Profile for Egloff Roger > Reviews

Content by Egloff Roger

Egloff Roger "swissmiss" (8274 Tägerwilen Switzerland)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 9 Jan 2011
Ordered this, not sure of what it would be like but I absolutely loved it, the design was just so cute and perfect for wearing over Christmas. Would definitely buy this brand again.

Nonrunner's Marathon Guide for Women: Get Off Your Butt and on with Your Training
by Dawn Dais

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reluctant marathon runner!, 2 April 2009
As someone who is about to run their first marathon, this book was perfect for me. Somehow I have ended up doing a marathon, but unlike my friends who are full of enthusiasm, my motivation was very low. This book made me realise I am not the only one to feel like that and I found myself screaming out loud with laughter at so many things that I could totally relate to. If you are not a serious marathon runner, hoping to finish in under 4.30, this book is absolutely worth reading. It will make you feel much better about yourself and give you hope that you too can complete a marathon. Not much factual advice, so don't buy it if that is what you were hoping for.

The Perpetual Tourist: In Search of a Swiss Role
The Perpetual Tourist: In Search of a Swiss Role
by Paul N. Bilton

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for English persons living in Switzerland, 2 Feb 2003
This book is informative, funny and a must for any English person who has moved to Switzerland. As you read through the book you find yourself relating to all the little idiosyncrasy's of the Swiss and realising that you are not the only person to have noticed them! With every page I turned I found myself laughing out loud and saying "Its so true!"
The book takes the form of a diary, from the day the author first moves to Switzerland and throughout his first years there. It incorparates all the special festivals and their dates ,of which the reader may not be aware and in doing so informs the reader. This book really is an essential guide to living in Switzerland for the uninformed, unsuspecting Englander, however anyone moving to Switzerland from another country would enjoy it.
My biggest regret is lending this book to a fellow expat and never getting it back!