Profile for Zoonie > Reviews

Content by Zoonie

Zoonie (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Green  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod shuffle 2GB - Green (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by Uptown Digital

5.0 out of 5 stars A success!, 6 Mar. 2015
Bought as a Christmas present. Recipient tells me he uses it every day, on transport to work and when he is out jogging. (And no, he is not just being nice. He is NEVER less than brutally honest! )

The Widower [DVD]
The Widower [DVD]
Dvd ~ Archie Panjabi
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly absorbing, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Widower [DVD] (DVD)
Flicking through TV Channels I caught a snatch of this and was so drawn in by the plot and acting that I had to send for the DVD.
Your attention never wavers for a second, so in a real sense it is truly gripping. The Widower is deliciously chilling but not
so scary that you will be scared to go to bed afterwards, I recommend watching all three episodes at one sitting, which only takes around two and a quarter hours.

Blue Horse Hopper, Pump Included
Blue Horse Hopper, Pump Included
Offered by Apple Round Global Trading LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars A galloping success, 18 Jan. 2015
I have to thank the honesty of the other reviews which led me to send two of these toys, sight unseen, to little nieces.
The feedback is very positive "The twins absolutely love their bouncy horses and we can't get them to stop playing with them."

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid well-made machine with a serious flaw, 16 Jan. 2015
A solid well-made machine which has many good features, especially the 15 minute quick wash for freshening things up.
I have owned this machine now for a couple of years and I cannot mark it higher than three stars. I would never have bought it if I had known that it has NO SEPARATE SPIN CYCLE . All you can do is 'rinse and spin' which takes in more water.
I thought at first I was mistaken and there must be a spin cycle somewhere , but there is none.
Having just removed a sopping bath mat from the drum on a snowy afternoon, I realise I am going to have to
have to order a separate spin dryer to make up in future for this major deficiency in what would otherwise be a top class machine.

Florabotanica Eau de Parfum 100ml spray from Balenciaga
Florabotanica Eau de Parfum 100ml spray from Balenciaga
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars It is so subtle that I did not appreciate just how good it is until I had worn it a few ..., 4 Jan. 2015
This was a present. It is so subtle that I did not appreciate just how good it is until I had worn it a few times. It is never overpowering as some perfumes are. Instead of asking "What is your perfume?" people tend instead to say things like "What is that lovely smell?" As a bonus, the bottle is lovely and will make a good dressing table ornament when it is empty. (No-one keeps perfume exposed to the light, even in a classy bottle. Perfume should be stored in the dark to maintain its strength.)

New 5 cms Deep Single Bed "Microlite" Microfibre Mattress Topper Protector, Box Stitched, 230 TC Cover & Elasticated Corner Straps
Offered by The Linen Depot

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I bought this, 3 Jan. 2015
A chair bed used only occasionally is now transformed from near torture to an acceptable level of comfort. I am glad I made this purchase.
(The zipped bag makes for easy storage which might otherwise be a problem )

Red Horse Hopper, Pump Included
Red Horse Hopper, Pump Included
Offered by Apple Round Global Trading LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars A galloping success, 31 Dec. 2014

Lancome La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum - 50 ml
Lancome La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum - 50 ml
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells like a summer's afternoon in heaven, 12 Nov. 2014
Beautiful. And a little splash lingers for a long time. I truly love it. This was a present, but I could not have chosen better myself.

Still Game - Live in Glasgow [DVD]
Still Game - Live in Glasgow [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ford Kiernan

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas presents sorted!, 9 Nov. 2014
How could Still Game transfer to the stage in front of a vast , packed arena? The answer is .....triumphantly! Cleverly, they bring the audience in as part of the joke, and they use the whole stage as a stage, instead of pretending to recreate the intimacy of a high-rise flat or small pub.

Having just watched Still Game Live on BBC, I am sending for copies of the DVD to give to friends for Christmas. It is sure to be well- appreciated.

Mr Turner: 1 Disc Special Edition [DVD] [2014]
Mr Turner: 1 Disc Special Edition [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Timothy Spall
Offered by M & L UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Two and a half hours, 7 Nov. 2014
Mr Turner is carefully crafted, beautifully acted, magnificently photographed, accurate in its period detail. My honest opinion.
Mr Turner is over-long, un-engaging, lacking a story. Also my honest opinion. This film reminds of some art nouveau dining chairs I once saw......wrought iron, real craftsmanship, beautiful but not comfortable to sit in.

I eagerly anticipated my visit to the cinema. You can't go wrong with Mike Leigh and Timothy Spall, I said. WRONG! Two and a half hours of beautiful photography, excellent acting, incredible period detail. Two and a half hours of grunting and spitting. Two and a half hours of no story about a boorish man who grunts, spits, gropes women and paints. The film will no doubt be acclaimed by the cognoscenti, but there is only so much admiration you can give to detail......there has to be a story, there have to be characters you can empathize with. The scene with the drawing- room conversation about gooseberries was probably meant as a lighter moment after all that grunting, spitting and sexual groping, but the scene fell flat, coming across as repetitive, boring, pointless.

Oh Mr Turner, I could have forgiven an hour, but after TWO AND A HALF HOURS I was internally chanting 'DIE DIE DIE' because it was obvious the film would only end with Turner' s death.

PS I still hero-worship Mike Leigh and Timothy Spall. Watch TOPSY TURVY and LIFE IS SWEET to see why.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2015 1:42 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17