Profile for Ms. Dominique Goodall > Reviews

Content by Ms. Dominique ...

Ms. Dominique Goodall

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Dystopia: YA Paranormal Adventure Romance
Dystopia: YA Paranormal Adventure Romance
Price: 2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as Divergent!, 13 July 2014
I bought this at LFCC 14

Dystopia is a novel that offers everything you want - a heroine in the form of Sasha who doesn't let her asthma, superstitions and seeming attraction to the number 13 stop her. With back up in form of her father's protege and his friend, can Sasha stop 'The Hangman Poltergeist' from breaching the barrier between this world and next? And will she ever find out what happened to her mother on Dystopia Day - a day that caused people to go crazy.

Ty the Bull
Ty the Bull
Price: 1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Apt, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Ty the Bull (Kindle Edition)
Although this was a book for children, I identified so much with Ty!

I myself spent my childhood being bullied, not quite in the same way as Ty - but for being intelligent. It was because of this that I enjoyed seeing how Ty overcame not just his bully, Gabe, but all the people who had been his friends. Sometimes, parents just don't listen, and it really does hurt.

I'd recommend to anyone with a child who has been or is being bullied.

Escapement (Steampunk): Book I (The Neumarian Chronicles 1)
Escapement (Steampunk): Book I (The Neumarian Chronicles 1)
Price: 1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, 17 Jun 2014
I received this book in return for an honest review.

Ten years after the great war of 2185 the queen's reign is threatened by uprisings and fear. In celebration of my sixteenth birthday it is my duty as princess to sacrifice a slave to be initiated into the ruling council, solidifying my mother's empire. When my own erratic powers surface I'm captured and tried for treason. Slaves hate me, my mother wants me executed, and my only chance of survival rests in the hands of a young man, Ryder Arteres, whose sister I sentenced to death.

Well I started this book without expecting much – it was my first steampunk dystopian book ever. That being said, I actually found Selema an interesting character. She wasn’t the typical ‘woe is me’ heroine. Instead, she takes charge and admits to her mistakes in the past. Ryder is interesting, too. He seems to have a very black and white view on the world, though the longer he spends with Selema, the more he sees shades of grey. His sister, Raeth, is a damaged girl, much tormented by what Selema’s mother, Queen of the Kantians and tyrant. Together, can they unite all the races of humans, Kantians, scavengers and Neumarians? I need to read the next book to find out, and so will you!

Damaged (The Rebirth Series Book 1)
Damaged (The Rebirth Series Book 1)
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Woah..., 9 May 2014
Damaged is a paranormal book that I've not seen before. I really felt for Audrey, kept captive by so many different people and resorting to counting things to keep herself calm. Undergoing so many brutalities, it's amazing that she falls for Stone, a shifter who can take both animal and human/paranormal forms. The changing chapters between two reveal an amazing insight between the two. The twist of trying to work out who Audrey's protective, obsessive father was kept me occupied throughout the book. Elijah was another unknown quality - I am eagerly awaiting the next installment of this series!

Altered
Altered
Price: 2.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Different but awesome!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Altered (Kindle Edition)
Altered is a young adult dystopian novel with a difference. It deals with a world where the government don't just control people - they manipulate their very genes. Dealing with things like gangs and overbearing adults, Dianne Gardner has crafted a story that makes you eager to read a continuation. I know I'm definitely looking forward to the next book, as this just wasn't enough!

Cougar's Mate (Heart of the Cougar Book 1)
Cougar's Mate (Heart of the Cougar Book 1)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrfect, 8 April 2014
Cougar's Mate is a shapeshifter romance with a twist even I didn't expect - Shannon is the cougar shift gone feral in an attempt to save her life while Chase is the cougar who shoots her. A rather humorous mixture of escapes, protectiveness and heated moments follow as Yuma Town (cougar town) join forces to try and convince Shannon that staying is in her best interests. I loved this book! Just like all the 'wolf books that Terry Spear has written, Cougar's Mate includes the best parts of the feral beasts these people shift into. I'm definitely looking forward to reading book two and getting to know more of the large-hearted cougar shifters!

Mating Call (New Breed Novels Book 3)
Mating Call (New Breed Novels Book 3)
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 29 Mar 2014
Mating Call is the newest book by author Martha Bourke, carrying on the story of the New Breeds – shapeshifters that have more k’ul (life-force) than the normal ‘shifter. This book focuses more intently on Troy and Evy – introduced in a previous book. You learn stunning truths within this novel and a twist that has you wanting to read back through previous books! You learn more about old friends, new enemies and new friends within the pages of this engrossing novel – Diesel and Helen are there and the Goddess Akina reveals more of her past. Viktor, Dimitri’s brother shows up…and Victrixa becomes even stronger as Pax has to come to terms with his feelings for James. I cannot wait for Fatal Call – I want to see who is next to discover their mating and fight the battle for the good side!

Blood Master (Immortal Blood Book 3)
Blood Master (Immortal Blood Book 3)
Price: 1.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 7 Mar 2014
These books only seem to build momentum as they go along! I loved reading Blood Master - Sam, the main character of the past two books finds herself in the midst of a more unsavoury type of vampire than she's used to. Forced to choose a blood slave and undergo training to turn her into an assassin, can she ever find her way back to her friends and escape Jason - the proclaimed Master of law within the vampire world...

Lucas (Immortal Blood Book 2)
Lucas (Immortal Blood Book 2)
Price: 1.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 7 Mar 2014
Carrying on with the theme of Club Five, Jennifer Loiske has created a book that kept me engrossed from the first page. She introduces you to the main character slowly, letting you find out the motives for the book until the final few chapters, where you receive an amazing twist! I've enjoyed reading it and will be sitting down to read the third book of the series - I want to know how this series ends!

Valentine Horse
Valentine Horse
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminded me of my youth, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Valentine Horse (Kindle Edition)
This is an amazing story about the trials of owning and selling horses within a fiction story. Lara, the heroine of the story, is shocked to be given a horse, Skylark, for Valentine's Day. Her best friend, Ryan, is the one to buy him for her - a replacement for the pony she rehomed when she grew too tall. Read to find out what happens when she discovers her pony in bad circumstances, and learn about Ant - the artist who causes an accident and arguments...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4