Profile for Lethe > Reviews

Content by Lethe

Lethe (Switzerland)

Red Hat® Certified Technician & Engineer (RHCT and RHCE) Training Guide and Administrator's Reference
by Asghar Ghori

5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive resource!, 22 Sept. 2009
I've purchased this book last week and have been reading it, I'm more or less at half book and all I can tell is WOW! This book is the definitive resource for any Linux Admin or RHCE Aspirant (I fall in both categories) or for anyone willing to learn more about this wonderful Operating System.

The books opens up unveiling the basics of Linux, the shell, the basic commands (with an overview of sed, awk, operations on files) and proceeds with the management of the Linux system giving you a lot of details and examples about every command used/described. When I purchased the book I was thinking to use it as yet another reference (both for the exam and for everyday issues) but when I received it I was amazed by the quality of the material and quantity of information packed into this book!

I'm using this book as a resource to my RHCE exam preparation but I always have the book with me on my desk as it already proved useful while implementing services I was not familiar with and the only regret I have is having it before!

Definitely suggest this book to anyone exposed to Linux Administration or who want to achieve and pass the RHCE LAB.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2010 2:50 PM BST

Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN) (Authorized Self-study Guide)
by Richard Froom

3.0 out of 5 stars Official Certification Guide by David Hucbay is far better than this title, 20 Jan. 2009
I've bought this book to prepare for my BCMSN exam in the Cisco CCNP track, as another customer said I've preferred this book over the exam certification guide' -(David Hucaby) as I thought this would offer a deeper coverage of subjects needed for this exam as it has been for the BSCI Self study guide but I have to tell I was totally wrong.

I did not like how technical concepts were presented to the reader as this just created confusion on arguments I was sure to know, I own the Official Certification Guide as well and gotta tell I would suggest to buy that book to prepare for the exam instead of this. one.