Profile for M. PRIOR > Reviews

Content by M. PRIOR

M. PRIOR (Wiltshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Whiteoak Heritage (Whiteoaks of Jalna saga / Mazo De la Roche)
Whiteoak Heritage (Whiteoaks of Jalna saga / Mazo De la Roche)
by Mazo Roche

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
excellent!

The Red Pelican
The Red Pelican
by Jon Arensen

5.0 out of 5 stars A war story with a difference, 25 May 2014
This review is from: The Red Pelican (Paperback)
A considerable part of this book describes Dick Lyth's activities during the second world war when he led a group of the Sudan Defence Force in one of the remotest regions of Africa. It is worth getting the book to read that alone, if you like stories from remote regions. But there is much more to this book. After the war Dick became a very competent District Commissioner in Sudan, and it was an eye-opener to discover what a DC in a very underdeveloped region had to do. It is particularly interesting to read this in the light of the troubles in recently independent South Sudan all these years later. Some things change, Some things do not.

Emotional Healing For Dummies
Emotional Healing For Dummies
by David Beales

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 1 Feb 2011
For those who are interested in improving their own emotional health, or in counselling or supporting others with emotional health problems, this is an exceedingly useful book containing much helpful and stimulating information.

Samsung P2450H 24 inch widescreen 2ms DVI TFT LCD Monitor (Rose Red)
Samsung P2450H 24 inch widescreen 2ms DVI TFT LCD Monitor (Rose Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Jan 2011
I am greatly pleased with my purchase of this 24" monitor, which enhances my use of my PC greatly and is a great improvement on my previous 19" screen.
My PC happens to have a dvi output. The suppliers have thought of everything and put in the box a dvd to dvi cable, a vga to vga cable, a UK mains plug and a continental mains plug. The monitor itself also has a hdmi socket. When I first used this monitor I used a dvi to hdmi adaptor, which was ok except that it defaulted to low resolution every time I turned the computer off and on again. Since I have been using the dvi to dvi cable it always defaults to high resolution, which of course is much more satisfactory.

Riverdance: The Best Of Riverdance [DVD]
Riverdance: The Best Of Riverdance [DVD]
Offered by allmystuffffff

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight, 3 Nov 2010
This video is a mixture of exerpts from many different performances. But apart from a somewhat slow introduction it is exciting and colourful, and my wife and I found it sheer delight. We never got to see 'Riverdance' live, but this must be the next best thing. First rate value for money!

In Christ Alone
In Christ Alone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 29 Mar 2010
This review is from: In Christ Alone (MP3 Download)
Christine Getty is a lovely singer of Christian music. Such things are always a matter of personal taste, of course, but if you like the Gettys' style of music you will like this selection.

Panasonic SDR-S26 Flash Memory Camcorder With SD Card Slot - Black
Panasonic SDR-S26 Flash Memory Camcorder With SD Card Slot - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice lightweight camcorder, 11 Sep 2009
My biggest problem to start with was that the refresh rate was slow, giving a jerky blurred effect when filming fast-moving objects or when panning. However, when I realised that it had a variable adjustable 'shutter speed' which can be changed (see Operating Instructions) I was able to put this right. The default shutter was set at 1/50 second and I have changed this to 1/250 sec. Since then I have had a lot of fun with this camcorder. It is very lightweight, having no motorised parts, which makes it extremely portable. Often I slip it into my jacket pocket when I am out and about. Being inexpensive, we have a case here of 'You get what you pay for.' Picture definition is not fully up to the standard of my previous dv tape camcorder. There is no viewfinder, only an lcd screen. The still picture facility is low-definition - about the same standard as a cheap mobile phone camera. Having said that, I enjoy using this camera and have made some quite good home movies on it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2009 11:19 AM GMT

Genuine Pure Accessory - ChargePAK C6L Rechargeable Battery Pack for Pure Evoke-3, Élan II, One Classic and One Elite Radios
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 16 April 2009
So far so good. It is still new as I write, but so far it does what it is supposed to do.

Evening [DVD]
Evening [DVD]
Dvd ~ Natasha Richardson

2.0 out of 5 stars not for us, 7 May 2008
This review is from: Evening [DVD] (DVD)
My wife and I did try to like this film. We failed. You may like this film if you like a slow-moving plot, but this one moved forward at snail's pace, constantly interrupted by jumps from one time-period to another. Why did the film-makers use this device? The plot would have worked just as satisfactorily if the events had moved in chronological order.

Next [DVD]
Next [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by DVDBayFBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty lame plot, but fun., 15 April 2008
This review is from: Next [DVD] (DVD)
This has the same basic idea as "Sliding Doors", namely the exploration of alternative futures. It is an action thriller which is fun to watch, provided you suspend your belief in reality completely and sit back to enjoy a pot-pourri of Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and an urban shoot-fest at the end.

Page: 1 | 2