Profile for Bill23 > Reviews

Content by Bill23

Bill23 (Manchester United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Philips Sonicare Flex Care Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare Flex Care Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Top-notch toothbrush, 13 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty much the BMW of toothbrushes - expensive, yes, but well made, beautifully designed and superbly functional. Can't tell how long it will last yet, but it gives confidence that it's been manufactured with care so I'd expect it to give years of service. The soft heads cause no discomfort and are easy on the gums. After cleaning, my mouth feels like it's been treated to a good overhaul - fresh and tingling. Charges from flat in about 2 hours and lasts for ages between charges, though, again, this is a nice new battery and you would expect it to - we'll see how it performs over time.
Soft grey handle gives a good grip, feels comfy in the hand and well balanced. Has 3 settings and 3 speeds. I haven't had the nerve to use the top one yet - medium seems quite as powerful as I'd want it. Heads are reasonable, cheaper than some - just wish they'd produce packs in various colours so we knew whose was whose! Overall a lovely piece of technology - if price is no object, then I'd highly recommend it. If you're on a budget, there are less pricey options available, but this is top of the range, and feels like it.

Vie Magnesium Salt Flakes - 400g Jar
Vie Magnesium Salt Flakes - 400g Jar
Offered by Healthcare Europe

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, did nothing for me......, 27 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tried this in a bath and a foot soak and didn't do it for me, sorry. Felt no different afterwards. Others seem to swear by it, so perhaps its just me. As others have pointed out, the directions are pretty vague - how much is a 'cup'? If I'd used one of my cups, this jar would have done about one bath! Would it not have been more sensible to have a cap that was also a measure, like other products? My wife was keen to try it, as she has some eczema on her hands. She made up a weakish solution to give them a soak and after a few seconds gave up because they were stinging so much.
Obviously I'm a minority voice here, but I can only tell it like we found it.

Natures Aid 250 ml Liquid Coconut Oil
Natures Aid 250 ml Liquid Coconut Oil

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but a bit pricey., 27 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Never tried this before, so glad of the chance to try it through the Vine program - I don't think I'd have risked £8 in the supermarket on the off chance - but I was glad we did. I have been using it in place of my usual olive oil for frying, and it's excellent. Fries well, doesn't smell, and tastes lighter and more delicate than olive oil. The coconut flavour (and smell) is not very pronounced, but it is there and is noticeable on the finished food. Must confess I haven't tried it on skin, hair or beard yet, and not sure if I will! A fine product, but I have knocked one star off for the price. Seems a bit pricey for everyday use, but the quality is clear.

GS II 2200mah Huge Capacity Battery 2015 Edition / 510 E-Shisha No Nicotine (Black)
Offered by uk1trader4u

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - E-THINKER ship from China, 27 July 2015
Excellent batteries - last all day easy, and charge in 5 hours or so. But E-THINKER ship from China, so expect to wait 3 weeks or so.

Russell Hobbs 21530 Extreme Glide Iron, 2400 W
Russell Hobbs 21530 Extreme Glide Iron, 2400 W

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice iron, but some reservations, 27 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice mid priced iron. Looks good, in purple and white, with a bright green ‘on’ light. It’s a lot lighter than my old one, with a smooth baseplate that glides easily and produces good results. Heats up quickly. Works fine on steam or dry, with buttons to apply a jet of steam or spray of water. So it does everything it’s supposed to do, and does it well. I like the auto cutoff - never had this feature on an iron before.
However, I do have a couple of issues with it – some minor but one major. The minor issues first: Firstly, the filling cop supplied is tiny – needs two or three journeys to the tap to fill the iron to max. Looks like it’s been made that size to fit in the box. Doesn’t matter – just use a measuring jug or something – but it shows some thoughtlessness. Secondly, the lead is too short for me. I know that irons come with 2, 2.5, or 3 metres depending on how much you pay for them (this has 2.5m so could be worse) but it does make it rather less manoeuvrable, just to save-what? How much can another 50cm of flex cost?
The third problem I found with it was more serious, I thought. The handle really does not seem very ergonomically designed. Grab the handle in the normal fashion and the steam/spray buttons in the front dig into the skin between your thumb and first finger. Move your hand back to avoid it, and the flex holder digs into your wrist. I thought perhaps it was designed for people with smaller hands than me, so I asked my wife to have a go. Her hands are much smaller than mine, but she had the same problem. This feels like a design fault to me, and makes the iron uncomfortable to use after a few minutes. I can only speak for ourselves; other reviewers haven't mentioned it so you may find it ok , I guess, but it was a big minus for us.

Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Summer, Natural Beige
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick Summer, Natural Beige

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice budget lipstick, she says..., 5 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this for my wife to try, as she thought it looked like a colour she'd like,and she wasn't disappointed. Thinks that the pale pink / slightly brownish colour suited her fine. She tells me that the product is easy to apply smoothly, goes on well and has a pleasant smell. She was pleased with the way it lasted well through the day, and considered that it was an excellent lipstick at a reasonable everyday price. All I can say is that it looks good and natural on her, and I don't notice it when I kiss her!

Rexel Jiffex Bright Foolscap Transfer Files Assorted (Pack of 12)
Rexel Jiffex Bright Foolscap Transfer Files Assorted (Pack of 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite updated, 16 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you need folders to hold bundles of bills or correspondence together long-term, these do the job. Hardly radical - the basic design must be half a century old - but the bright colours make them look up to date. I like the fact that the covers are high-quality manila card rather than plastic as it makes them easy to write on with anything. Cheaper versions are available, but you will find that they are made from thinner card, which is easily torn, and have much less robust mechanisms (of thin, sharp metal). Maybe a pit pricey at over two quid each, but if you need long-term storage for legal or tax reasons, probably worth paying the extra.

Rexel A4 Mesh Bags with Zip (Pack of 10)
Rexel A4 Mesh Bags with Zip (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little items...., 16 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all, these are definitely NOT A4 size bags as it says on the heading. They are in fact (just about) A6 size, as it says in the text. Amazon need to get this sorted out or they will be dealing with a lot of returns.
Having said that, these are useful little items to have around for holding things like passports, tickets, bank books and the like. I use one to store all my 'vaping' bits when travelling around. Size is not generous, though, as the zip stops you inserting A6 items without bending them, and it would have been handier, I think, to make them a little longer to hold pens & pencils. They are robust enough, and the closures are firm. Not a product to revolutionise anything, but handy to have around.

Lexar Professional JumpDrive S75 16GB USB 3.0 (150MB/s) Retractable Design Flash Drive Memory Stick - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and reliable USB stick., 7 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Solid and reliable USB stick. Probably larger than it needs to be - but I think that's a good thing. Some sticks now are so small it's hard to keep track of them. transfer speeds on 3.0 seem fast enough to me. retract mechanism is a solid and satisfying 'click'. Doesn't feel particularly flimsy to me, compared with others I've used. Good value at the price.

Turbulent and Mighty Continent: What Future for Europe
Turbulent and Mighty Continent: What Future for Europe
by Anthony Giddens

2.0 out of 5 stars A difficult read, short on solutions, 7 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Probably not aimed at the general reader, but rather a manifesto for the rulers, academics, economists and bureaucrats to debate. With a general election looming, and the future of the EU, the Euro and immigration hot topics, I thought I'd take a look, but it's hard going, to be honest. Giddens is 100% pro - EU, but he does realise the weaknesses in the current setup. Ideas for change and improvement seem a bit vague to me - lots of issues which Europe 'must' do something about, but thin on concrete proposals. UKIP types will find no comfort here - immigration is necessary and desirable, both internally and from outside, and resistance is futile. Any problems are due to hostility of the host people. Turkey should be admitted as soon as possible.
There is very little on a human level here, not much understanding of the effect of EU decisions and directions at individual citizen level.Perhaps the fault is mine for expecting a book for the general reader / citizen - I wouldn't recommend it on that basis.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6