Profile for MrsFussy73 > Reviews

Content by MrsFussy73

MrsFussy73

Page: 1 | 2
MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPad Mini 1 / iPad Mini 2 (i.e. iPad Mini with Retina Screen) (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic as always, 15 Feb 2014
I have been using MediaDevil screen protectors on various gadgets for quite a while now, and continue to default to their products each time I have something new. I've never been disappointed. As with most things, getting a good finish is in the prep. Do follow the instructions, I think the first time I applied one I watched a short video, which helped. In a house of kids and pets, with dust and pet hair flying around, I hoover the room, allow everything to settle, close doors and windows, ban anyone from coming in (!) and begin. I light the screen with a desk lamp, polish the screen with the supplied cloth, cut a length of parcel tape off and smooth it repeatedly over the screen until it has all been done, which takes off any remaining dust particles. That's my prep, and I get a good finish each time, hope this helps someone !
MediaDevil always have shipped extremely fast to me and my latest purchase was ordered at 8.30am one day and arrived 9.30 am the following. 5 star product, 5 star company.

CLULITE CLU10 CLASSIC RECHARGEABLE TORCH
CLULITE CLU10 CLASSIC RECHARGEABLE TORCH
Offered by CharliesDirect
Price: 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a really good rechargeable torch, 22 Dec 2013
After a succession of rubbish rechargeable torches, and reading endless reviews, I plumped for this one. It's great. Works as it should, the recharging point is logical and accessible, and the beam is good. Have had this for 10 months now, and after it stopped working last week I thought it was possibly another piece of junk - but no, it just needed a new bulb, and away it goes again. We use it for dog walking generally, in all weathers, and I'd recommend it.

Hose to fit Dyson DC33 - DC33i - DC33 Animal: Brand new complete superior quality hose
Offered by Suds-Online
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original Dyson one, 22 Dec 2013
I bought this to replace the rubbish quality one that was supplied with the Dyson, that as predicted, split quickly. This is far superior to the Dyson one and has now lasted far longer than the original.

25 PINK Mailing Bags Postal Sacks 170 x 230 6.5 x 9
25 PINK Mailing Bags Postal Sacks 170 x 230 6.5 x 9
Offered by All-Pack Solutions
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong, 22 Dec 2013
These are very tough bags, ideal for sending clothes in, seal well too. Colour is as it appears on the item photos. Pleased.

Zebco 2.00M 2 Sect Pond Net - Silver/Black, 25X17.5 cm
Zebco 2.00M 2 Sect Pond Net - Silver/Black, 25X17.5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 22 Dec 2013
This is really nice quality, extension mechanism works well, does what I would expect it to ! 5 stars !

Fuloon 4M x 4M 512 LED Party christmas xmas String Fairy Wedding Curtain Light 8 Modes for Choice (Warm white)
Offered by Kastone electronics
Price: 26.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Hours of my time wasted !, 22 Dec 2013
I bought 3 sets of these as lights to wrap around my trees in my front garden. Ideal as they have 16 separate lines of lights each 4metres long. So I spent hours winding these carefully around the branches, setting up the electrical system so that the controllers and plugs are in the dry. They looked amazing, but sadly not for long.
Firstly I would point out that they are not what I would call warm white, the traditional yellowish glow. They are white. I decided to ignore this. Secondly, these have the controller that does not have a 'memory', so you need to reset it to your chosen twinkle/steady/flash each time you turn them on. Pretty annoying, but again I chose to go ahead and put them up. Thirdly, they come with a two pin plug and an adaptor that is not ideal.
Most importantly, the first set gave up entirely after about 30 minutes. The second set, two lines of lights went out after a day. The third set haven't be turned on since, so maybe they'd be okay, but they're going back with the others.
So three days before christmas, we are taking the lights down to return. Some of the led's look discoloured inside the 'sealed' unit. I don't think these are suitable in any way for outside. I will have no lights outside for christmas, which pees me off hugely. I wasted a day off work that I took off just to put up these lights.
Now I know this is a minor annoyance in the general scheme of life, but the tragedy is, that if these lights were actually fit for purpose, they were initially stunning and would have 5 stars. Sadly like so many things, they seem to be not made to last.

Full Size Standing Mannequin Tailor's Dummy Antique Repro Grey Wood Shabby Chic
Full Size Standing Mannequin Tailor's Dummy Antique Repro Grey Wood Shabby Chic

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Dec 2013
Excellent value for money. Looks really nice in photos for online selling of my clothes. Delivery fast. I am pleased in every aspect.

MediaDevil / PhoneDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (2 x FRONT Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars superb product, 26 Aug 2011
Had a screensaver supplied with a case that was ok, but I didn't like the fact that you could see it, rather than the lovely crisp screen. Ordered this product, which arrived super fast, took the time to apply it as it should be done (the sellotape trick for getting screen spotless is brilliant), and the end result is fantastic and invisible. I'm really pleased with it, have had it on for quite a while now, and still looks perfect. Highly recommended.

Transcend 16GB Premium SDHC Class 10 Memory Card [Frustration-free Packaging]
Transcend 16GB Premium SDHC Class 10 Memory Card [Frustration-free Packaging]
Price: 7.59

1.0 out of 5 stars heartbreaking piece of garbage, 15 Aug 2011
I purchased this card to go with my new DSLR as my old was a class 4, and I was advised that class 10 is a must. I have used my old byte stor card for a couple of years with no problem. I formatted the card in the camera before using it, and it failed on the third use. I had an amazing opportunity to photograph young tigers playing, and got some great action shots - playing in water, climbing trees and playing with my kids. Once in a lifetime stuff. Whilst videoing these beautiful tigers, the camera stopped recording and read card error. Having downloaded recovery software, the card could not be recognised, so I had to decide to reformat the card and attempt recovery after the format as the images should still be there. The card will not format. All these photos and videos of a precious day lost. DON'T BUY THIS CARD, and Amazon - you really shouldn't sell this garbage, photos are personal treasures. I'm heartbroken that I cannot share the memories with my husband, who couldn't be with us, and furious that this is such a piece of junk.

Salter Stainless Steel 1035 SSBKDR Platform Electronic Kitchen Scale
Salter Stainless Steel 1035 SSBKDR Platform Electronic Kitchen Scale
Offered by Harts Of Stur
Price: 11.85

5.0 out of 5 stars electronic is great !, 23 Nov 2010
I purchased these scales as my old traditional ones were bulky and a pain to weigh and add. These are great, I can use whatever bowl I like on them, weigh and add quickly and my nine year old can easily read the grams display. Keep a spare battery to hand though, as the one provided lasted very briefly ! No complaints for the money

Page: 1 | 2