Profile for Tonberry > Reviews

Ergo Pruning Shears Non Stick Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Purple Pumpkin
Price: 5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Aug 2014
I bought these based on the great reviews but was disappointed to find that the blades are rather blunt and tend to snap off shoots rather than neatly trim them. I have been using them to dead-head my roses and I was surprised to find that they are so blunt already after what seems to me to be light usage.

Also the rubberised handles started to peel very quickly and this rubs on my hand so that was a bit disappointing too.

On the positive side, they are very comfortable and the scissor action is great. Sharpen up the blades and they would be a nice product, but I'll be paying a bit more for ones that last a bit longer next time.

Polycell SS250S 250ml Stain Stop
Polycell SS250S 250ml Stain Stop
Offered by deals-direct
Price: 8.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but for small areas, 28 April 2014
I have used this product a few times over the years a yellow water stains on ceilings and it works a treat. It's so easy to use, you just spray on and the stain is gone. No need for paint brushes or cleaning.

Be careful of the paint dust it generates though, you can see this floating through the room and it can't be healthy to inhale this so make sure all the windows are open and don't stand near it for long. By the time the dust lands it's dry and can be wiped up - much to my relief when thousands of paint speckles landed all over my black glass hob in the kitchen!

However I have recently used it on a badly stained wall which had had quite serious damp problems. Once the damp was gone it left brown stains on the wall which I tried to cover with this product. Firstly the amount of paint in the can wasn't enough and secondly it hardly covered the problem. However a few coats of the liquid Stain Stop paint from a tin seems to have done the trick.

I'd definitely recommend this but make sure you pick the right product for the problem - small pale areas = this, larger dark areas = tin of Stain Stop paint.

Dual Flush Toilet Concealed Cistern
Dual Flush Toilet Concealed Cistern
Offered by The Home Store
Price: 21.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase, 28 April 2014
I bought this for our bathroom refurb and it has been in place for about 3 months now.

It arrived quickly and contained everything our plumber needed to fit it, and as far as I could tell it was installed quickly and easily.

Now that it's installed, the flush button is of a good quality and feels reasonably sturdy and solid, and looks as good as a cistern button can!

Overall it offers great value for money, as it's a good price and reasonable quality, but how long it actually lasts only time will tell but so far so good.

Silverline 797959 100 mm Mini Emulsion Roller Sleeves
Silverline 797959 100 mm Mini Emulsion Roller Sleeves
Price: 3.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and malt all over the place, small inconspicious areas only!, 28 April 2014
I bought these rollers based on the reviews and excellent price but they were not worth the money in my experience.

I used one of these to paint a cupboard - luckily I did the inside first as the rollers malted instantly all over the place. The small area I painted was covered in literally thousands of tiny fluff fragments, most of which were too small to pick off and as it was an oil based paint was almost impossible to wipe off the paint and start again. I was so releived I didnt use these on the front of the cupboard as the finish was appalling.

I decided to give them another chance and have a go on a wall with some white emulsion as the fluff shouldn't be as visible. Once I got going it wasn't long until the pile was completely flat and it felt like it was dragging the paint off with every application, rather than spreading it.

These are ok for small areas of wall (not cupboards or anything which needs a perfect finish) as they can be thrown away after use. But next time I will invest in some better quality rollers which do a better job.

Lindy Bop 'Emmaline' Classy Blue Stretch Bengaline Vintage 1950's Pinup Pencil Wiggle Evening Party Dress (12, Blue)
Offered by Lindy Bop

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality but great design, 22 Jun 2013
This dress looked really smart on the website and I was looking forward to receiving it, but sadly was disappointed. I have bought similar dresses on Amazon and have been impressed with the quality and price but this one is not so good.

There were a number of things which were wrong with the dress:

It had lots of raggy threads sticking out
The stitching was appalling in some places, I am pretty bad at sewing but would have been able to do a better job myself
The belt was far too big, the lowest notch meant the belt sagged, and you would have had to cut a new hole
The belt was also far too long, and I could wrap it round myself 1.5 times (so the end was actually at the back!)
The location of the hips was very low, so the dress flared out gently from the hips but then rather dramatically at the sides mid-thigh
The hips had been sewn unevenly so one side stuck out more than the other, so my point above of it flaring out mid thigh meant it looked very strange!

