Profile for basiluzzo > Reviews

Wildlife Photographer of the Year Desk Diary 2014
Wildlife Photographer of the Year Desk Diary 2014
by Natural History Museum

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 19 Feb 2014
For more than 15 years I've been given a 'Country Living' Diary which I have become very attached to, but this year it didn't come so I decided to change completely and although I haven't had time yet to see all the very special photos and the notes by the photographers, there is plenty of space for appointments I am very happy with it.

The Last Asylum: A Memoir of Madness in our Times
The Last Asylum: A Memoir of Madness in our Times
by Barbara Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Investigation of care and the failure of care of mental illness in Britiain in the '80s, 19 Feb 2014
After reading Jenny Diski's review in the LBR and for reasons of my own I was interested to read this book and was not disappointed. Compelling because although harrowing to read it is beautifully written, It is about Barbara Taylor's own hellish journey through extreme mental illness (she calls them her madness years), her psychotherapy,and her years as a mental patient at Friern, but it is also a historical meditation on mental illness and mental health care in Britain in that period.

Lost Children: Story of Adopted Children Searching for Their Mothers (Coronet Books)
by Polly Toynbee

4.0 out of 5 stars True histories of adopted children seeking their natural mothers since the 1975 Children's Act, 19 Feb 2014
I think that this is an important book to read if you are adopted or are thinking of adopting. Deeply moving and thought provoking. The author comes to some uncomfortable conclusions. THe book arrived quicly and in reasonable condition.

Christmas Trees Confetti
Christmas Trees Confetti
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely table confetti, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Christmas Trees Confetti (Toy)
Good quality table confetti which arrived in good time for Christmas and looked good at Christmas party and I was very pleased with it

Am I Alone in Thinking... ?: Unpublished Letters to the Editor (Daily Telegraph)
by Iain Hollingshead

5.0 out of 5 stars Another in the series, very funny, 13 Feb 2014
This was a present to someone in hospital hoping it would cheer her up and I was told that it was very much appreciated

Embers
Embers
by Carol Brown Janeway

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have read in many years, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Embers (Paperback)
This was a present and because I enjoyed it so much have been giving it to fiends and relations that I think would appreciate it. I read it last summer and re read it immediately so as to enjoy the language slowly. An extraordinary book about friendship and old age. So sad that the author was never recognised as a great writer in his life time. I highly recommend it

Catch The Wind
Catch The Wind

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh! What a blast from the past!, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Catch The Wind (Audio CD)
Loved hearing all these beautiful Donovan songs again, and will enjoy having this CD to listen to again and again

Bohemia Crystal Provence Wine Glasses 6 Set 260 ml
Bohemia Crystal Provence Wine Glasses 6 Set 260 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive, 8 April 2013
I only gave this rating because there is soo little difference between this size and the 230 ml size that it is indistinguishable to the eye. Is there a slightly bigger size?

Bohemia Crystal Provence Wine Glasses 6 Set 230 ml
Bohemia Crystal Provence Wine Glasses 6 Set 230 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive, 8 April 2013
This parcel arrived very quickly and I like them very much. We used them on Easter day and found them to be attractive, and not too heavy.

Bohemia Crystal Provence Champagne Flute Set of 6 205 ml
Bohemia Crystal Provence Champagne Flute Set of 6 205 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive, 8 April 2013
This order arrived very quickly and I used them on Easter day, they are very attractive, not too heavy and I am very pleased with them.

Page: 1 | 2