Profile for J. Hales > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Log Book - Getting The Best From Your Woodburning Stove
The Log Book - Getting The Best From Your Woodburning Stove

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong, 27 Feb 2014
Good basic information presented clearly. If you have a wood burner go ahead and buy it. There will be something that you will learn.

Free-Form Embroidery with Judith Baker Montano: Transforming Traditional Stitches into Fiber Art

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book ,packed with ideas, 28 Mar 2013
Made me want to instantly rummage thought my photos, fabric and threads and get started on creating a master piece. The sort of book I'll keep going back to again and again. Love it, as I do her two embroidery stitch books.

Zakka Style: 24 Projects Stitched with Ease to Give, Use & Enjoy (Design Collective)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple ideas well presented, 28 Mar 2013
Probably not the best instructions if you are new to sewing, but some lovely ideas, and very simply and cleanly presented. I don't think you'd be disappointed if you go ahead and purchase it.

The Sketchbook Challenge: Techniques, Prompts, and Inspiration for Achieving Your Creative Goals

5.0 out of 5 stars My first arty kindle book, 28 Mar 2013
Was a bit concerned that I wouldn't get the same inspiration from a kindle book of this nature, but either because of the way it is put together or just because it is a very simple ideas book that holds your hand through various techniques, it was no less enjoyable than a printed book would have been. I am quite arty but have a fear of drawing. I am hopeful that this book will get be over my fear of drawing!

Surface Treatment Workshop: Explore 45 Mixed Media Techniques
Surface Treatment Workshop: Explore 45 Mixed Media Techniques
by Darlene Olivia McElroy

4.0 out of 5 stars A good reference book, 16 Sep 2012
A very well laid out book full of ideas and suggestions. A little bit too American in places in relation to products, but still an excellent resource for any mixed medai artist.

Evita - Original London Cast Recording
Evita - Original London Cast Recording

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beaten, 16 Sep 2012
Evita at its best. David Essex is perfect in this recording, and I don't understand why I waited so long to buy it. Fabulous.

Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters
Knitter's Handy Book of Top-Down Sweaters
by Ann Budd
Edition: Hardcover-spiral

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 'must have ' book from Ann Budd, 16 Sep 2012
I am a great fan of Ann Budd's Handy books, and decided that this one was worth a try. I have to day I am not disappointed. whilst some of the designs in the book are not perhaps to my taste I know that I will knit many of my 'own designs' from this using the wonderful charts.

Any one wanting a pretty, glossy coffee table book this isn't the one for you. If you want a lifetime of patterns where you can use virtually any yarn, and make your own variations as many times as you want, than this is the one. It should un leash anyone's creativity.

A masterpiece.

Best of Herman Sourdough Herald
Best of Herman Sourdough Herald
by Dawn Watland Johanson
Edition: Spiral-bound

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 July 2012
I was hoping for advise on keeping the mix alive and thriving and recipes for a range of goods. It is a strange book, very bitty and doesn't flow at all. Many of the recipes do not require the sour dough mix at all and there is some conflicting information regarding keeping the mix. I wouldn't recomend it.

Tray Dyeing: Exploring Colour, Texture and Special Effects
Tray Dyeing: Exploring Colour, Texture and Special Effects
by Claire Benn

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyeing to try it!, 26 Dec 2011
Wonderful looking book, and I am looking forward to experimenting with the various techniques. Waiting for a day when I am on my own and don't need to use the kitchen!

Think Outside the Sox: 60 Winning Patterns from the Knitter's Magazine Contest
Think Outside the Sox: 60 Winning Patterns from the Knitter's Magazine Contest
by Elaine Rowley

5.0 out of 5 stars Think Ouside the Sox, 26 Dec 2011
Well worth it just for the pattern on the fromt cover, but many other socks I want to try. Not a good purchase if you are a beginner but for anyone that loves knitting socks this is a good purchase.

Page: 1 | 2