However having said all that, the fabric was nice and had a good stretch, and the design is lovely and is so unusual, and I am sure would get lots of lovely comments. It would be beautiful if only the quality issues above were sorted out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 1:12 PM BST

Fellowes Bankers Box System Standard Storage Box  - Grey (Pack of 10)
Fellowes Bankers Box System Standard Storage Box - Grey (Pack of 10)
Price: 31.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality and super sturdy, 22 Jun 2013
I bought these boxes to cart about some really heavy books. The total weight must have been 20kgs in some of the boxes, but they were really sturdy and we were able to carry them around with the handles without the boxes falling apart.

They are really easy to assemble, the box pops open just by pulling the sides apart and popping a flap down which literally takes seconds. The lids take a bit longer to assemble, but each side is just folded down and secured. Each box takes about 30 seconds I would say.

We also stacked them for a while (full of books), but the lids started to cave in which is to be expected. So bear this in mind, but the boxes really were heavy. They fold back down for easy storage and we popped them back into the boxes they came in so they didn't take up too much room.

I bought these from the Amazon warehouse deals (see the used section), and even though it says they have cosmetic damage, they looked as good as new to me. I may have just been lucky but I bought two lots and both were in perfect condition.

I can't think of any negative points!

180 Ultima Pure Swiss, Hyaluronic Acid Serum Forte (Strong) with Vitamin C, Anti Aging, Anti Wrinkle, Instant Lift Solution
Offered by expederm - Experts in Natural Cosmetics
Price: 99.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy again, 22 Jun 2013
I bought this based on the reviews and thought it was worth giving it a try. I have now used up the bottle so thought it was time to do a review.

Good points - It is absorbed into the skin quickly and feels nice. It also creates a good base for makeup, and unlike moisturiser, doesn't sit on the skin and helps the foundation stay put.

Bad points - the packaging is awful, and the bottle is very impractical. The dropper just doesn't work and hardly any of the product ends up in the pippette. I ended up just keeping the bottle upside down and then wiping off what was outside of the pippette. You can't get all of the product out so some of it goes to waste. Definitely not what you would expect from a product with a supposed full price of 99.

But does the product work? I thought I saw a slight difference after using it after a few weeks, but I'm not sure if it was temporary or I was looking under a softer light, but overall don't feel there was much difference to the condition of my skin after using it for about 6 weeks. I will try something else next time and see if it has more obvious results.

13" 13.3" Black Neoprene Notebook Laptop Sleeve Bag Case for Macbook Pro/Air
13" 13.3" Black Neoprene Notebook Laptop Sleeve Bag Case for Macbook Pro/Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job at a good price, 22 Jun 2013
I recently bought a 13" Acer ultrabook and wanted a cheap case to pop it in when on my travels. I bought this based on the reviews and haven't been disappointed.

When it arrived it did have a strong chemical smell but this has subsided with use.

The case itself is well made and fits my personal laptop perfectly. My work laptop on the other hand is over an inch thick and the case is a bit too small for it so bear this in mind.

The real test came the other day when I dropped the laptop (in the case) from a height of 1.5m and it came out unharmed. Phew!

Pack of 4 Vinyl Record Coasters by Gama Go
Pack of 4 Vinyl Record Coasters by Gama Go
Offered by Findmeagift
Price: 8.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, 14 Jun 2013
I bought these for my other half who is a bit of a vinyl collector, and he loves them. After 6 months they still look great and are very practical, and have coped perfectly with all manner of hot cups and crockery which have been placed on top of them. And they have been used several times a day. What is also nice is the detail, the label is just like a real record and even the black silicone has little grooves round it.

The only slight downside I would mention is that they do seem to collect dust easily, I think probably due to the silicone being a bit rubbery, and the black colour shows it up. A quick rinse in warm water and they are back to new.

Batten Throw Cream / Ivory 90x100, Large 3 Seater Sofa / Bed Blanket 100% Cotton
Offered by HomeBeddingStore
Price: 13.75

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks a bit cheap & disappointing, 14 Jun 2013
I bought a set of these throws for our cream leather chairs which have suffered a bit from cat claw marks and general lounging about on them. They are looking a bit tired so I thought I would spruce them up with some throws, and purchased them based on the positive reviews.

However I was disappointed when I put them on the chairs, as they looked cheap and a bit raggy. In fact it looked like we were decorating and had covered the sofas because we were painting! So we used them once when some guests came over and then put them away and never used them again. So a bit disappointing really.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3