Profile for vikki650 > Reviews

Content by vikki650

vikki650 "vikki650" (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sweet Liar
Sweet Liar
by J. Deveraux
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 5.34

5.0 out of 5 stars A definte Must Read if you love Deveraux, 27 July 2010
This review is from: Sweet Liar (Mass Market Paperback)
Like the other readers, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It has romance, every woman's dream shopping spree, intrigue, and a great storyline. Read this book and you won't want to put it down until you're done.

A Rogue of my Own
A Rogue of my Own
by Johanna Lindsey
Price: 6.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Could wait to read and fell asleep easily, 20 July 2010
This review is from: A Rogue of my Own (Paperback)
Normally, I love Johanna Lindsey's books because they can be very difficult to put away, they help me relax after a lot of the much more difficult reading I do as a professor, and they take me off into a fantasy world that I find quite colourful from Lindsey's perspective. This book, though, was hard to finish. First, it was hard to see the love between the characters when all they really did was resent each other much of the time. The plot is so thin that it could have been written in a 2-page summary. I found it particularly irksome that there were all kinds of "intrigues" which never quite became obvious or interesting enough to even question what was going on in Sarah's (side character)world or with Rupert. Maybe I missed something, but the further development of the "intrigues" would have thickened the plot significantly. Knowing Lindsey's other work, this development would have also been much more interesting. I had to wonder if this book was ghost written because it just wasn't the page turner I expected. I do hope, however, that others enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2