Profile for Sazikal > Reviews

Keep Love In Your Heart, Little One
Keep Love In Your Heart, Little One
by Giles Andreae

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written and illustrated., 6 Aug 2009
This book is beautiful in so many ways. I am a teacher and first picked up this book to read to my class. I started reading it found myself getting more from the book than the children - although they enjoyed it too.

It's basically a parent who is talking to her sleeping child. It is full of moving language such as "when you get knocked dow my sweetheart, look up at the sky without fear, for sometimes we need to be flat on our backs before starlight begins to appear."

It truly is a beautiful book which will having lots of meaning in particular for adults. I have bought it for my own home and I don't even have children yet!

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply moving book that I will always remember., 6 Aug 2009
The timetravellers wife is now going to be put onto to my 'favourites' book shelf. It's basically a love story with an almost sci-fi twist.

I don't want to give too much away but the concept of the book is about a man who travels to different times without control. His wife Clare meets him for the first time when she is 6 and he is 36. However he meets her for the first time in his 20's. Although the timetravelling aspect of this book gives it the 'twist', the book is really about the charcaters love for each other and how their relationship develops.

Each chapter starts of with a label of Clare or Henry and details both their ages. Although initally this is a bit confusing, for me it turns out to be one of the best features of the books as you get to see the realtionship and emotions from both sides.

Be warned this book is emotionally moving. There are parts where I laughed out loud and many parts where I cried for a variety of reasons. All in all it is an excellent book and well both reading! I have already read it twice!