Profile for The Knitting Gnome > Reviews

Content by The Knitting Gnome

The Knitting Gnome (Berkshire,England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TTfone Mercury TT002 Big Button Easy to Use Senior Mobile Phone - Red
TTfone Mercury TT002 Big Button Easy to Use Senior Mobile Phone - Red
Offered by TTsims

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 29 April 2014
Bought this for my 88yr old father who had an overly complicated tiny mobile . This seems to fit the bill and the SOS function although fortunately not yet used is a good thing to have.
Programming phone numbers in was not as simple as I had hoped and the instructions did not seem to correspond with the responses on the phone but we managed eventually.
Would recommend this for someone looking for a simple to use phone.

Summer at the Lake
Summer at the Lake

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 29 April 2014
Would recommend this on a grey damp UK autumnal or winter weekend. Have been to Lake Como and it was good to head back if only in print.
I have not read an Erica James for a while and this was an excellent reacquaintance.
Don't waste this novel on a beach sitting in the sun...it is a cheer up book for the winter gloom

Interlink Pedestal Pronto 40 x 36 x 65 cm Beech
Interlink Pedestal Pronto 40 x 36 x 65 cm Beech

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful mobile storage, 29 April 2014
I have a bad record with flat pack furniture as I mentioned in other reviews but was encouraged to purchase this by other reviewers who commented on the ease of assembly.
I did manage to put it together alone. It was not difficult although the assembly diagrams could be easier to follow........not squashing them on to 1 piece of paper would solve that issue.
Sturdy piece of furniture and I would recommend it if anyone is looking for something that can be moved around a room or tucked beneath a desk.

Tetbury Large Chest of Drawers with Whitewash Baskets
Tetbury Large Chest of Drawers with Whitewash Baskets
Offered by Bedroom Furniture Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality piece of furniture, 29 April 2014
I needed this to provide storage in my sewing room and this fits the bill. It is very well made and looks just as in the picture. I would certainly buy another one if I need additional storage.

Bosch PSM 160 A Multi-Sander
Bosch PSM 160 A Multi-Sander

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanding......my new hobby., 29 April 2014
Really good tool. I am not DIY minded but wanted to restore a garden table and do a couple of painting jobs on other tables. This is a little heavy as another reviewer mentions but at least it is robust. Having read the reviews on similar products it seemed that putting up with a bit more weight in exchange for a product that performs the tasks it is supposed to do without falling to pieces is a small price to pay. I have quite small hands but find it easy to use .........nothing is now safe from a quick attack with the sander.

The Ides of April: Falco: The New Generation - Flavia Albia 1 (Falco: The Next Generation)

4.0 out of 5 stars I'll miss Falco but....., 8 Jan 2014
..I enjoyed this more than I had expected to.
Probably best to have read some of the earlier Falco novels to fully appreciate this one but as a long serving Falco fan I am eagerly awaiting the next case for Albia.......or maybe Falco himself will tire of auctioneering.
Great attention to historical details with a touch of humour.

The Knitting Experience: Purl Stitch Bk. 2 (The Knitting Experience Series)
The Knitting Experience: Purl Stitch Bk. 2 (The Knitting Experience Series)
by Sally Melville

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Too Many Knitting Books, 5 Dec 2013
Discovered this series by chance.....they are great books for both the experienced knitter and the beginner.
I have been knitting for a few years but really enjoy the patterns in the whole series. I have loaned it to friends learning to knit with great success. Inspiring pics as well. A must.

Pom-Pom Maker Large-2/Pkg 2-1/2" & 3-3/8"
Pom-Pom Maker Large-2/Pkg 2-1/2" & 3-3/8"
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Pain Free Pom poms, 5 Dec 2013
A great gadget. After struggling with the traditional cardboard circles and winding yarn off larger balls these were a godsend. The diagrams on the packaging could be better but the ease and speed of producing the finished items is well worth the few minutes it took to make sense of the the instructions. My 23 year old daughter and my 86yr old father are addicted to churning out pompms......no guesses as to what our Christmas decs will be this year and the best thing of all...no more odd balls of wool in my stash. A win win situation!

Suntime Camillion 2 Seater Bench Fsc
Suntime Camillion 2 Seater Bench Fsc
Offered by Fireplaces4life

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware!, 24 July 2013
I bought this bench after an internet search. I already had 2 benches of an Identical type (so I thought) purchased through another retailer-not on Amazon. These were in a sale and I purchased 2 @£45 each normal RRP£90 each. They were such good quality and easy to put together that I decided another one would be a good idea. However my original source no longer had any in stock. When I found this one however I was delighted..same model name,same manufacturer. When the package arrived everything appeared to be the same including the country of origin. I dutifully coated the bench pieces in teak oil as instructed and as I had done with the two previous benches. I became slightly concerned when the wood appeared to have been coated in something but decided it was my imagination.
The day that I coated the pieces was also our recycling collection day so I disposed of the box...HUGE MISTAKE.
The teak oil has never dried because obviously the bench had been coated in something even though the instructions advised treating the wood.
Some of the holes are miss drilled and some of the struts do not seem to be properly sited on the back panel. If it possible for a company to produce 2 standards of bench then this is obviously the 2nd grade......I suspect it may be one that was rejected by quality control but shipped out as a second not subsequently being sold as such.
I cannot send it back-treated and no packing so have a heap of expensive firewood...actually not even that because it would probably throw sparks out of the hearth .
Ho hum..the other 2 are such beauties too..
I know it was not expensive but even at this price it is a rip off-please do not buy it -it will only lead to disappointment

The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy
The Blackhouse: Book One of the Lewis Trilogy

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 20 Jun 2013
I was recommended to read this by an acquaintance who knew I was going to Lewis. I gave up reading it about 1/3 rd of the way through and thought I would probably never finish it in fact was glad that I hadn't purchased the whole trilogy. However since returning from my trip I have finished it and have to say that with knowledge of the Island I really enjoyed the book and will read the remaining 2.
If you have been to the Western Isles you will definitely enjoy reading The Blackhouse....if you haven't it may take some sticking power to get beyond the half way point but will be worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3