Profile for Lydia C. Savage > Reviews

Content by Lydia C. Savage

Lydia C. Savage (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
50 SUPERIOR QUALITY Wooden Coat Hangers - Clothes Hangers trouser bar & skirt notches
Offered by express trading
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The genuine article, 24 Jun 2013
Good old fashioned COAT hangers, rugged and practical. We got them to put in our 3 holiday cottages- at this price we could have kitted out our house as well! Good price.

RED DUVET COVER SET SINGLE SIZE BED PLAIN DYED QUILT COVER BEDDING
RED DUVET COVER SET SINGLE SIZE BED PLAIN DYED QUILT COVER BEDDING
Offered by Papa Jones Ltd
Price: 13.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Plain and easy, 24 Jun 2013
Good crisp duvet cover exactly matches sheets from another source. Good quality and good value for money. Not the softest texture but easy care makes up for it in my view.

Crocs Adult Classic Navy 10001-410-006 6 UK
Crocs Adult Classic Navy 10001-410-006 6 UK
Price: 16.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Barefoot comfort in a clog?, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Crocs Unisex Classic Clog (Shoes)
I have lived in clogs for most of my adult life. Crocs are to clogs what sandals are to wellies. A wonderfully light yet flexible shoe with built-in arch support. As you wear them, their (supposedly) pressure-point stimulating liner to the sole gradually wears down to reflect your foot's shape. Only down side is they do not expand if your foot swells. Sizes are approximate eg my foot is UK 5 1/2 and the 5's are way too small, the 6's just fit.

A Slow Passion: Snails, My Garden and Me
A Slow Passion: Snails, My Garden and Me
Price: 7.71

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and informative, 8 April 2013
I bought this book to catch up on the author's experiments which I had heard about on Radio Four but missed the results.this is a lively and at times poetic book but it really comes alive halfway through when the project gets under way. A must for gardeners.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft and warm but not too wintery-looking, 7 April 2013
It's been a very cold spring where I live and I am getting fed up with Christmassy-looking flannel PJ's. This does the trick. The material is soft and warm and incidentally seems rather durable. My only objection is that it is on the large side for the size even after washing. That is fine for me as I can wear another layer underneath. I look forward to wearing the top as a bed-jacket with lighter stuff when and if the weather warms up.

Omron HJ-203 Pedometer with Activity Tracker - Purple
Omron HJ-203 Pedometer with Activity Tracker - Purple
Offered by SMDIRECT UK
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential equipment, 7 April 2013
I bought this as part of a fitness regime. Having used clip-on pedometers in the past, I was getting widely differing readings for the same activities. I hang the monitor as recommended at the front of my clothing or around my neck. The difference is gratifying. 10 k steps is now within my grasp. It may be inaccurate but who cares- it's the same pedometer many fitness writers and instructors use, so we are all in the same league.

When You Pray
When You Pray
by Joanna Collicutt
Price: 7.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 7 April 2013
This review is from: When You Pray (Paperback)
This book is the 2013 BRF Lent Book, and it is an excellent choice. The readings, which are intended to be used through the six weeks of Lent, are drawn from many books of the Bible and the reflections on them are concise and stimulating. The author uses a modicum of anecdote- just the right touch. Because the book is a sequence of meditations on the Lord's Prayer, it is suitable for all times of year. I would recommend this book for new Christians. It could also be used in Groups.

Docs To Go - Free Office Suite
Docs To Go - Free Office Suite
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Mar 2013
I live in the UK and the product can't be registered in this location. I wish they had made this clear in the blurb before I ordered it.

Kings and Queens of England
Kings and Queens of England
by Eleanor Farjeon
Price: 9.74

5.0 out of 5 stars No home should be without one. Anywhere., 17 Mar 2013
These poems were written for school-age children but like all good verse are entertaining and instructive for grown-ups. Many phrases became part of the language eg "Sign sign sign they said, ...or resign instead", which I have overheard muttered in many a meeting. I was brought up with this book; I grew up in the USA and it was a present from grateful English friends who my family send care packages to during the war, and for over 20 years this was all I knew about English History! Now I've been living in England for 40 years I read it to my grandchildren. This copy was bought to replace an older one-th paperback version which was a disappointment. It's a reprint hardback and an excellent one. The colours are more garish than the original editions but the illustrations are just as quirky and fascinating as ever. Ideal Christmas present for young fans of Horrible Histories.

ScreenDim Full
ScreenDim Full
Price: 0.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy-saving, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: ScreenDim Full (App)
I got into a panic when I found I couldn't dim my Kindle Fire in different conditions. I couldn't find the control for brightness (there were no helpful instructions on line available) and I needed to be able to read at night during a spell of illness without upsetting my husband. This app wasn't too expensive and enabled me to control the brightness and the definition. This worked out well after a bumpy patch of trial and error. Then I accidentally worked out how to adjust the brightness from the page-top menu. In fact, I still use the app because it's more convenient for me to have a set of bespoke settings for different light conditions. I estimate that with the lowest setting I can increase intervals between recharge for up to a week.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9