Profile for Len Loullis > Reviews

Islands Of Scotland [DVD]
Offered by Sent2u
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Islands Of Scotland [DVD] (DVD)
Anyone who has been to Scotland knows what a beautiful country it is and this DVD set shows that fact in detail.
The photography is excellent and the facts given about the various islands is very informative. I also learned how to pronounce the names properly.
The commentary has been criticised. One should bear in mind that John Carmichael is Scottish. I should that he would find my accent (London) hard to understand.
An excellent set of DVDs and my eager anticipation was not disappointed.
We have already lost one Jewel in the Crown. I sincerely hope we do not lose another with Scottish independence.
Two points: I have been criticised for saying that we do not want to lose another Jewel In The Crown. My point is that the English, Welsh and Irish are proud that Scotland is part of the United Kingdom. We do not want to lose it.
These DVDs are far superior to entertainment on offer these days - films are all about lovely looking girls, mean looking hombres, silly looking monsters and absolutely impossible special effects.
People should not be so critical.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2013 4:44 PM BST

Very Best of
Very Best of
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Incomparable, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
A truly incomparable tenor voice -,and this is not only my opinion. Koussevitzky once said to him, "Yours is a voice such as is heard once in a hundred years”
I would go further. I would say "ever"

Columbo: Series 6 and 7 [DVD]
Columbo: Series 6 and 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Falk
Offered by Top of the Charts
Price: 7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Unforgettable, 29 Mar 2013
There could only ever be one Columbo, as there could only ever be one inimitable Peter Falk, who sadly passed away recently.
He was described as a real nice guy.That certainly comes across.
An unforgettable Series.

Attenborough in Paradise (Repackaged) [DVD]
Attenborough in Paradise (Repackaged) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sir David Attenborough
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 6.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 29 Mar 2013
Another first-rate and fascinating insight into the world of Nature. The cameramen deserve equal praise with Sir David Attenborough. Between them they produce first-class DVDs.
Thoroughly recommended.

Black Belt Sudoku (Volume 1) su doku
Black Belt Sudoku (Volume 1) su doku
by Pete Sinden
Price: 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Hand Crafted, 15 Nov 2012
I was glad to see that the given numbers in this book were symmetrical, a sign of hand-crafted Sudoku puzzles.
Pete Sinden is a bit of a brainbox, so most of them are quite difficult.
An excellent book of puzzles, well worth the asking price.

IMCO PIPE / CIGAR / SLANTED FLAME LIGHTER CHROME G55R
IMCO PIPE / CIGAR / SLANTED FLAME LIGHTER CHROME G55R

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 15 Nov 2012
I've had a few pipe lighters over the years but none as good as this one. It isn't too big or small, looks very stylish and works very well indeed. Very highly recommended.

The Human Body [DVD]
The Human Body [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Winston
Price: 6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, 14 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Human Body [DVD] (DVD)
A fascinating insight into the miracle of the human body. It is very informative, detailed, amusing and at times very touching.
Tracking the body from it's conception to the end of life, there are just under 6 hours of first-rate viewing.
Modern technology gives us, for the first time, the opportunity of seeing internal organs working tirelessly to keep us alive.
Fantastic and unmissable.

Battery Powered Desk Back Light LCD Digital Alarm Clock
Battery Powered Desk Back Light LCD Digital Alarm Clock
Offered by sourcingmap
Price: 7.22

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but..., 3 Oct 2012
A very neat looking clock but very difficult to see what the time is. It has a see-through dial and has to have a bright coloured background before you can see anything. I had to tape a piece of coloured card on the back of it.
Also the backlight isn't bright enough, so completely useless for night use, which was precisely what I wanted it for. It now resides in a local recycling centre.
Sorry, but a waste of money.

Bambi  [DVD]
Bambi [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hardie Albright
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Bambi [DVD] (DVD)
One of Walt Disney's all-time greats. I saw this full-length cartoon when I was a little boy and have never forgotten it. I recently bought it for my great-grandson.
I would recommend it to anyone.

THE PENGUIN SUDOKU CHALLENGEM VOLUME 1: 365 BRAND NEW SUDOKU FOR EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR PLUS THE LATEST ADDICTIVE JAPANESE PUZZLES By Bodycombe, David J. (Author) Paperback on 28-Dec-2010
by David J. Bodycombe

4.0 out of 5 stars Muddled Up, 17 July 2012
The puzzles themselves are fine and I was glad to see that the given numbers are symmetrical - the sign of a quality Sudoku puzzle.
I have docked a star because the levels of difficulty are very inconsistent. Most of the 1-star puzzles are far more difficult than 5-star and conversely some 5-star are so easy as to be ridiculous.
6 out of 10 Mr B. You must try harder.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3