quite fill out to the corner of the cushion, meaning it doesn't quite fill my cushion cover properly, which is a bit of a shame. I'm sure with a bit of pulling and fluffing I might be able to get it into more of a square, rather than boulder, shape! Apart from that, it is very springy and soft and a great product at a very reasonable price.

Herbal Chart: Women's
Herbal Chart: Women's
by Liz Cook
Edition: Wall Chart

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS!, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Herbal Chart: Women's (Wall Chart)
These charts by Liz Cook are the best, and this is such a good price! Really happy with it, plus it came super fast

Canon Bright Paper Recycled 80gsm 500 Sheets per Ream A4 White - Ref 76435 (1 Ream)
Price: 21.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't ask for more!, 15 May 2012
The original packaging was slightly damaged, so I think that is why it was so cheap. But the paper inside was in perfect condition and I am so happy I found this product at this price, otherwise I would have had to buy non-recycled paper... which would kinda mess with my ethics.

CAT Footwear Women's Mardy Fur Chestnut P303788 6 UK
CAT Footwear Women's Mardy Fur Chestnut P303788 6 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars The best boots by far..., 1 July 2011
I love these boots. They are hardwearing and all I could ever ask for in a pair of snugs.
I hope they last as long as some reviewers have, then I will be a very happy bunny indeed!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Can use it as a spare..., 1 July 2011
Awful case.
Seemed to be covered in some sort of chemical wash thatcame off on my face and hands. I could taste it on my hands after washing them.
NOT GOOD!

Also, it's bright barbie pink and the magnets really stick out. The design means that it the case covers the mic and speaker.

Totally not gonna use this....