Profile for Mondie > Reviews

Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner
by Aneeta Patel
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! I'm really learning now and develop a real passion for knitting!, 20 Dec 2009
This is a great book if you, like me, have picked up knitting after more than 15 years of not knitting (and was never a real knitter). Explanations are excellent, it has good "workshops" to practice and knit something useful at the same time. I found this book reallt helpful, and even when I'm following a pattern on a different book, if I have doubts about a technique, I always come back to this book to check the explanations as they are much clearer than in any other book. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who is really a beginner and wants a chance to learn without frustration!

Baby Knits For Beginners
Baby Knits For Beginners
by Debbie Bliss
Price: 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great patterns, but not really for beginners, 20 Dec 2009
I picked up knitting again after at least 18 years of not knitting, and to be honest I was never much of a knitter. I found this book has lovely patterns and even though they are not too complicated, they are definitely not for an absolute beginner. There's not many explanations, it's mainly projects and if you haven't followed patterns before it's definitely hard. I found "Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner" to be much better to help me pick up knitting again, with very easy projects and excellent explanations. I'm still happy I bought "Baby Knits for beginners" but it's definetely phase 2 of my learning.