Profile for hairy100 > Reviews

Content by hairy100

hairy100 "chris53524"

VEP-020-NPNG No Proof No Glory Super Soft adjustable stereo headphones with Flex anti tangle cord - powered by Veho
Offered by i want one of those

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 15 May 2014
They a a little on the heavy side and grip on to your ears so when using for any prolonged amount of time your ears feel a little squished.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes but..., 15 May 2014
...sore around the outer part of the ball of your feet on longer distances. Look good, light and have good grip when on cross country terrain.

You Forget it in People
You Forget it in People
Offered by nagiry

3.0 out of 5 stars Moments of greatness but doesn't stand the test of time., 25 Jun. 2012
This review is from: You Forget it in People (Audio CD)
I have loved this album, I had it when it came out and I listened to it incessantly. It had the kind of magic to it which I associated with all the great albums I have appreciated over the years. Somehow I lost it, but kept the feeling it gave me in my memory. After buying it again now I can still see what attracted me to it but the magic had fallen away. I don't know what it was because even at the time the reason I liked it was elusive. I guess I changed but the music didn't follow me, unlike that of Arcade Fire's Funeral or Cat Power's The Covers Record. I guess I forgot it in Broken Social Scene.

Gris-Gris
Gris-Gris

3.0 out of 5 stars Idiot savant, 21 May 2012
This review is from: Gris-Gris (Audio CD)
This cannot be simply described as psychedelic rock - there are too many other factors at work here. An early pre-cursor to Tom Waits, with his croaking vocals, experimental blues, witch doctor twitchy, funky slide and curious vocals, flutes, whistling, and chants this is a varied and fun album which stands the test of time.

Oslo Victorian White Wood 12 Hook Coat Stand
Oslo Victorian White Wood 12 Hook Coat Stand
Offered by Home Discount Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough ballast for all our coats, 21 May 2012
I think it's probably because we load it up too much that it is top heavy and often falls over, but that is a bit of a pain. Still there's nothing else in this price range that looks alright, doesn't take up too much space and is lightweight for shipping. In any case, the fact that we load it up so much shows how in need we are for something to hang coats on, it's doing it's job and though it's a bit flimsy, if you only have about 6 coats on it it would do the job fine.

The Huntsman (Warriors of the Wasteland)
The Huntsman (Warriors of the Wasteland)
by Douglas Hill

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally hunted this classic down, 21 May 2012
I remember this being read to me by my father as an 8 year old and how captivated and impressed I was by it then. So much so that 30 years later I wanted to find a copy to read to my 8 year old son.

It hasn't let us down. A child is going to be that much more taken with a story when the adult reading it to them is in to it. He always wants me to continue reading when I reach the end of a chapter and tell him that that's enough for the night.

The characters are believable and the concept of a future where we have gone back to living in tiny little villages in a primitive way doesn't seem too far fetched these days. Add into the mix a touch of the superhuman and aliens and you're on for a great sic-fi adventure which keeps you gripped to the end.

The quality of the writing is such that it reads like an adult novel but is easy enough for a child of 8 to understand.

Change Your Life with NLP: The Powerful Way to Make Your Whole Life Better
Change Your Life with NLP: The Powerful Way to Make Your Whole Life Better
by Lindsey Agness

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise and engaging, 14 Nov. 2011
Great book. Gets you started on the road of self improvement without baffling you with science or cotton-wooling you with placid proverbs.

Is a Woman
Is a Woman
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Mild entertainment, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Is a Woman (Audio CD)
I may have liked this more when I cared less if I understood the lyrics, but now, even though the instrumentation and vocal accompaniment is pleasing to listen to, it could have been a greater album if the songs actually lived up to their evocative titles.

Cansei De Ser Sexy
Cansei De Ser Sexy
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

2.0 out of 5 stars one hit wonders, 21 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Cansei De Ser Sexy (Audio CD)
A less than mediocre death and certainly not from above. How did this get an average of 4 stars?

Lord Malquist and Mr Moon
Lord Malquist and Mr Moon
by Tom Stoppard

4.0 out of 5 stars Bonkers, 16 Sept. 2003
Stoppard's only novel, is pretty out there. The two main characters run about in a Kafkaesque/My Fair Lady type of Victorian London, one with a bomb in his pocket which continues, from the beginning to keep the reader on edge. I don't remember details too well but the book has stayed in my mind since I read it about 10 years ago. Out of curiosity I looked for it here so I could find related books and to my surprise, having enjoyed it and read it in one sitting (it's not that big), there was not one review, so here it is.