Profile for J. Appleby > Reviews

Content by J. Appleby

J. Appleby (Malmesbury UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Asus ATI Radeon HD 5450 Silent Graphics Card (1GB, DDR3, PCI-Express)
Asus ATI Radeon HD 5450 Silent Graphics Card (1GB, DDR3, PCI-Express)
Offered by UKStocked
Price: 24.75

5.0 out of 5 stars HD 5450, 19 April 2014
This product was delivered really quickly, was well packaged and worked first time when installed in my Dell Dimension 9150.
The reason I bought this new graphics card was because my rather ancient Dell was not processing HD videos very well on youtube.
Since installing this card I can honestly say that my PC is transformed, no more jerky HD videos and the PC monitor can be adjusted to any customised colours extremely easily.
It's probably not a suitable card for extreme gamers but for normal everyday use I would say that is an extremely good investment.
Thoroughly recommended.

Always On Protective Camera Wrap -  Black - compatible with Panasonic Lumix TZ10,TZ20,TZ18,FS16,FS35,Nikon Coolpix L23,S3100,Fujifilm Finepix AV200,Canon IXUS all models
Always On Protective Camera Wrap - Black - compatible with Panasonic Lumix TZ10,TZ20,TZ18,FS16,FS35,Nikon Coolpix L23,S3100,Fujifilm Finepix AV200,Canon IXUS all models
Offered by GRAB.A.BARGAIN
Price: 3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback for Always on Camera Case, 19 April 2014
Despite the reservations other customers have expressed re. using this product with the Panasonic lumix TZ40 perhaps my comments will be valid:
Yes it is a snug fit but I got 50% velcro engagement on my cover which is more than adequate.
The camera can be carried easily in the pocket, surely a pre-requisite of all travel compact cameras.
No it does not give as much protection as a fully enclosed case but surely you cannot expect that, the whole idea is to carry the camera in your pocket.
The whole design factor of this case is that you can take it out of your pocket, unfurl the wrap around cover so that it swings on the attached hinged tripod attachment and take your photo. No more lost cases!
An excellent product and extremely good value for money.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic compatible battery charger and spare batteries, 30 Oct 2013
The battery charger and batteries arrived really quickly, the packaging was top quality.
The batteries work OK but unfortunately the charger came without a UK adapter. It is supplied with a "fold-out" two prong U.S/Asia AC type plug. Very clever and neat but unfortunately useless for UK sockets without an adapter.
The batteries have three contacts for charging. A + contact, - contact and in the middle a "T" contact. The "T" contact, I believe is for monitoring the temperature of the battery because lithium ion batteries have been known to overheat.
Unfortunately the provided charger does not have the aforementioned "T" contact so that when you use the AC charger it would appear to be possible to have problems if the battery becomes defective.
It may be that the manufacturers have deemed that it is not necessary for this function to be added. There may even be some other kind of safety cut-out inside the charger. Of course the cynics among us could say that it is merely built to a (very reasonable) price and hence the omission.
It would appear that charging the supplied batteries inside the camera should be OK as the camera has got the three contacts. I have not tried this yet as the camera is brand new.
So there you have it, a bargain but I'm disappointed about the missing adapter and the safety issues.

Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ Plus 4GB MP3 Player, microSD/SDHC Slot, FM Radio, Voice Recorder, BLACK

4.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Sansa Fuze, 18 April 2013
I ordered this for work and I am very happy with the performance of the unit.
It's been said before but never the less I will repeat it here, the touch screen is the weak point and spoils an otherwise excellent product. Sound quality makes up for it though, just put it on random and enjoy the music. Otherwise I would have give it 5 stars.

iGadgitz BLACK Silicone Skin Case Cover & Sports Gym Jogging Armband for SanDisk Sansa Fuze (+) + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars iGadgitz BLACK Silicone Skin Case, 18 April 2013
Excellent product. I no longer get up from desk and lynch my mp3 player. The silicone case is a good fit and the armband is plenty adjustable and plenty strong. Nice one!

Selections GFA805 Solar Powered Battery Operated Ultrasonic Cat Repeller (Batteries Included)
Offered by Garden Selections
Price: 14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultrasonic cat repeller, 12 Feb 2013
This device is top notch for the price. I cannot believe how long the batteries last and it is totally effective. I was quite amused when my 30 year old daughter complained about the "horrendous" high pitched shrieking when she walked past it in the garden. Yes, I know, humans are not supposed to hear it but she is the only one so far who has heard it. Suffice to say there is no fouling of any kind in my garden. This repeller so good it even keeps your kids off the garden. Only joking!

High Quality RJ45 RJ11 RJ12 Cat5e Network Ethernet Phone Cable Cutter Punch Push Down Impact IDC Insertion Krone Tool UK
Offered by TECHNOPRO
Price: 1.75

5.0 out of 5 stars RJ45 Phone Punch, 12 Feb 2013
I used this tool once but I must say the quality is excellent when you consider how cheap it is and how expensive the so called professional tools cost. For the average user this tool is more than competent for your needs. Excellent

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Confessions of a GP, 12 Feb 2013
It was amusing and enjoyable. gives you a different slant on doctor/patient expectations. Perhaps we should not expect so much from our GP's. Mind you we do pay them rather a lot to sit there and listen, don't we. Still an enjoyable read though.

10 Renata Watch Batteries: 377 (SR626SW)
10 Renata Watch Batteries: 377 (SR626SW)
Offered by TopDeals4You
Price: 3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Renata watch batteries, 12 Feb 2013
These batteries are extremely good value, especially when you consider how much jewelers charge for replacement.
They last well are good quality and I will certainly be ordering some more.

Amazon Kindle Micro USB Data Transfer PC Cable
Amazon Kindle Micro USB Data Transfer PC Cable
Offered by McDONALDS_ELECTRONICS
Price: 1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Amozon USB data cable, 12 Feb 2013
I bought this as a spare and for taking on holiday. It works absolutely fine and can therefore be thoroughly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3