Profile for Bill23 > Reviews

Content by Bill23

Bill23 (Manchester United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
wet n wild Ultimate Brow Kit, Ash Brown
wet n wild Ultimate Brow Kit, Ash Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Some instructions or advice might have helped,,,,,, 3 Jun. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife thought she'd like to try this, but wasn't impressed. The tweezers, brush and mirror are well-designed and work ok, and the package clips together cleverly. However, she finds only one of the colours is any use to her, as the other is much too dark. Surely only one of the colours will be of use to anyone? As for the 'wax' - what is it for? How should it be applied? There are no instructions or advice at all enclosed. She says she will stick to her eyebrow pencil in her chosen colour rather than mess about with this. Thumbs down from her, I'm afraid.

Miller's Collectables Handbook & Price Guide 2016-2017
Miller's Collectables Handbook & Price Guide 2016-2017
by Judith Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, Informative, Invaluable for the casual collector., 24 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love these guides. Even if you've bought one before (this is my 3rd), you will find no repeated pictures or info from previous years. Thousands of pics and details, all in high-quality colour, concentrating on mass-produced items from the past 100 years. Best used as a guide for the casual browsers, who buy things they like at fairs, boot sales and auctions rather than the specialist. If you're a serious collector of glass or coins, say, you will probably have your own guides and specialist publications that you refer to, so you won't find much here you don't know. If on the other hand your interests are not as closely defined , and you just enjoy old things, some of which are still moderately priced, then a browse through these guides will stand you in good stead and arm you with a little knowledge on a wide range of collectible items. The style is non-patronising and informative and the illustrations are top-class. The authors have identified their market well, and delivered for it superbly. The valuations of those items I have some knowledge of seem realistic, so I feel I can trust them to be correct in the other areas, too. Importantly, they don't breathlessly over-value things, and always point out the pitfalls of valuations (no original box, torn corners etc.).

Post-it Super Sticky Notes - Ultra Yellow - 12 Pads Per Pack - 90 Sheets Per Pad - 76 mm x 76 mm

4.0 out of 5 stars How do you improve Post-It Notes? Here's how......, 24 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Fed up of your post-its fluttering to the floor like autumn leaves a few hours after you've stuck them up? Then this new and improved version will solve your problem! Much stickier, stay up forever, but still don't leave any sticky marks on your fridge or monitor. Otherwise, the same tried and trusted product. A selection of colours in the pack would have been nice, rather than all yellow, but they do the job.

L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Power Refreshing Face Wash 150ml
L'Oreal Paris Men Expert Hydra Power Refreshing Face Wash 150ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice but hardly essential., 5 Mar. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I quite like this. Smells really good ( I like menthol), and does indeed leave your face feeling clean and sharply fresh - the menthol is very cooling. Nice after a shave, not astringent like many aftershave gels. It is a bit runny, though - as it was described as a 'gel', I imagined the consistency would be similar to shaving gel, but it's far more liquid than that. I actually found it rather hard to 'lather up', not exactly a 'rich foam' as described on the label, but then I do live in a very hard water area, and find that most soaps and shampoos are more difficult to work into a lather. Still, it does leave the face feeling cool and fresh, as advertised, for about 15 minutes. Not sure what it does apart from that. Whether you think that brief pleasant feeling is worth spending £7 or so on, is up to you I guess.

Sealy Response Clusterfill Pillow
Sealy Response Clusterfill Pillow

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, 27 Feb. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK, I know it's expensive for a single pillow, but everything about it, from the custom zip-up case to the stitching and piping says top quality even before you get it to bed. Felt a bit firm at first - this is reckoned to be a '6' on a scale of 1-10 for firmness - but after a couple of nights I found I rather liked the extra firmness. Soft and plump enough for comfort, but without allowing your head to sink in too far. I like 2 pillows, but I'm using this with a normal pillow underneath - two of these on top of one another would be too high, I think. I might even get used to just using this as a single pillow. The claimed 'cooling' effect does seem to work - I'm usually flipping my pillow all the time looking for a cool side, but didn't need to with this, which makes for a better nights sleep. It does seem a bit larger than normal - a tight fit in my standard size pillowcases. Yes, there is a slight (not unpleasant ) smell when first removed, but it does vanish after a few hours, not a problem. A very nice pillow that does actually deliver what it promises.

Maybelline Turbo Volum' Express Mascara Black 10ml
Maybelline Turbo Volum' Express Mascara Black 10ml
Offered by Beauty Store Uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, some reservations., 12 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very black. It covers lashes well, goes on smoothly and dries quickly. Definitely no clumps. After one coat lashes looked more defined and well separated. Don’t know about ‘turbo’ though - it took several coats to build any significant volume or length. A decent basic everyday mascara and good for the price.
I wasn’t so impressed with removal though. It took a bit of rubbing with my usual Simple facial wipes to remove the mascara properly and smudged rather more than I was expecting.
So some good points, some bad = 3 stars.
(Review by Mrs. Bill23)

Tanqueray Dry London Gin 1 L
Tanqueray Dry London Gin 1 L

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Gin Indeed!, 12 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm more of a malt whisky person myself - I like a G&T when the weather's warm but I'd never regarded gin as a "connoisseur's" drink, just a 'base' to splash the tonic in, so I'd never gone beyond Gordon's or supermarket own brands before. So this Tanqueray is a bit of a revelation to me. Yes, the usual juniper flavour is there, but this is far more deeply flavoured than those I'd tried in the past. The coriander, angelica and licorice flavours really come through, and give it a lovely 'nose' - much more satisfying than regular gin, one to linger for longer over. Actually, you need to linger a bit more as this is 43% proof, packs quite a punch and not sure if that's what is wanted in a 'long' drink, but never mind, it's delicious with ice and lime. G&T can sometimes feel quite acidic on the stomach with me, but I didn't notice it with this.
Now it's opened my tastes to the subtleties in gin (like those in whisky or brandy), I may try some other brands or other Tanqueray blends in the future. Cheers!

5 x GS-H2 GS H2 GSH2 Clearomiser Atomiser Clearomizer Atomizer for CE4 CE5 Ego Shisha Pen
Offered by UK Top Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, excellent price, 12 Dec. 2015
All worked fine and fast delivery

Uniross charger for Electronic Cigarettes No Nicotine
Uniross charger for Electronic Cigarettes No Nicotine
Offered by Cell Solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying the extra., 12 Dec. 2015
Last time I bought 2 unbranded chargers for £1 each. Neither worked properly and let me down when I needed a charge. This Uniross branded one cost £3 but works perfectly and reliably.
No contest - buy this.

Hubz Shisha Pen GS-H2 2.0ml Rebuildable Clearomiser atomiser Cartomizer Atomizer eGo T C W 510 - 5 Replacement Coils
Offered by SPECIAL DEAL

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and reliable., 12 Dec. 2015
Cheap and 90% reliable. Fast delivery.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7