Profile for London Mum > Reviews

London Mum (London)

ESPRIT Boy's Hooded Long Sleeve Sweatshirt, Blu (BRIGHT BLUE 410), 9 Years
ESPRIT Boy's Hooded Long Sleeve Sweatshirt, Blu (BRIGHT BLUE 410), 9 Years

4.0 out of 5 stars Came up small on my slim 9 year old. ..., 27 Jun. 2016
Came up small on my slim 9 year old. Shame because it was a lovely sweatshirt, would have been 5 star otherwise

Puzzle Jungle (Usborne Young Puzzles)
Puzzle Jungle (Usborne Young Puzzles)
by Susannah Leigh

3.0 out of 5 stars a bit too green, 1 May 2012
I generally love these books however in this one every page was very green and visually a bit samey. I guess that's what you get in a jungle! Other books in the series are excellent and we will definitely buy some more.

Dr. Seuss Flash Cards - 123 (Dr Seuss Flash Cards)
Dr. Seuss Flash Cards - 123 (Dr Seuss Flash Cards)
by The Five Mile Press

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant present, 26 May 2010
These cards were a gift for my 2 year old and he loved them from go. Firstly for the pictures and rhymes and now (at 3y) for the numbers. They have been played with over and over. Fantastic quality, brilliant Dr Seuss craziness, educational, fun and does not require batteries. A middle class parents dream gift! Highly recommended.

Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales)
Noisy Animals (Usborne Farmyard Tales)
by Felicity Brooks

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as noisy town, 26 May 2010
As a rule I love usborne books but have to admit am a little disappointed by this one. The animal sounds are great and the pictures lovely but the story is just rubbish and really repetative. By contrast the noisy town book has it all, great sounds, fabulous pictures with loads going on and good text. My advice... buy noisy town!

Orchard Toys Shopping List
Orchard Toys Shopping List

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game for young children, 26 May 2010
This review is from: Orchard Toys Shopping List (Toy)
My 2 1/2 year old son simply loves this game. Admittedly he does not 'play by the rules yet' but loves giving me a shopping list and trolley and then finding all the food. Educational, fun, durable, inexpensive, what more could a parent ask for. Highly recommended.

Tales From Acorn Wood: Three lift-the-flap stories
Tales From Acorn Wood: Three lift-the-flap stories
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 26 May 2010
Great collection of Julia Donaldson stories, lovely pictures, sturdy flaps to add interest and the paperback format means you can pack 3 fabulous stories in a bag for holiday/ trip out without taking up too much room or weight. Most importantly my son (2 years) loves it and it has been read over and over. Brilliant book.

Peekabooks: Peekaboo Pets
Peekabooks: Peekaboo Pets
by Emily Bolam

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 26 May 2010
We have many many children's books and I think this one is firmly in the 'could do better' category. To be fair, my children quite like it but I can't help feeling that you don't get much for your money, a few pages, a few flaps, nothing original.

Lift-the-flap Nursery Book
Lift-the-flap Nursery Book
by Rod Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars great book to take on a trip, 26 May 2010
We bought this book for my son when he was 1 and it has been read and read and read. Lots of different rhymes and flaps to interest small children and it is perfect to take on holiday or on a trip when packing space is limited. Another Rod Campbell hit.

The Elephant and the Bad Baby (Puffin Picture Books)
The Elephant and the Bad Baby (Puffin Picture Books)
by Elfrida Vipont

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 26 May 2010
A fantastic bedtime read that my 2 year old loves. Lots of interesting pictures, lovely rhythm to story and a good lesson about manners too, highly recommended.

Hamleys Hamleys Tube Train
Hamleys Hamleys Tube Train

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect third birthday present, 26 May 2010
This review is from: Hamleys Hamleys Tube Train (Toy)
My son received this for his third birthday and he LOVES it. It has so far been on many adventures around the house and to all the London stations he can think of. I didn't know that Willesden Junction was under the sofa.... We live in London so the tube is familiar to him but I think it would be a hit with most children his age. Great little toy.