Profile for Onsville chap > Reviews

C.K. G7915 Interlock Hose Connector 5/8In
C.K. G7915 Interlock Hose Connector 5/8In
Offered by The Big Boys Toy Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Nov. 2014
At last a connector that fits my tap. Rugged and well machined.

Spanish-English Dictionary
Spanish-English Dictionary

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 28 Nov. 2014
Does not seem to have any words that I do not know already.

Bathroom corner glass shelve, Aluminum Bathroom Glass Corner Shelf Wall Mounted, Silver Sand Sprayed Shelves, Kitchen shelves BY ABBEGO

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted to receive this good looking aluminium bathroom shelf for ..., 27 Oct. 2014
Delighted to receive this good looking aluminium bathroom shelf for our cloakroom.
It was delivered in good time and well packed. The item was exactly as described on the web site.
Being aluminium I am very hopeful that it will not succumb to rust as previous so called stainless steel ones have.

Damned Good Show (R.A.F. Quartet Book 3)
Damned Good Show (R.A.F. Quartet Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and thought provoking., 27 May 2014
There is a story without a plot linking the book together which makes it easier to follow the interesting facts about Bomber Command's role at the beginning of the Second World War.

1Q84: Books 1 and 2
1Q84: Books 1 and 2

3.0 out of 5 stars Started well and then became childish., 7 Dec. 2013
This book because of its content is not for children, but the plot and SF content is childish and unbelievable. This is a pity as the writing is good and the descriptions vivid. Having finished book 2 (book 1 was much better) with difficulty, hoping that the ending might be believable, I had no interest whatsoever in reading book 3.

South by Java Head
South by Java Head

5.0 out of 5 stars A page turning thriller., 19 Oct. 2013
It is at least 30 years since I read a book by Alistair Maclean. I thought I had read most of them and I also thought that over such a large passage of time I would find his books dated. I found this book as exciting as 30 odd years ago and not particularly dated.
A very good read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars It solves my dandruff., 19 Oct. 2013
Selsun was recommended to me by my GP some 25 years ago. I use it for about 3 or 4 hair washes in a row when things get bad. I then go back to using a standard anti-dandruff shampoo such as head and shoulders. When Head and shoulders stops being effective I use the Selsun again. It should not be used all the time, but it is extremely effective over several months.
Unfortunately it is difficult to find outlets that sell this shampoo and my local pharmacy told me that it was no longer being manufactured. Fortunately I found that it was being supplied on this web site, which dispatched it quickly after a call from their Pharmacist to ensure that I knew what I was buying. I am very pleased with the product and the web site.

Seiko QHL050S LCD Alarm Clock with World Time
Seiko QHL050S LCD Alarm Clock with World Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Best alarm clock yet, 4 Aug. 2013
It is small, easy to set, yet has a loud alarm call. I never use a snooze button so whether it has one or whether it works does not concern me. The alarm has a lock button so that one cannot reset it by accident. When one travels one unlocks the clock, sets the clock to the new time zone and then re-locks the clock. I used to have a Seiko radio controlled alarm but although it was accurate, it would unexpectedly reset itself to a different time zone. Accuracy in the wrong time zone did not endear the clock to my wife when we were awakened hours earlier than necessary. Simplicity is best and this is simple.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 12:09 PM GMT

Spanish Translator
Spanish Translator

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot type in a word and get an answer., 9 July 2013
This review is from: Spanish Translator (App)
This does not work on a Kindle Fire as a translator.
You cannot type in a word and get its English equivalent as you can with an electronic dictionary. The onyl way of finding a word is by finding its approximate location and then tapping through word page after word page until you find the word you are looking for. A paper book is much much quicker.

Collins Concise Spanish-English Dictionary
Collins Concise Spanish-English Dictionary

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a dictionary as I know it, 5 July 2013
It is almost impossible to look up a word in this dictionary. It may work for translating when reading in Spanish on the kindle, but if you hear a word and want to look it up you cannot , as there seems to be no simple way to find the main entry for the word. Instead one is given a listing of every entry of the word in the whole book. The alternative of searching using location is extremely cumbersome as one can only find the approximate location of a word and then has to flick through word by word (perhaps through 100 words) until you find the word you want. A total waste of money.

Page: 1 | 2