Profile for Lil Elvis > Reviews

Content by Lil Elvis

Lil Elvis "Roly and Caroline" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked well - for a couple of hours!, 11 Dec 2013
This was actually shipped from Singapore so though I got an e-mail a few days after ordering to say that it had been dispatched it took nearly a month to arrive. The batteries which power the light were included so I just had to put in the ones to work the clock. All looked good at this point! Clock working, light working, alarm worked fine ...... woke up in the early hours and pressed the clock to look at the time ..... nothing! The light wasn't working, though the clock and alarm were. Changed the batteries, but still nothing. The company were good in that they have refunded my money in less than 24 hours without asking me to return the clock, but I would much rather it had carried on working as I now have to try to find another one with an easy to use light feature.

New Zeal Home Kitchen Lime Green Silicone Cooks Mixing Spoon Baking Utensil 25cm
Offered by Colanders

5.0 out of 5 stars Long lasting and more hygienic, 24 Nov 2012
I have just bought a new one as my original spoon is now beginning to show signs of wear at the tip. Very good as I have had the original for 5 or 6 years and use it daily. Absolutely no staining, even from turmeric, and no tainting from strong smelling food. Far more hygienic than a wooden spoon and no food has ever stuck to it - including caramel. Also doesn't flex like some of the cheaper versions I have seen for sale.

Gabor Women's Lanzarote Open Toe Flats
Gabor Women's Lanzarote Open Toe Flats

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for hard wear, 4 May 2012
I can't wear traditional thongs and had 4 pairs of toe-loop sandals from Hobbs - I literally wore them to death! Sadly they stopped making them several years ago and my final pair is on its last legs. I was getting desperate as to what I would wear this summer to slip into for shopping/holidays and general wear, and then I found these. I wore them for 3 weeks solid at our friends' farm in South Africa with total comfort from day 1. I have now ordered a second pair of black ones and another colour too, so I should now be set for several more years of summer comfort. I wouldn't call them particularly stylish with the thicker sole, but they are great for heavy wear where a pair of thin leather soles would normally give sore soles to your feet. Also great that I could buy a size 3 - often very hard to find these days.

Pintoy Wooden Zebras
Pintoy Wooden Zebras
Offered by CutPriceDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pintoy Wooden Zebras (Toy)
Lovely toy to go along with the rest of the Wildlife Lodge set - which has now sadly been discontinued.

Pintoy Wooden Hippos
Pintoy Wooden Hippos

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pintoy Wooden Hippos (Toy)

Pintoy Wooden Giraffes
Pintoy Wooden Giraffes
Offered by Ella James Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 18 Dec 2011
This review is from: Pintoy Wooden Giraffes (Toy)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Genuine cartridge at a good price - actually not quite!!, 18 Dec 2011
Having ruined my previous printer by using Tescos own brand ink I wanted the 'real thing' but at a good price. This is it.

I am now editing the review as my printer has detected that this is a refilled cartridge! It didn't come in an HP blister pack, so this is probably true. Printer still working fine though. I wouldn't have bought had I known it was a refill. Didn't seem to last very long either. Not such a bargain after all.

BabyDan Gate ToGo True Pressure Fit Travel Gate (Grey)
BabyDan Gate ToGo True Pressure Fit Travel Gate (Grey)
Offered by SAFETOTS

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 18 Dec 2011
This is a travel gate and therefore not designed as a permanent fixture if you need to keep going through the opening. Saying that we have one which is used to permanently block access from our lounge to the dining area as it is up a couple of stairs and has a metal pillar to one side. This means that a regular gate would not work as the aperture is well over 10 cms wider at the top than the bottom. We have extended the top section of the gate to be wider than the bottom and it works perfectly. We have a second which we take to grandparents and friends and it does a great job - easy to transport, easy to put up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it - on the 4th attempt!, 9 Oct 2011
We ordered this for our daughter's first birthday and she loved it from the second we strapped her in. The padded straps and seat make it ideal while she is still small and I am sure she will get several years of use out of it as it adapts for the child's age and ability.She loves being pushed along with more freedom of vision than in her pushchair. Sadly we obviously had a dodgy batch as just over a month later we are on trike number 3 - and this was faulty as well! Fortunately the UK distributors sent me new wheels and a rear axle and, touch wood, we haven't had a problem yet. The issue was that the hubcap fell off, which would not be a problem were it not for the fact that it is in 2 parts and the second part was then left rattling around on the axle with no way to remove it. As I have now built 3 (and disassembled 2) I can say that I found the instructions easy to follow, though it is helpful if you have someone to help hold it.

Top Secret Restaurant Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains
by Todd Wilbur

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-living my time in the US ...., 12 May 2011
Having viewed the website before you had to pay for the recipes I was confident that the book would be great. I wasn't disappointed. Not having lived in the US for a decade I can't really comment on how close these come to the originals, but they are great recipes none the less. A bit of shopping around is called for in the UK as even really common things such as corn syrup aren't available in supermarkets, but you can get them if you look hard enough on-line. I have ordered the second book as it has the recipe for Chilli's ribs - something that has me salivating at the thought. All in all more authentic American recipes than in most of the other cookbooks I have bought, as long as you aren't on a diet. Yum!

Page: 1 | 2