Profile for A. stephenson > Reviews

A Vision of Loveliness
by Louise Levene
Price: 10.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: A Vision of Loveliness (Paperback)
This book I picked up and put down so many times, and it was only when really bored at work I decided to give it a go as it was all I grabbed that morning.
I can honestly say it's a beautifully written book, although sometimes the point of view is confusing, overall I loved it. I'm the kind of person that if I love a book will read it that day, and it took me two days to finish it.
I wont spoil it, but the descriptions of surroundings and of course clothing really made me feel I could see it and apart of Jane James life. The ending was very disappointing for me and I had to re-read it a few times but its left open to interpretation.

The White Dress: Fashion Inspiration for Brides
The White Dress: Fashion Inspiration for Brides
by Harriet Worsley

1.0 out of 5 stars Really wasn't worth a penny let alone what I paid, 6 Jan 2012
Really wasn't worth a penny let alone what I paid.
It's literally pictures of wedding dresses, all of which I have seen before on the internet. There is no quirky or interesting distinctive thing that makes this book worth buying. I would only recommend this book if you LOVE weddings and want it for a bridal shop or initial ideas, but even so there are better books out there as this is outdated now.

More To Life Than Shoes: How to Kick-start Your Career and Change Your Life
More To Life Than Shoes: How to Kick-start Your Career and Change Your Life
by Nadia Finer
Price: 8.09

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 6 Jan 2012
I LOVE this book.
It's for those moments when you question yourself for doing something brave; Read this and its reassuring that others have done it too.
An inspirational book without being too preaching; If you're motivated you can achieve your goals.

Cradle to Cradle. Remaking the Way We Make Things
Cradle to Cradle. Remaking the Way We Make Things
by Michael Braungart
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars tark realisation that we need to do something now, 6 Jan 2012
This book has changed my life. Really interesting points of view and for someone who was vaguely interested in the idea of recycling, it has opened up lots of ideas on up cycling and made me far more proactive in my way of thinking towards our `modern' way of life. The theory of cradle to cradle itself is fascinating, its scientific origins and the stark realisation that we need to do something now.
I have told everyone I know about this book and urged them to borrow my copy or buy it and none of them have been disappointed,

Filofax Botanic Organiser Electric Pink Pocket 027743
Filofax Botanic Organiser Electric Pink Pocket 027743

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love!, 6 Jan 2012
Having never brought a filofax before and cramming my little previous diaries full, I can honestly say I'M IN LOVE!!
This gorgeous little organiser is perfect for its design, and the fact that you can replace and add your own inserts making it unique to you. Its well made and for the price is outstanding!!!

The Wedding Dress: A Sourcebook
The Wedding Dress: A Sourcebook
by Philip Delamore

3.0 out of 5 stars A starter for initial ideas, 6 Jan 2012
This book is fantastic for someone who is unsure of what type of dress they would like. However for someone like me who is making their own I expected more like descriptions of types of fabric the dresses where made of which I would say is a downside to the book.
Also it has the basic wedding dress shapes and tells you if it will suit your shape. However I would disagree with most of the recommendations of what suits which body shapes!
It's a pretty coffee table book and maybe a starter for initial ideas but that's it.

Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M
Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles With M
by Lauren Rennells

4.0 out of 5 stars GORGEOUS, 6 Jan 2012
LOVED this book!
If you're like me you have tried endless you tube videos to no avail!
I put off buying this for quite some time as I thought it was a tad expensive just for hair styles but I decided to treat myself and I'm so glad I did.
There is a whole range of styles from 1920's to the 1960's, and all have a detailed picture `stage by stage' lay out.
I even came across my wedding hair do!!!!
Only downside is you need quite a few bits like tongs, pins, heat rollers ect for the majority of styles.

Lipstick Jungle Season 1 [DVD]
Lipstick Jungle Season 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brooke Shields
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching!, 4 April 2010
I have to admit i brought this series after seeing it was by the same people as sex in the city, and I'm so glad I did!!!
I watched the whole series in a day and was gutted that it was only seven episodes, and even more gutted it's only two series!!!
It is less fashion obsessed as sex and the city and far more involved in scandal and family, but it's still worth watching and like me I'm sure you'll be as gripped!!!

Material Girl: Series 1 [DVD]
Material Girl: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lenora Crichlow
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 April 2010
I brought the book a few months ago and have to say it's nothing like the book BUT is just as good if not better!!
I was sceptical at first after hearing bad reviews, and yes the clothes really weren't all that but the acting and story lines kept it fresh, interesting and made me watch all the episodes over two days whenever I wasn't at work!!!
The actors are fantastic and if you love fashion you won't be disappointed, just don't expect clothes from Chanel or Gucci, more customised Primark! BUT it's still fantastic!!!