Profile for Margaret > Reviews

Content by Margaret

Margaret

Joseph Smale: God's 'Moses' for Pentecostalism (Studies in Evangelical History and Thought)
by Tim Welch

5.0 out of 5 stars I found it an enthralling read and would highly recommend it. As a ''non-Bible academic'', 9 Dec. 2015
I read this book as I go to the author's church. I found it an enthralling read and would highly recommend it. As a ''non-Bible academic'', I didn't know some of the words relating to biblical terminology and skated past some words; obviously this is not a criticism as it's an academic book. However, I found persevering was very worthwhile.
As well as to academics, this book may be of interest to other people; in particular, those from a baptist or pentecostal church background.

Accounts Demystified: The Astonishingly Simple Guide to Accounting
Accounts Demystified: The Astonishingly Simple Guide to Accounting
by Anthony Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 26 Mar. 2013
This book was written in a clear style which was easy to understand. It presents information in an informative and engaging way.

Teach Yourself Bookkeeping and Accounting in a Week
Teach Yourself Bookkeeping and Accounting in a Week
by Roger Mason

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 2 Nov. 2012
I found the book very helpful and challenging. It definitely shed much light on the subject of accounts and I found the section on how understand company accounts particularly interesting.
I thought that on the section where we were asked to reconcile accounts, it would have been better to have a pull-out sheet of the information to tick - as I don't like to mark books with pen/pencil marks. Alternatively, they could have had a web-site that you could print a sheet with the information on.
However, all in all, a great book.

Collins Bible Companion: The only book you need beside the Bible
Collins Bible Companion: The only book you need beside the Bible
by Martin Manser

5.0 out of 5 stars Collins Bible Study, 18 Nov. 2011
I have found that the book is laid out well and maps are clear to understand. I have found in particular the Book by Book sections and Bible Teaching sections very useful for private study. I would definitely recommend it.