Profile for Madame Bovary > Reviews

Content by Madame Bovary

Madame Bovary "soozcan'tchoose" (Cheshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Lumie Bodyclock STARTER 30 Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock with Sunrise and Sunset Features

4.0 out of 5 stars Setting the alarm has proved easy enough, and he does seem to be awake ..., 18 Dec. 2015
I bought this for my 21 year old son in an effort to encourage him to wake up early enough to catch his train each day. Setting the alarm has proved easy enough, and he does seem to be awake every morning, however waking up and getting up are two different things. When we can have an alarm clock that tips up the bed and slides the occupant into his garments, in the fashion of Wallace and Gromit then I'll be awarding 5 stars, Until then, the Lumie is doing a better job than most other alarm clocks.

GCSE History Schools History Project The Revision Guide
GCSE History Schools History Project The Revision Guide
by Richard Parsons

5.0 out of 5 stars Potted history, 9 Aug. 2013
Bought this for my daughter for GCSE study. She said it was useful for quick revision sessions, when ploughing through her copious history notes was just too daunting. We'll find out soon whether it was an effective revision guide!

Winsor & Newton - Cotman Water Colour Pocket Plus Paint Set
Winsor & Newton - Cotman Water Colour Pocket Plus Paint Set
Offered by Guru Solutions Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Aug. 2013
This mini paint set has just travelled to Menorca with us. It is fantastic for taking away when space and weight are a consideration. The brand is well known, and the paints are good quality for the hobby painters in my family.

Brabantia Lift-O-Matic Large Rotary Airer Washing Line with Metal Soil Spear, 60 m - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, how sad!, 9 Aug. 2013
Remember 'that' scene from 'When Harry met Sally'...well, the neighbours must have been wondering what was going on in my garden when this 60m (oh yes! yes! yes!) whirligig arrived. I think I am in love! It is so smooth, and long and does whatever I ask it to do. A tad expensive maybe, but after being completely let down (literally) by my ex-rotary, and spending too much time on a dirty weekend, I'm in the mood for quality, and that's what this is. Move over washing machine, my new favourite is the Liftomatic 60 m.

Poems for Funerals
Poems for Funerals

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, 12 May 2013
I bought this looking for some wise and meaningful words to use at a sad time. I'm afraid these poems come across as rather mawkish and sentimental, rather than comforting and wise. I'm sure the author had the best of intentions, but there was nothing I could use from this collection.

Unforgettable
Unforgettable

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Unforgettable (MP3 Download)
I love this track, as it really does bring back memories for me as I used to sing it to my now 19 year-old son when he was a babe in arms. NKC really knows how to bring down the tempo and soothe a frazzled mum and babe. Maybe I should try singing it to him again now we're undergoing the pressure of A2s!

Godskitchen Pure Trance Classics
Godskitchen Pure Trance Classics

5.0 out of 5 stars Jumpin', 12 May 2013
As a regular user of a rebounder, I find this compilation great to jump to. A nice pace - some of the running tracks compilations have tracks which are too slow to raise the heartrate. This one works for me!

Enigma Variations: Nimrod
Enigma Variations: Nimrod

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 12 May 2013
After losing my Dad, we chose this to be played during the committal, however after fantastic advice from a friend who was to officiate, we actually had the coffin taken into the crematorium to this music. As our lady vicar said, it is a solemn occasion and this is solemn music, but at the end of the committal you really want to celebrate a life well lived, so we left to one of Dad's favourites, Moonlight Serenade. Nimrod will always bring tears to my eyes henceforth, but then it often did anyway, as it is such a wonderful piece. My experience just adds another aspect to a many-faceted work.

JMT-9006B Tiny Clip On Metronome Tuner With Backlight
JMT-9006B Tiny Clip On Metronome Tuner With Backlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 April 2013
The first metronome timer did not work, which we only discovered on opening it on Christmas morning. I contacted the company and they promptly sent a replacement, which worked fine and arrived before my daughter's return to school and music lessons in January. Has helped her timing on the clarinet.

THE BOOK OF SECRETS
THE BOOK OF SECRETS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 April 2013
This review is from: THE BOOK OF SECRETS (Audio CD)
What a find. Having never heard of Loreena McKennitt previously, I came to her through the mp3 pages via Enya. I love this CD - it is very atmospheric and the tales she retells in her songs are fantastic. Great music for dreaming while ironing!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3