Profile for Hollycat > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Disorderly Lives: The Writer's Notebook: Short Story Collection No. 1
Disorderly Lives: The Writer's Notebook: Short Story Collection No. 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation of short stories, 4 Feb. 2016
I wrote a review yesterday, so I'm not sure why it disappeared! I read the whole book in a day, dipping in and out of it when I had a break, and I really enjoyed it. The stories all have a nice twist in them, and for me personally they were just the right length. I also felt that there was a nice thread and continuity running through the stories. This compilation is a good choice if you enjoy sci-fi, horror, thriller, mystery type stories and I felt there was a story there that for everyone.

I also really liked the concept, that new and upcoming writers were being supported and having the opportunity to be published.

My Inventions - The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla
My Inventions - The Autobiography of Nikola Tesla
by Nikola Tesla

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book if you Wish to Learn more on Tesla' s Character, 7 Nov. 2015
Written by Tesla himself, I very much enjoyed this short book. I felt I gained more of can insight into Tesla's character & personality than I have from other works. Given Tesla was not a native English speaker, his use of language in the book is outstanding. Tesla displays many symptoms of aspergers/ASD, and it was brave of him to openly admit and write about his breakdowns in this book - particularly at the time it was written, such things were considered deeply shameful (as they sadly still are today). Tesla' s upbringing did not seem particularly happy. He speaks very fondly of his mother, but he compares himself unfavourably with his brother Dane (though no mention of his 3 sisters). He seems to have suffered a combination of crippling self doubt merged with an acknowledgment of his own brilliance (in a practical, non arrogant aspie way). A very interesting read for Tesla fans.

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Wet Feline 48 x 85 g Tuna Sachet
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Wet Feline 48 x 85 g Tuna Sachet
Offered by Pet Drugs Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product for CKD cats, 7 Nov. 2015
The only wet food my CKD cats will eat - luckily they don't tire of it. It is easy to puree for syringe feeding also. Price is competitive.

Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 500mcg x 90 capsules - Magnesium Stearate Free
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 500mcg x 90 capsules - Magnesium Stearate Free
Offered by Health Leads UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service and product, 7 Nov. 2015
Great product. Great service from seller. Purchased for my cat who has CKD this product made a big difference to her appetite

Pill Pockets for Cats Salmon 1.6oz Pouch (Fast UK Delivery)
Pill Pockets for Cats Salmon 1.6oz Pouch (Fast UK Delivery)
Offered by Best Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 8 Aug. 2015
I love the pill pockets. Delivery was very fast so full marks to the seller - this is particularly relevant if you have a visit to the vet then suddenly have daily pills to give at short notice, as vets don't seem to stock these. For long term conditions that require permanent medication it is more cost effective to order from abroad, but a 2-3 week wait. One of my cats gobbles these up like a treat, but the other fussy cat unfortunately won't eat them with or without pills. I definitely recommend giving these a try

The Invasion of the Tearling: (The Tearling Trilogy 2) (Queen of the Tearling)
The Invasion of the Tearling: (The Tearling Trilogy 2) (Queen of the Tearling)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 8 Aug. 2015
I enjoyed both this and the first book in the series. A good read.

Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Wet Feline 48 X 85g Chicken Sachet
Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Renal Wet Feline 48 X 85g Chicken Sachet
Offered by Pet Drugs Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Product not so much as the cats don't like it and won't eat it, 29 July 2015
Five star for seller. Product not so much as the cats don't like it and won't eat it. They eat the tuna flavour but not the chicken

Ladies Mens Adult Animal Onesie (Large, Shark)
Ladies Mens Adult Animal Onesie (Large, Shark)

5.0 out of 5 stars great onsie!, 23 May 2015
Great fit, nice product. Seller very helpful and efficient

ADORABLE PUPPIES personalised bedroom wall border
ADORABLE PUPPIES personalised bedroom wall border
Offered by SuperDuperDecor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 23 May 2015
I needed the border done in a hurry. It was printed, posted etc same day and got to me in time. Very, very happy with customer service and product.

Sony ICDPX333.CE7 4GB PX Series MP3 Digital Voice IC Recorder
Sony ICDPX333.CE7 4GB PX Series MP3 Digital Voice IC Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 28 Nov. 2014
This is a fantastic little recorder. The voice quality is great and it is very easy to use. I barely needed the instructions as operation is intuitive. What I really also like is that the buttons are very clear as to what they do by touch alone. This is fantastic if you have the tendency to wake up in the middle of the night with a very profound thought you just HAVE TO record. I can easily feel which button is which and record without having to put the light on so I can operate it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4