Profile for Securityboyz > Reviews

Securityboyz

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cooler Master Jas Pro Portable Aluminium Stand for Macbook/Laptop
Cooler Master Jas Pro Portable Aluminium Stand for Macbook/Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality and functions accordingly, 22 Aug. 2013
Excellent build quality. In addition, this stand has also improved my posture when using my Air. If you want a cool looking functional stand, then look no further.

Android Security: Attacks and Defenses
Android Security: Attacks and Defenses
by Anmol Misra

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and includes Android 4.3, 22 Aug. 2013
One of my personal favorites and bible on Android security, which includes references to the Android 4.3 release. This starts you off on the basics of Android architecture,including start-up and Zygote as well as Android security. The book then walks you through recent attacks, pen testing, reverse engineering, code modification and hacking. There is also the added benefit of being able to download a tutorial which highlights how easy it is to modify an apps behavior to add or remove functionality. An excellent read and worth the investment.

Hacking Exposed Mobile: Security Secrets & Solutions
Hacking Exposed Mobile: Security Secrets & Solutions
by Neil Bergman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough depth, 22 Aug. 2013
The 'Hacking the cellular network' section was interesting for understanding the basics but just didn't go into enough detail on the potential threats. The 'Android' section relevant to lots of our work at ID Theft Protect also wasn't as in depth. Maybe I was expecting too much. If you want to learn about mobile security and hacking at an elementary level, then this book is good for you.

Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse
Offered by Brandzit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse, 26 Sept. 2012
Takes a little getting used too but when you do, you will never look back. Great mouse, well engineered and has good battery life too (just remember to switch it off when not in use). A must have, even if you like to use the excellent Apple trackpad.

Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition 7.0 (Mac) (inc. Parallels Desktop 7.0 and USB cable)

5.0 out of 5 stars Parallels is unparalleled - enjoy Windows on a Mac!, 28 Jan. 2012
Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition 7.0 comes with a USB cable/converter which allows you to easily transfer your Windows software from PC to Parallels on Mac OS X and a CD with the software on. After starting Mac OS X (this was done in the Apple Store) on my new MacBook Air and setting up my wireless connection for broadband, I installed the Parallels CD and it asked to connect to the Internet to check for any updates - it found one core update and duly downloaded and installed the latest version. It was all done in about 5 minutes. Next up was to install Windows 7 Professional. Again this was very easy and took around 10 mins after I had done some diagnostic checks (to make sure Windows 7 executed correctly). I rebooted my MacBook Air (you don't have to do this) and everything loaded within 20 seconds. Very quick. I then went about installing my Windows software including MS Office 2007 for Windows and copying my backup files from my PC laptop using a Flash USB. I was able to setup Windows 7 to my personal preference without having an automated process manage the transfer (i.e. the USB cable/converter). I've been working with Parallels 7.0 for the best part of two weeks and can only say that I'm impressed. You can run Windows on your Mac and side-by-side with the excellent Mac OS X Lion. One criticism I have right now is that I'm unable to connect to my office SBS server with either the Windows VM nor Lion. Probably an AD or DNS issue although I've read reports online that Lion has network issues when talking to all versions of SBS, which as of today remains unresolved. Note: there is no noticeable degrading of performance on the MacBook Air when using Parallels VM - I'd go as far as to say it's faster running Windows 7 on the Mac than my higher specified Windows laptop - now that tells you something!! Don't listen to the media when they tell you Windows doesn't work on a Mac! Trust me!

BlackBerry PlayBook Journal Case Black leather, ACC-40278-201 (Black leather)
BlackBerry PlayBook Journal Case Black leather, ACC-40278-201 (Black leather)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money if you want to protect your PB, 1 Dec. 2011
Nice look and feel to this leather case. My only gripes are it adds bulk (and weight) to the PB and the volume and on/off buttons are very difficult to press. I often take out the PB out just to feel the quality. Knocked off one star for the above gripes.

IBRA® 2m High Speed PRO GOLD RED HDMI v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent build quality, audio and video, 29 April 2011
Purchased this HDMI cable with Apple TV - not disappointed. Very good build - solid and looks expensive. Does what it is designed to do - good audio and video quality with no noticable degradation.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Apple style and build but...., 29 April 2011
This is Apple to the core - excellent design and build - but to be honest quite shockingly for Apple UK customers, it is lacking content. These cloud-based media streaming devices live or die by their content. No BBC iPlayer, Last.fm for example. The ability to play music through your TV/amp from iTunes on your laptop and the use of a new function called Airplay persuaded me to part with my cash. Airplay allows you to stream music and videos from your iPhone, iPad and iPod to your TV. One thing I have noticed is that when it streams YouTube it's a lot slower than when I stream directly from my laptop. Worth buying? If you are Apple brand mad - then yes.

Apple iPod Nano 8GB - Pink - 6th Generation
Apple iPod Nano 8GB - Pink - 6th Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, beautiful and slick, 15 April 2011
My headline says it all. Bought this for my GF and she loves it. Recently updated to the latest OS 1.1 and did notice that some album artwork wasn't showing - all we got was a fuzzy picture (like on the old analogue TVs). Resyncing with iTunes and all was fixed. It's not cheap, but it's beautifully engineered (as is most things from Apple) and the OS is very reactive on touch gestures. Recommended by my GF - I have the ipod 4th Gen which is equally a great device but for listening to music the iPod Nano is hard to beat.

Stealing Your Life: The Ultimate Identity Theft Prevention Plan
Stealing Your Life: The Ultimate Identity Theft Prevention Plan
by Frank W. Abagnale

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 29 Mar. 2011
As an id fraud expert and being involved in the security industry this was an interesting read. Franks tips are still relevant today - wonder what Michael Sabo would have to say about this book? ;)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3