Profile for yukidaruma > Reviews

Content by yukidaruma

"yukidaruma"

by Uli Hesse-Lichtenberger

5.0 out of 5 stars Max Morlock said, "Now let's show them!", 30 Nov 2002
I'm a Japanese who knows little about history of German football, but this book is very attractive to the beginner as I.
The author describes vividly the Football of Germany, which is full of conflict, chaos and contradiction rather than efficiency and well-organization.
For example, an artificial elite team came out second best to its leftover in East Germany.
So, the ball is round, as Sepp Herberger had been said.
I was deeply impressed with Max Morlock's indomitability in 1954 Final and Helmut Schoen's dispair in 1974 World Cup.
Magic Magyars, who won 8-3 against Germany two weeks ago, led 2-0 within 10 minutes. But Morlock said, "Now let's show them!", and he did!!
Schoen, Dresden-born coach, would never be the same coach again after loss to East Germany.
I felt as if I had really heard their voice.
I regret only that this work doesn't have a bibliography...I come to want to know more about German football!

by Uli Hesse-Lichtenberger

5.0 out of 5 stars The ball is round, 19 Nov 2002
I'm a Japanese who knows little about German football history, but this book is very attractive to the beginner as I.
The author describes vividly the Football of Germany, which has been full of conflict, chaos and contradiction rather than efficiency and well-organization.
For example, an artificial elite team come out second best to its leftover in East Germany.
So, the ball is round, as Sepp Herberger had been said.
I was deeply impressed with Max Morlock's indomitability in 1954 Final and Helmut Schoen's dispair in 1974.I felt as if I had heard their own voice.
I regret only that this work doesn't have a bibliography.
I want to know more about German football...although I have poor knowledge of German!