Profile for A reliable person > Reviews

Content by A reliable person

A reliable person

Apple MacBook Pro 13 inch Docking Station (Aluminium Unibody Mid 2009 Onwards) by Henge Docks

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY., 1 Feb 2012
To start with, I spent around £100 just getting it.
paying £20 import tax ON TOP OF postage, is not high up on my list of favourite pastimes.
(I bought it direct from the manufacturer. If you really are going to buy this, get it through Amazon so you can return it.)
It includes all the (cheap) adapters apart from the important one - a displayport adapter.
Conveniently, you will have to purchase a special fitting adapter to use a monitor.
After getting my extra adapter, it cracked the dock plastic with no force at all.
I installed all the cables, tried to refit my laptop into the dock and, ofcourse, it doesnt work.

In total, I've spent at least 2 hours adjusting this product to make it work and all I'm left with is an empty wallet, badly scratched laptop, a cracked lump of plastic, and rage.

TIPS FOR THE MANUFACTURER:
1. You can mimic Apple's nice packaging, but it doesn't make your product work.
2. Stop over-engineering. No screws, no extra adapters for adapters. Just a simple stand with a sturdy rubber valve would actually work.
3. Put the price down. Seriously now. You sell 300g of plastic with a bag of screws.

I rarely write reviews, but this pile of **** has driven me mad.

Have a nice day, safe in the knowledge you don't have one of these.

Alfa 9Dbi Wifi Booster Sma Omni-Directional High-Gain Screw-On Swivel Antenna
Alfa 9Dbi Wifi Booster Sma Omni-Directional High-Gain Screw-On Swivel Antenna
Offered by Clever Gadgets

2.0 out of 5 stars Not necessary for my purposes, 21 Aug 2011
My review is entirely based upon the fact that I bought an Alfa wifi booster with this product. The wifi booster came with a 5dbi ariel, and I thought I'd go the whole hog and get this 9dbi version. Maybe its specific to my network and booster model, but there was literally no difference in signal strength or range of available wifi networks between the 5dbi and 9dbi. Waste of money for me :(

Peltor Optime III Premium Headband Ear Muffs
Peltor Optime III Premium Headband Ear Muffs
Offered by safety-site

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah, pretty good., 21 Aug 2011
Blocks out a respectable range of frequencies. Not amazingly comfortable, but I respect the fact that it needs to be chunky and tight to block out sound. Good purchase, especially at that price.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't., 21 Aug 2011
Maybe the writers of the other reviews still listen to cassettes, or maybe they are all just half-deaf. Either way, the sound quality of the earphones is appauling. Suddenly all my music sounds like a distant banjo being played through a tin can. There is NO bass, NO mid, and the treble is off the charts. It is physically damaging to listen to. The design is unbelievably frail and uncomfortable, I feel I could break them just by looking at them. The only up-side with these earphones is that they cost very little, and I can now do a good Patrick Bateman impression. My strong recommendation is NOT TO READ THE OTHER REVIEWS, and TRY THEM BEFORE YOU BUY THEM. Or, simply shell out twice the price and get the awesome philips neck-band earphones (the red, splash-proof ones), or a pair of cheap sennheisers.