Profile for Mrs. S. Thake > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. Thake

Mrs. S. Thake (Colchester UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [Blu-ray]
The Hunger Games (2 Disc) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jennifer Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars True to the book, 7 Sept. 2013
I really enjoyed the film and glad I had read the trilogy of books before watching the DVD. I found it quite tense and felt the characters were brought to life well. I need to watch it again to really appreciate the full impact! I hope the other books in the trilogy are all being made into films - and soon!

Les Miserables
Les Miserables

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, very singalongable!, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Les Miserables (Audio CD)
I bought this for in the car or to do boring housework to, as I had loved the film and DVD. Very enjoyable and all the songs grow on you.

Spear & Jackson - Traditional Long Handled Stainless Trowel (12-inch)
Spear & Jackson - Traditional Long Handled Stainless Trowel (12-inch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool!, 28 Aug. 2013
Great as I find bending down difficult so gardening and planting out has become a lot easier! Good value for money compared to local garden centres!

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 3)
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable., 28 Aug. 2013
This is probably the weakest of the trilogy but nonetheless enjoyable. Very sad when Prim was killed! I did not like some of the characters and found them annoying and the writing style was a bit stilted t times. But a cracking story ith a happy ending!

Catching Fire
Catching Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Catching Fire (Kindle Edition)
I was half expecting a sad ending which I was relieved did not happen! The ending was such that I had to read the third book straightaway! Some unpredictable moments.

The Lewis Man (The Lewis Trilogy Book 2)
The Lewis Man (The Lewis Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars could not put it down!, 2 May 2013
Having read The Black House, I was very keen to read the 2nd book of the trilogy an it did not disappoint: exciting, tense, and with twists. I loved the way the characters are developing and cannot wait to read The Chessmen. I hope things work out for Fin and his family?

The Dead Season (Sandro Cellini series Book 3)
The Dead Season (Sandro Cellini series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and well written, 22 Mar. 2013
I do enjoy the background knowledge of Florence and following up the descriptions in my guide book as I am going there soon! I am enjoying the way in which Christobel has developed her main characters and got inside their psyche over the last 3 books, especially Sandro and Louisa (and also Guili)despite her own age! I like Christobel's style of writing: it is descriptive, intuitive and with just enough pace to keep you interested. I did not see who had done the killing, and the way in which all the characters actually "blended" and were finally connected was well done.

I have bought the next book already and will read soon when I am in Florence! I like the Sandro Cellini books best of her other novels but did enjoy them too as she has a very readable style?

I taught Christobel German many years ago and am proud of all she has achieved!

The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD)
The Hypnotic Gastric Band(CD+DVD)
by Paul McKenna

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work for me!, 7 Mar. 2013
I am very disappointed as I had such high hopes from what I had read and heard and from the initial reviews. I thought I would have a go but it is just not working or me. Perhaps because I find it difficult to relax - although the trance CD regularly sent me to sleep no matter what time of day I listened. I do still follow the 4 Golden Rules which do make eat food more slowly, but I am not finding that I am eating significantly less and so no weight loss! Maybe I will read the book again and try again in a few weeks, when I finally retire and am not under any external pressures. I still need to lose at least stone and do need to believe that it can work!

Take Two (A psychological thriller)
Take Two (A psychological thriller)

4.0 out of 5 stars Different from other novels!, 22 Feb. 2013
I did enjoy this book and not what I had expected from other books I had read, written from a completely different perspective. I guessed the outcome well before the end so the 'twist' was not so unexpected.

Short Fuses (Four free short stories)
Short Fuses (Four free short stories)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Feb. 2013
Not up to what I expected from one of my favourite authors. Also just an advertisement for other novels, but if I had not already been a fan, these stories would not have made me want to read more!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6