Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for bywater > Reviews

Content by bywater

bywater "John" (Birmingham UK)

HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper, 100 x 150 mm, 250 g/m2, 100 Sheets
HP Advanced Glossy Photo Paper, 100 x 150 mm, 250 g/m2, 100 Sheets

2.0 out of 5 stars It is more like 180gm. I had to print some photos for ..., 16 Dec. 2015
I had been using 210gm photo paper (Canon, Serif) so I ordered what I thought would be a stiffer photo card for my HP printer. But it is so much thinner than what I'd been using. It is more like 180gm. I had to print some photos for Christmas so I can't send it back. Very disappointed.

the Luftwaffe Over Brum: Birmingham's Blitz from a Military Perspective
the Luftwaffe Over Brum: Birmingham's Blitz from a Military Perspective
by Steve Richards

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an outstanding book. Steve Richards has done ..., 24 Sept. 2015
This is an outstanding book. Steve Richards has done Birmingham proud by such a detailed and fascinating account of how the Second City and surrounding areas were blitzed by the Luftwaffe until their final air raid on 23rd April 1943. This will surely become the standard work on the subject.

Nuance OmniPage 17.0 (PC CD)
Nuance OmniPage 17.0 (PC CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Omnipage 17.0 is first class., 16 Aug. 2011
I used Scansoft Omnipage 14 Professional for many years on some difficult 19th century books from a good scanner with about 97% accuracy but Nuance Omnipage 17.0 standard is so far ahead of that, even on the worst books with the smallest print, that it reaches well over 99% accuracy. Also the old version was slow whereas this new version zaps through the work. For the specialised work I do it is highly recommended.

I Dreamed a Dream
I Dreamed a Dream
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!, 21 Nov. 2009
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
It doesn't get much better than this. She is brilliant. I'm gobsmacked! Well done Susan Boyle.

Cromwell, Our Chief Of Men
Cromwell, Our Chief Of Men
by Antonia Fraser

5.0 out of 5 stars Cromwell, Our Chief of Men, 15 Feb. 2002
I have read some excellent biographies of Oliver Cromwell, but Lady Antonia Fraser's book is easily the best of them. Whether she is talking about Cromwell's character, or his ability as a soldier/statesman, she puts the record straight against the many false views of Cromwell, and shows him to have been, for England, "our chief of men". That Cromwell erred is not glossed over, as she paints him as he really was, "warts and all", but Antonia Fraser truly captures the Christian heart of the man that is so often neglected by other historians. Given her Roman Catholic background her account of this great Protestant leader is a truly remarkable one. Her pages on the battles and sites of the Civil War are written as though she personally had visited each one. She excels at the strategic overview of the war policies of both sides as they fluctuated under the pressure of events. She is superb, too, on the political complexities Cromwell had to contend with under his Protectorate. This book is detailed and very readable and is in my view the best biography of Oliver Cromwell available.